What's new

UAE Will Receive 'Bunker Busters'

golmaal

Reaction score
Report Says UAE Will Receive 'Bunker Busters'

WASHINGTON - The United States has plans to provide thousands of advanced "bunker-busting" bombs to the United Arab Emirates as part of efforts to contain Iran, The Wall Street Journal reported Nov. 11.
The advanced munitions are designed to demolish bunkers, tunnels and other thickly reinforced targets, making them well-suited for a potential strike on Iran's underground nuclear facilities, the newspaper said.

The proposed package to the UAE - said to include up to 3,900 joint direct attack munitions (JDAMS), and other weapons - is to be formally presented to Congress "in the coming days," the Journal said.

In recent years, President Obama's administration has moved to shore up Arab Gulf countries with major arms deals, part of a policy of strengthening regional allies to ramp up pressure on Tehran.
The long-running dispute over Iran's nuclear program flared this week when the International Atomic Energy Agency said it had "credible" evidence that Iran was trying to build nuclear warheads for its medium-range missiles.

Iran denies it is seeking atomic weapons, insisting that its nuclear program is entirely peaceful.
The United States and Israel have in turn warned that all options are on the table for dealing with the issue, including military action.

U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta on Nov. 10 warned of the risks from any military strike on Iran, saying it could have a "serious impact" on the region.
Panetta added that a military strike on suspected Iranian nuclear sites would only delay Tehran's nuclear program for about three years.

The United Nations has slapped four rounds of sanctions on Iran since 2006, and the United States and European Union have imposed their own restrictions.
Israel has signaled it may stage air strikes against Iran's nuclear sites, and Tehran has threatened to hit back against any attack or even the threat of military action.

Report Says UAE Will Receive 'Bunker Busters' - Defense News

The proposed package to the UAE - said to include up to 3,900 joint direct attack munitions (JDAMS), - Man That's a huge inventory..

Why the hell are they buying JDAMs?? They make their own JDAMs you know.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-forum/133297-yabhon-xtreme-uae-jdam.html?amp;goto=newpost

Anyways it appears that the UAE will be the ones to do the strike not US or Israel.... Damn stupid if you ask me.
what do they feed you over there? You arabs say the dumbest things most of the times.
You're telling me that the country that will lose the most from a conflict in the region and has the shittiest overall military is going to start a war? One missile in the centre of Dubai and BYE BYE Dubai. Their airforce isn't worth **** then. Within days everybody will want to leave. We're so close that we could literally throw handgranades at them lol

Two day's worth of shelling and ballistic and cruise missiles will flatten dubai and abu dhabbi.

what do they feed you over there? You arabs say the dumbest things most of the times.
You're telling me that the country that will lose the most from a conflict in the region and has the shittiest overall military is going to start a war? One missile in the centre of Dubai and BYE BYE Dubai. Their airforce isn't worth **** then. Within days everybody will want to leave. We're so close that we could literally throw handgranades at them lol

Two day's worth of shelling and ballistic and cruise missiles will flatten dubai and abu dhabbi.

Again Abii with his usual racist ultra-persian mindset. UAE airforce is one of the best in the world it is the most advanced air force to date. Us Arabs destroyed your little $hitty empire and culture once and we will have no probem doing it 10 times over so learn some respect Persian.

Okay, that was a bit nooby :lol:

Again Abii with his usual racist ultra-persian mindset. UAE airforce is one of the best in the world it is the most advanced air force to date. Us Arabs destroyed your little $hitty empire and culture once and we will have no probem doing it 10 times over so learn some respect Persian.
Let me dumb it down for you
The airforce is worth **** when Iran can flatten UAE in 2 days. What part of that is difficult for you to understand? Robert Baer went as far as saying that Iran could invade and take over UAE in less than 24 hours but I won't go that far. What good is an airforce that doesn't have a country to head back to? Before their jets can enter Iranian air space, thousands of ballistic and cruise missiles would have already landed in UAE. Without the help of the US, Iran could have tens of thousands of men in UAE within a day. You are so clueless that you don't understand simple matters. I guess that's how the Americans are able to sell you toys.

Let me dumb it down for you
The airforce is worth **** when Iran can flatten UAE in 2 days. What part of that is difficult for you to understand? Robert Baer went as far as saying that Iran could invade and take over UAE in less than 24 hours but I won't go that far. What good is an airforce that doesn't have a country to head back to? Before their jets can enter Iranian air space, thousands of ballistic and cruise missiles would have already landed in UAE. Without the help of the US, Iran could have tens of thousands of men in UAE within a day. You are so clueless that you don't understand simple matters. I guess that's how the Americans are able to sell you toys.

Pentagon Proposes Sale of THAAD to UAE - Defense News

Are you sure their air force is worth ****?

I know I'd prefer F-16 Blk 60s over aging F-4s and F-14s :lol:

Hell, even Saudi F-15s brought down your F-4s.

their airforce can destroy our airforce, sure. What will that get them? Their country will still be razed to the ground.

Yep, the only exceptionable threat are Iran's missiles.

Iran's air force these days isn't exactly in the league. But, they have good pilots and experience.

Yep, the only exceptionable threat are Iran's missiles.

Iran's air force these days isn't exactly in the league. But, they have good pilots and experience.
UAE's economy runs on investment and Abu Dhabi's oil.
One missile on burj khalifa will bankrupt dubai and a few missiles on Abu Dhabi's oil infrastructure will bakrupt the country. If they don't get the message then we can send another few thousand and see if they get the message then. So far we haven't even talked about the fact that without US' help, tens of thousands of Iranian troops can walk into UAE.

UAE's economy runs on investment and Abu Dhabi's oil.
One missile on burj khalifa will bankrupt dubai and a few missiles on Abu Dhabi's oil infrastructure will bakrupt the country. If they don't get the message then we can send another few thousand and see if they get the message then. So far we haven't even talked about the fact that without US' help, tens of thousands of Iranian troops can walk into UAE.

I don't understand what you guys are are fighting over... Both countries are being used a pawns by the puppet masters. :)

Don't you guys see that it is in the interest in each of your respective countries and the whole region for there to remain peace between Arab countries and Iran?

Chill guys.. no one is starting a war..
These deliveries are purely business..;)

I don't understand what you guys are are fighting over... Both countries are being used a pawns by the puppet masters. :)

Don't you guys see that it is in the interest in each of your respective countries and the whole region for there to remain peace between Arab countries and Iran?
Well, US is playing "divide and conquer" tactic. Surely Iran wants peace in the region, but quite a lot of Arab countries have devil whispering in the ear: "if you arent with 'us', you are against us, and you will be bombed to stone age. Play with us, and get nice toys." Then we have fake assassination plots, alleged nuclear bombs, you name it.

US is trying to involve Arabs in the war, and surely more countries could do more damage to Iran, however they wont win anyway, but US could care less how many Arabs and Iranians die, as long as US/Israel achieves its goals.

We're not the ones buying bunker busters amigo
wtf are you on about?

I was just trying to knock some sense into the head of our wahabi friend who seems to think that having a better air force means something. He doesn't seem to realize that a better airforce is only an advantage when you can match your enemy in other areas.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom