What's new

UAE and France sign deal for 80 Rafale fighter jets

" unless the Emiratis agreed to terminate a 5G contract with Chinese technology firm Huawei. On the record, officials from both the UAE and the US have avoided confirming that situation. " @beijingwalker @Beast on F35 deal.

There are many secret deals in the contract of 80 fighters at once.. one of them is certainly the French nEUROn .. It was a UAE condition in the 2018 negotiations..

DA00015270_S.jpg

A MICA is in the 1 million€ range. A Meteor in the 2 million € range.
2 billions => 2000 MICA for exemple.

Remember the Taiwanese M2000-5 deal : 960 MICA + 480 MAGIC 2 for 60 birds. It's not sci fi the UAE deal.

And there are also some SCALP in the 2 billions.
UAE deal :

320 Metor
320 Scalp
640 Mica
176 AASM1000kg

It appears that the UAE is counting on the integration of local armament too..

There are many secret deals in the contract of 80 fighters at once.. one of them is certainly the French nEUROn .. It was a UAE condition in the 2018 negotiations..

DA00015270_S.jpg

It is interesting that they wanted nEUROn and that thing is huge for a drone

DA00015270_S.jpg
First time I read that. Have you some source ?
UAE deal :

320 Metor
320 Scalp
640 Mica
176 AASM1000kg

It appears that the UAE is counting on the integration of local armament too..
Once again, have you some source?
First time Meteor was mentioned (but it's all but a surprise).

First time I read that. Have you some source ?

Once again, have you some source?
First time Meteor was mentioned (but it's all but a surprise).
Does Dassault and the French government care about end user modifying the Rafale to use non-French weaponry?

It's to probably replace the Mirage 2000-9s. While excellent fighters, it seems maintaining them is increasingly costly. Unlike the F-16, for example, Dassault shut down M2K production over a decade ago and its end-users are now cannibalizing older airframes. If anything, I'm more worried about where these older M2K-9s could go. I hope the UAEAF flies them into the ground to the point they can't even be used for spares. @SQ8
Was it not agreed that the French will buy back th3 M2K9s from the UAEAF? I do remember reading this somewhere.
A

I think this is Good decision to buy 80 rafale jets. This will enhance air force capability. This is very potent fighter.

Wouldn't be too sure. They will have their own missiles and anti air when collaborating with European countries along with Israel.

What is weird with that guy is he thinks missiles can do significiant damage or stop his demise without nuclear warhead a missile can only damage a car or a building that is about
gentle-boops-i-boop-you.gif

What is weird with that guy is he thinks missiles can do significiant damage or stop his demise without nuclear warhead a missile can only damage a car or a building that is about

Missiles can do alot of damage for sure. If you have enough platforms and missiles to launch it. Theres always a counter of course. Electronic warfare, anti air missiles, targets being dispersed, hiding in mountains or camouflaged, etc.

Missiles can do alot of damage for sure. If you have enough platforms and missiles to launch it. Theres always a counter of course. Electronic warfare, anti air missiles, targets being dispersed, hiding in mountains or camouflaged, etc.

I mean the magnitude of it.. It really is not great and yeah sure it could damage some infras but not much again and it depends on the volume

I mean the magnitude of it.. It really is not great and yeah sure it could damage some infras but not much again and it depends on the volume

True, Need a very large volume. As you see how much damage 6 missiles did in size compared to the base itself. And also not all missiles are long range. Even China with Guam missile killers is less than a hundred. Most of the rest are short to medium range. Obviously they are building more, but as you see it takes time.
Overview%20Iran%20missiles%20hit-1578536559.PNG

" unless the Emiratis agreed to terminate a 5G contract with Chinese technology firm Huawei. On the record, officials from both the UAE and the US have avoided confirming that situation. " @beijingwalker @Beast on F35 deal.
The Emirates will get the fighter according to what is stipulated in the contract, .. The Emirates and the US signed a contract to sell American F-35 fighters in which all the details of the requirements, price, delivery period, etc., and the Emirates agreed to this contract as well as America, which means there are no problems..
The date of the delivery according to the contract is 2027.. Biden and his administration won't be there anymore.. they are playing it as a political card mostly for internal consumption.. but in fact it is signed and dusted..

Wouldn't be too sure. They will have their own missiles and anti air when collaborating with European countries along with Israel.
The problem is we can sustain missile hit . Can they . It would be the end for them as commercial hub in middle east. Also the number of missiles is something to consider .
That's an artillery rockets not a missile and by that I mean a small artillery rockets.
If you think 700kg of military grade explosive coming towards you at 3 - 5 time the spread of sound can only damage a car or a house I really have nothing more to say

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom