What's new

UAE’s F-35 contracts expected to be signed before end of Trump administration

What they gonna do with all that fire power ?

Good question, get stronger, or should I say MUCH stronger as well as become a real full-time ally with the US and even NATO. With the acquisition of so many F-35s as well as all those advanced drones that the US doesn't really sell to just anyone, not to mention that the UAE already has a huge fleet of drones from Wingloongs to even domestically built ones yet they chose to purchase quite a few MQ-9Bs (18 of them) along with its entire logistical operations center which tells me that they're looking to join the US in certain missions as a full fledged ally/partner.

what a waste

and I like how US fools these Arab nations saying things like Congress has 30 days to appeal against the deal and if they dont the deal is automatically signed

it gets even better

it also say Israel has appealed against the deal however now Israel is happy with the deal

during whole "uncertainty" the UAE must be like worried in US says no

and best part is now Congress has "approved" the deal and now UAE can have the jets

a bad sales man does this to a old lady who's buying a dodgy car

UAE needs to kamikaze attack the enemies of the Arab way with these pieces of machinery

what a waste

What is it a waste? Did you say the same thing when Turkey was ordering 100+ F-35s? Was it a waste then, too? Anyone who has that fighter in those numbers and knows how to use it can take on almost any enemy in the air and attack ground targets in almost any theater. The only drawback is it's vulnerable to certain powerful long band ground radars. Other than that, I don't see where any of this is a waste. Quite the opposite.

and I like how US fools these Arab nations saying things like Congress has 30 days to appeal against the deal and if they dont the deal is automatically signed

Standard operating procedure with the US an any foreign military sale. Even the UK and Israel get the same treatment and have to go through the same process. Not sure where you're going with that, either.

a bad sales man does this to a old lady who's buying a dodgy car

So you're an anti-F-35 guy. Ok, I get it now. That's fine, nothing wrong with that but let's not pile up on Arabs and call them fools just because they want to purchase it.

The UAE and its military structure has really surprised us through the last two decades and how they've built their military to what it is today. They do their diligence when it comes to purchasing equipment and they go out and buy the best of the best AFTER they determine their exact needs. We've seen that with the Mirage 2000-9s they bought, the F-16 block 60s they bought and now the F-35s and 60 Rafales. This is not someone who just went out and bought things from a military buffet. This is a group of very intelligent people whom are well-versed in military equipment and have done their research and put together a perfect package of items that they feel suits their needs the best. Now they're in the process of acquiring it. I see nothing wrong with that and actually see a great example set.

Even Qatar, which looked like it went on a panic purchase at first with the 30 F-15s, 36 Rafales and 24 Eurofighter Typhoons. It looked like they went out and bought instant protection from all three of these countries that supply those different types of aircraft right after they were blocked out by Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Egypt. Yet when you put the stock together, it makes a formidable package that no one can argue with. So I see nothing of what you're saying, and certainly nothing attributing foolishness to Arabs. Quite the opposite.

Just a few hours left of Trump administration and this deal is still not signed yet....

Just a few hours left of Trump administration and this deal is still not signed yet....

It's pretty much signed and sealed weeks ago. The US won't risk losing a major arms importing market if they won't sell others would happily take the market such as China or Turkey. So regardless they will get stealth and other equipments and the US doesn't want to lose a huge market because other producers will fill in the void

Last edited:
It's pretty much signed and sealed weeks ago. The US won't risk losing a major arms importing market if they won't sell others would happily take the market such as China or Turkey. So regardless they will get stealth and other equipments and the US doesn't want to lose a huge market because other producers will fill in the void

The deal was signed?

As per Defence News this does not seem to be the case.

The deal was signed?

As per Defence News this does not seem to be the case.

I don't think there will be any further notice or info to release. It has passed directly to the producers after the senate. The other things happen behind the scenes such as the contract and stuff like that

Last edited:
I don't think there will be any further notice or info to release. It has passed directly to the producers after the house. The other things happen behind the scenes such as the contract and stuff like that

So you are not sure if it has actually been signed? Considering the amount of publicity Trump was going to shout a lot about this and was going to be a major win for the UAE. You said in your earlier post

" It's pretty much signed and sealed weeks ago "

Just wondered how you knew.

Stop it Yasser you are giving me butterflies ! xD Inshallah it goes through

if not , meh , off to the next vendor :P

So you are not sure if it has actually been signed? Considering the amount of publicity Trump was going to shout a lot about this and was going to be a major win for the UAE. You said in your earlier post

" It's pretty much signed and sealed weeks ago "

Just wondered how you knew.

I know this because the senate green lighted. It would cause diplomatic row if anything else were to occur. This is done deal. I even said this before it went to the senate. AIPAC is supporting the deal on top of that. It doesn't mean the behind the scenes confidential contract signed by Pompeo details will be revealed to public nor should anyone expect that

I know this because the senate green lighted. It would cause diplomatic row if anything else were to occur. This is done deal. I even said this before it went to the senate. AIPAC is supporting the deal on top of that. It doesn't mean the behind the scenes confidential contract signed by Pompeo details will be revealed to public nor should anyone expect that

No, you are confusing matters, I asked you if the deal was signed, and it has not been. The Senate green lighting it does not mean it is signed, there is also a very high chance the new US adminisration will block the deal. My point is why say something is signed when it is not??
Stop it Yasser you are giving me butterflies ! xD Inshallah it goes through

if not , meh , off to the next vendor :P

This is my point, it's not 100% certain yet, yet some people post as if they have some sort of inside knowledge of these things when they do not.

Anyway, I hope UAE does actually get these planes....

No, you are confusing matters, I asked you if the deal was signed, and it has not been. The Senate green lighting it does not mean it is signed, there is also a very high chance the new US adminisration will block the deal. My point is why say something is signed when it is not??

Pompeo said himself we will sign before this admin term ends. It doesn't mean this will be released because they have already agreed and signed to sell the items before the senate intervened for reviewing

Pompeo said himself we will sign before the admins term ends. It doesn't mean this signing will be released because they have already agreed and signed to sell the items before the senate intervened for reviewing

OK, so you have no gone from "It's pretty much signed and sealed weeks ago" to "Pompeo said"....

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom