What's new

UAE’s F-35 contracts expected to be signed before end of Trump administration

Not that long inshaAllah. You need to understand that new F 35 can only be delivered starting at 2028 due to huge F 35 program sales for US and European/Australia/Japan/South Korean needs.

KFX block 1 can still compete with Rafale since I bring KFX/IFX into a conversation because there is talk to buy 60 rafales, you need to read the post until the end. KFX block 1 also has half internal weapon bay in the plane belly and already has Stealth feature. It can be quite Stealthy if the plane only put 4 missiles in the belly without fuel tanks

View attachment 707284

KFX block 2 software is already been developed and its shows 6 missile inside weapon bay

View attachment 707283
View attachment 707286
View attachment 707285
The reason why UAE buys Rafale is not to put all egg in one basket. Your KFX uses american engine and american subsystems. It is not sanction proof if things turn sour between UAE and USA.

Rafale is 100% french made and the product is quite developed.

What’s going to happens to their Mirage-2000? Do they have enough pilots for all the new planes they are getting? Any chance of Pakistani pilots flying Rafale? I know America will not allow Pakistani pilots/Engineers/technicians near F-35.

That price included a FREMM and the 4 Gowind too.. That $2 billion.. so the 24 Rafale and all you have rightly mentioned was $3.7 billion..

I don't believe that number included the FREMM and certainly not Gowind corvettes, my friend. The $5.7 billion was 5.1 Euros which when you look at the Qatar order, they paid 6.3 billion Euros (almost $7 billion) for the first 24, then they paid an additional couple of billion (I don't know what the exact number was) for the additional 12 Rafales to make the total 36 jets. But look at the number they paid for the 24 aircraft, it's about $1.7 billion more than what the EAF paid for its 24 jets. So that number is very realistic and would be impossible if they included the FREMM and the Gowinds with that. I haven't seen any source, even Arabic from Egypt that claims otherwise. If you have it, please share, bro, as this has always been some point of contention lol.

And the Qatari deal is always mentioned along with SCALP cruise missiles as well as Meteor A2A missiles and all the logistics mentioned earlier for the first time buying of a new jet.

What’s going to happens to their Mirage-2000? Do they have enough pilots for all the new planes they are getting? Any chance of Pakistani pilots flying Rafale? I know America will not allow Pakistani pilots/Engineers/technicians near F-35.

The UAE has excellent pilots they've developed through the last 20+ years. Some of the videos we saw of their F-16 Block 60 pilots dodging Houthi missiles was super impressive! Their academy is most likely fully loaded with very qualified applicants whom will be trained by the best of the best. There shouldn't be any problems with having qualified Emirate pilots for all those aircraft. The Rafale deal comes with training the pilots who will be flying those jets in France, just like they did with the EAF and Indian pilots.

Last edited:
I don't believe that number included the FREMM and certainly not Gowind corvettes, my friend. The $5.7 billion was 5.1 Euros which when you look at the Qatar order, they paid 6.3 billion Euros (almost $7 billion) for the first 24, then they paid an additional couple of billion (I don't know what the exact number was) for the additional 12 Rafales to make the total 36 jets. But look at the number they paid for the 24 aircraft, it's about $1.7 billion more than what the EAF paid for its 24 jets. So that number is very realistic and would be impossible if they included the FREMM and the Gowinds with that. I haven't seen any source, even Arabic from Egypt that claims otherwise. If you have it, please share, bro, as this has always been some point of contention lol.

And the Qatari deal is always mentioned along with SCALP cruise missiles as well as Meteor A2A missiles and all the logistics mentioned earlier for the first time buying of a new jet.

The UAE has excellent pilots they've developed through the last 20+ years. Some of the videos we saw of their F-16 Block 60 pilots dodging Houthi missiles was super impressive! Their academy is most likely fully loaded with very qualified applicants whom will be trained by the best of the best. There shouldn't be any problems with having qualified Emirate pilots for all those aircraft. The Rafale deal comes with training the pilots who will be flying those jets in France, just like they did with the EAF and Indian pilots.
The price does not include the 4 Gowind..they were bought before for $1 billion plus $400 million for armaments..

It included the Fremm though with the 24 Rafale..

https://www.lemonde.fr/economie/art...vendre-le-rafale-a-l-egypte_4571267_3234.html

https://www.lesechos.fr/2015/02/rafale-en-egypte-accord-entre-paris-et-le-caire-243668#xtor=CS1-33

I hope UAE abandon their intention to get 60 Rafales and should wait for KFX/IFX program to commence its mass production phase that is expected to happen in 2026 inshaAllah.

View attachment 707277
View attachment 707279

Long-Range Air-Launched Cruise Missile-II is one of the primary land-attack weapons being developed for upcoming KF-X/IFX fighter jet.

It is being developed by LIG Nex1 in partnership with Agency for Defense Development using a mix of indigenous and foreign technology.

Republic of Korea Air Force's acquisition of 260 Taurus KEPD 350 cruise missiles for its F-15K Slam Eagle fleet included technology transfer, one of them being the penetrator. Korea System Challenge (KSC) acquired necessary technology for advanced kinetic penetrator from Taurus Systems and is participating in this development.

This new missile for KF-X will be used to avoid enemy air defense and strike hardened targets such as bunkers and missile facilities deep within North Korea.

1610946560378.png

Last edited:
lololoooololloool. Up to 50 F-35s and 18 MQ_9B drones AND, this is the kicker, up to $10 billion worth of munitions LOL! That is absolutely crazy! Good for our UAE Brothers 🇦🇪 if this contract gets finalized without any hitches.

Then on top of that, they're close to closing on a contract with Dassault for 60 RAPHALES!!!!! LOL!
Unbelievable. MashaAllah what a package that's going to be and add the current F-16 block 60s and Mirage 2Ks to all of that and that will be about as impressive an airforce as one could get! Wow!

The only question I would have is how the heck will Dassault be able to keep up with such an order with all the other ones it has?!

What they gonna do with all that fire power ?

Deterrent against nations that wish us harm such as Iran and Iran/Houthis. Also, to join allies in other countries

I would say it is better for UAE not to intervene in Yemen or Libya. This will bring resentment from regional power like Iran and Turkey. I would say better Yemenis and Libyan decide their own fate. The need to intervene that make middle east become a mess like Today. The only thing which will be good to do is to mediate between powers there.

I would say it is better for UAE not to intervene in Yemen or Libya. This will bring resentment from regional power like Iran and Turkey. I would say better Yemenis and Libyan decide their own fate. The need to intervene that make middle east become a mess like Today. The only thing which will be good to do is to mediate between powers there.

Easier said than done. Iran spreading its tentacles in Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq and now Yemen is not to build and allow these nations to prosper. They do not have the well being of the people at heart. They want the destruction of the GCC, mostly KSA in anyway possible. So in short , they are not being very nice. Actually quite hostile with Iranian missiles landing on civilians and oil fields in KSA.

The UAE is part of the GCC and a major player. It would be quite strange if the UAE did not assist KSA.....

Places beyond the Arabian peninsula i agree. We should stay far from it ...

Deterrent against nations that wish us harm such as Iran and Iran/Houthis. Also, to join allies in other countries
How a tiny country made up of 99% of expatriates think that it can not only protect itself but also help allies? Hell you all can’t even manage to stop the Houthis, despite the Western help...Stop being megalomaniacal..you are just a small country... your safety and your being depends on foreign bases and your deep pockets..

Indian Arab this is new

No it is not ! I know many Emiratis who have Indian mothers. So i guess you can call their off-spring Arab/indian

How about the Yemeni merchants that settled and mingled in India hundreds of years ago ?

How a tiny country made up of 99% of expatriates think that it can not only protect itself but also help allies? Hell you all can’t even manage to stop the Houthis, despite the Western help...Stop being megalomaniacal..you are just a small country... your safety and your being depends on foreign bases and your deep pockets..

I understand that it can be overwhelming for the "big boys" to come to terms with the fact that the once small fishing post is making a lot of noise, it can hurt, especially when "they" harnessed ill-feelings towards the success story of the United Arab Emirates ..... But Inshallah the UAE is here to stay and Inshallah the UAE uses the power it has been granted to do good for all people and all nations.

curious question here?
would/will Pakistan go for the KFX or any other foreign 5th gen aircraft, or will we focus on the azm and consider Chinese options?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom