What's new

UAE sends 11 tons of medical aid supplies to Pakistan to help combat coronavirus

This is the worth of our fake real estate market where we get garbage while we can get for the same money in UAE with free gym, swimming pool and a VIP lounge with double layer security and more than 8 elevators with lightning speed

The deal is lucrative but it's those damn annual hidden charges and the bullying that spoils the taste. And what a Pakistani gonna do with a posh flat anyways? Lots of People's businesses are barely surviving there so whom you gonna rent it out? Maybe a select few? Just check out the current rent rates in business bay and compare them with the previous year.

Besides the thing which annoys me the most is that there's no remedy against the govt at all and all big giant developers like NAKHEEL and EMAAR are govt owned which have been royally screwing people since lately. Moreover you can get deported in a matter of hours by an Intel guy for littlest of the things like a face book post, coz that guy also is not local and is after achieving his target.

Therefore I advised first visit the place ask for people's opinion already working on ground and don't fall for the rosy promises of govt newspapers like gulf etc and if you've made your mind to do bsusniess only keep a limited amount of capital to survive, make your money, get out and invest in Pakistan or Europe.

@Trango Towers

The deal is lucrative but it's those damn annual hidden charges and the bullying that spoils the taste. And what a Pakistani gonna do with a posh flat anyways? Lots of People's businesses are barely surviving there so whom you gonna rent it out? Maybe a select few? Just check out the current rent rates in business bay and compare them with the previous year.

Besides the thing which annoys me the most is that there's no remedy against the govt at all and all big giant developers like NAKHEEL and EMAAR are govt owned which have been royally screwing people since lately. Moreover you can get deported in a matter of hours by an Intel guy for littlest of the things like a face book post, coz that guy also is not local and is after achieving his target.

Therefore I advised first visit the place ask for people's opinion already working on ground and don't fall for the rosy promises of govt newspapers like gulf etc and if you've made your mind to do bsusniess only keep a limited amount of capital to survive, make your money, get out and invest in Pakistan or Europe.

@Trango Towers
Last paragraph was unnecessary, Perhaps if you want any advices for that region, the genuine problems expats face, You can ask me anytime, I don’t need to ask others for that :-)

And btw, I can’t disagree with you on this one though, One could invest but then what?, still a normal expat, Don’t get any special privilege over others, get deported anytime over the smallest thing and that too in a small deadline of just hours. However, Bitter truth people must accept is

“If you want to live somewhere with your WILL, You have to submit yourself to their laws, no matter what, and you don’t have rights to object, just an option to leave”

As for the expenses and all, Too much, Yes, But the problem lately isn’t the expenses but the average loss of revenue per year and that the graph seems to fall every year steeply, Businesses open and close, Those who are new can forget to operate for more than a year if on loans, old businesses are also shaking and many have closed, all huge markets where people didn’t have place to walk, are not “SunSaan”.

There was a time in dubai that these expenses were there (not as much as today), But Due to good business and trade, good revenue, these expenses didnt matter and people were saving up big cash.

Business crisis, Over production and supply, lack of demand, And for UAE Specifically here that those customers who used to order products from UAE in bulk whole year, have run elsewhere for the supply as VAT even though just 5%, but has had a high impact on the overall costs the foreign customer faces, let’s say that you are from Sudan, Now, UAE is the exporter to Africa, Middle east and Central Asia.
Chinese goods, USA, Australia, Even Singapore and Thailand use UAE for this purpose, and in turn UAE local businesses or free-zones forward these products to the above respected regions.

So if you are from Sudan, Let’s say a product xyz costs you around $230 ex factory price, It comes to UAE, If you buy it from local market (which is actually the most probable case), you add up a 5%VAT On top of that, and if the product has been through multiple stages of supply chain (Importer=>Dealer=>Retailer=>You), every stage, the VAT increases minutely, so in the end the overall cost increases significantly.

Now before the VAT was implemented, this same product could have been sold in Sudan for around $260 (cost to the seller after the product lands in sudan is let’s say $255), and now that VAT has been implemented, it costs you around $270 landing in Sudan, Just imagine how negatively the local market prices are impacted even with 5%, the consumer retail price would be set around $275 including profit for the seller or best he would try to minimize his profit to compete with other local sellers in order to attract customers so the window narrows and not much room left to do good business.

Singapore has up’ed their game, took advantage of the UAE situation, and business has moved back to Singapore to quite extent, Dubai and Singapore and let’s say business rivals

Last edited:
Last paragraph was unnecessary, Perhaps if you want any advices for that region, the genuine problems expats face, You can ask me anytime, I don’t need to ask others for that :-)

Terrific post, thank you!

Sir the last paragraph in my post was meant for the Pakistanis. I mean they are the ones who would like to invest in other countries so they must be aware of the ground realities.

the thing with the GCC is that you cannot rely on the online feed back of your relative or friend working their. As he's being monitored all the time and a single negative word about the host country could land him in trouble.

the thing with the GCC is that you cannot rely on the online feed back of your relative or friend working their. As he's being monitored all the time and a single negative word about the host country could land him in trouble.
:D:D:D:D

Many wannabe keyboard warriors have lost their visas within hours due to this :D

Sir pe bandook.

But then again, If one has good earning means in UAE, Who wouldnt Stay quite and trade in with enjoying the peace, cheap cars, amazing infrastructure, cheaper and better quality food products :-), if only one can earn sufficiently that is

Terrific post, thank you!
You ask for it.
This post was to further ensure that I am no bootlicker of anyone, but just logical arguments backed by on ground facts, first hand.

Expats in these countries generally get emotional over things such as fines and all, Yes, it hurts to get fined up, that too for the silliest of the things, Or huge fees for various services, but then they forget that they are living in someone else’s country and that the day they landed here, they submitted themselves to the local laws.

Usually while installing a software, people just blindly check the “I agree with T&Cs”, and then when they face problems, they cry, Same is the situation for UAE and KSA, Their laws, I personally adore these laws even if I get f’ed up myself by that ever, Look at how they have kept our ignorant people straight and civilized in their country, these same people then come back to Pakistan, starting from immigration office, then roads, areas, home and everywhere, they go again JAHIL, as if Pakistan is nothing but a chaos wrecking playground for them, Why?

Our law enforcement and implementation has failed, government has failed to empower these poor policemen, These policemen hired are as well illiterate, from unfortunate background, who themselves have little to no sense of urban civilization model like UAE, UK, Australia, USA and so on. How can you expect these policemen to stop what they themselves don’t even know, Like maybe zebra crossing, or street car parking.

:D:D:D:D

Many wannabe keyboard warriors have lost their visas within hours due to this :D

Sir pe bandook.

But then again, If one has good earning means in UAE, Who wouldnt Stay quite and trade in with enjoying the peace, cheap cars, amazing infrastructure, cheaper and better quality food products :-), if only one can earn sufficiently that is

That's the point, if someone is earning despite the tourists numbers in gcc touching ground level since past many years then all power to him after all the earnings gonna end up back in pak.

Moreover it's our national obligation to guide fellow Pakistanis on ground realities and why and how they should play safe specially working in gcc but I still couldn't get it why some members made it a matter of Ego? :D

After all its pure business and like other states our must also extend a helping hand to Pakistanis to compete and outdo other businesses, whats wrong with calling a spade a spade?

You ask for it.
This post was to further ensure that I am no bootlicker of anyone, but just logical arguments backed by on ground facts, first hand.

You sir are a fellow Green guy, proud of you :enjoy:

Expats in these countries generally get emotional over things such as fines and all, Yes, it hurts to get fined up, that too for the silliest of the things, Or huge fees for various services, but then they forget that they are living in someone else’s country and that the day they landed here, they submitted themselves to the local laws.

I partially agree with you here but the problem lies with those enforcing laws there. The stories I hear make me think that it has more to do with generating revenue than to have a healthy law abiding society

I partially agree with you here but the problem lies with those enforcing laws there. The stories I hear make me think that it has more to do with generating revenue than to have a healthy law abiding society
Once upon a time, My cousin, he sold his home theatre to someone through online ad, called him at a place, he earned around 310 profit on that set, He was coming back, happy, really happy, it was his first sell ever, Now here is the sadly funny part,

He walked over a red signal, road was empty though, and from a distance, an undercover Cid guy called him over, should him his ID, fined him 420.

So he came back to me, face dull, I didn’t expect that, turns out, he lost more than he earned that day :lol:.

Waise apas ki baat hai bhai, Those fines there aren’t solely for “kamai” purposes, but to cast fear in the hearts of people so that they try their best and keep on improving themselves to respect the law.

Aise hi thori saray jahil wahan jakar sedhe hojatay hain. And you might often see me calling most people jahil, don’t think that I am by any chance disrespecting my country, but its people, Yes. We as a nation are really corrupt, to the worst.

Agar mere haath mein hota to mein to 10k fine rakhdeta sarak par sirf thooknay ka aur kachra phenkne ka.

Like I said above, People who “told you”, I told you earlier, people get emotional there

Mate you are saying like this is some kind of charity they throw at us. We provide services through our sweat and blood in return. Ain't no free lunches in this world. I can paste credible links here but it gonna derail the thread.

99 year visa Property scams , where they sell large advertisements as some sort of royal decree and gullible people fell for it not once but twice, not gonna fall for th third time , you remember?
so who is forcing u to dream about owning a house in uae buy is in tehran and be done with it

so who is forcing u to dream about owning a house in uae buy is in tehran and be done with it

Hey bro don't get me wrong i only care for what benefit Pakistan and Pakistani from a logical stand point. And Iran doesnt offer nothing atm.

This brother wood thing should be better left for the govts. Emotions doesn't concern business because it is valued in terms of pure money. And this is what I've been implying to my brethren that don't fall for friend ship and other buzz words, focus on the ground realities , evaluate and then make a decision. If you earn revenue then it's good for Pakistan, if you don't then the nation suffers. God bless you!

Hey bro don't get me wrong i only care for what benefit Pakistan and Pakistani from a logical stand point. And Iran doesnt offer nothing atm.

This brother wood thing should be better left for the govts. Emotions doesn't concern business because it is valued in terms of pure money. And this is what I've been implying to my brethren that don't fall for friend ship and other buzz words, focus on the ground realities , evaluate and then make a decision. If you earn revenue then it's good for Pakistan, if you don't then the nation suffers. God bless you!
then why the he’ll people go to uae in the first place
u should give the credit where its due
i never heard u or others saying how uae or gcc changed peoples lives when they couldn’t afford a cycle back home driving merca and beamers
so be positive or don’t spread negative about things u have 0 idea just for the sake of doing it

Back
Top Bottom