What's new

U.S. Will Not Let Iran Buy Arms When U.N. Embargo Ends: Pompeo

still you can achieve that with a light fighter like J-10c . after all remember our plan was to replace f-4 with f-16 not f-15.
those two planes are maneuverable and have very good turn rate (all of them can sustain +9g without even using trust vectoring) by the way BAR may have 400km of range but its not that advanced for air to ground mission but APG-68(V)9 version of Israel and turkey airforce not only have 300km of range but also provide SAR capabilities.
For other countries that used such airplane you can look at Saab JAS 39 Gripen,Or FA-18, Dassault Rafale or Eurofighter Typhoon all considerably smaller as Su-30
bro it is true that f-4s were supposed to replaced by f-16 but that does not mean su-30 is a bad replacement. however it will have a higher service cost as it's a twin engine plane. on the other hand it's contributions on our air force will be greater than any f-16.
su-30 also has SAR capability and APG-68 range is ~90 km for a target like mig-29. those numbers possibly are against giant air tankers, bombers or AWACs.

Actually F-14 is very maneuverable, instantaneous turn rate better than F-15. The plane's raw performance is competitive even in today's world, just the avionics is outdated. However avionics is the most important factor now, even 4.5 gen enjoy extremely one-sided advantage against 4 gen planes, not to mention 5th gens.

Though Iran has upgraded their F-14 fleet, I think they should send out their F-14 with their best pilot to join mock battle against 4.5 gen in friendly nation and see how they fair. If they do ok then there is no need for urgent procurement, if not then they may need to consider buying some 4.5 gen off the shelf real quick.
most people think i'm saying f-14 is a better jet than f-16 and f-15 because i'm an Iranian. but the truth is the best 4th generation ever west made is F-14, especially the D version. it's turn rate is better than the other two, it's radar range was/is (depending on the version) better, it's maximum angle of attack is around 70 degrees (if you search for it's flight tests in the early 70s in US you will see it almost performs cobra maneuver). while f-16 can achieve 29 degrees and f-15 is able to do it up to 15 degrees. it's minimum stall speed is 120 km/h while for f-15 the number is 250 km/h. it's combat range is almost twice bigger than f/a-18.
however our A version is a little under powered.

Actually F-14 is very maneuverable, instantaneous turn rate better than F-15. The plane's raw performance is competitive even in today's world, just the avionics is outdated. However avionics is the most important factor now, even 4.5 gen enjoy extremely one-sided advantage against 4 gen planes, not to mention 5th gens.

Though Iran has upgraded their F-14 fleet, I think they should send out their F-14 with their best pilot to join mock battle against 4.5 gen in friendly nation and see how they fair. If they do ok then there is no need for urgent procurement, if not then they may need to consider buying some 4.5 gen off the shelf real quick.
AND they knows the weakness of F14 and you have few F14 (60) if the war begins you're not survive much longer its wise to strengthen your Air Force with latest Russian or Chinese 4.5th gen jet to survive the war

most people think i'm saying f-14 is a better jet than f-16 and f-15 because i'm an Iranian. but the truth is the best 4th generation ever west made is F-14, especially the D version. it's turn rate is better than the other two, it's radar range was/is (depending on the version) better, it's maximum angle of attack is around 70 degrees (if you search for it's flight tests in the early 70s in US you will see it almost performs cobra maneuver). while f-16 can achieve 29 degrees and f-15 is able to do it up to 15 degrees. it's minimum stall speed is 120 km/h while for f-15 the number is 250 km/h. it's combat range is almost twice bigger than f/a-18.
however our A version is a little u
They (USA/West) knows F14 weaknesses

flanker or j-10 are not an upgrade for f-14
You’ll be spending a lot more on domestic rebuilding (like Syria) if Iran can’t protect itself
If Iran actually couldnt protect itself, US would have already attacked by now so what you are implying is false. Iran ALREADY has effective national defense. lack of NATO/US attacks for over 40 years proves that the truth and reality.

bro it is true that f-4s were supposed to replaced by f-16 but that does not mean su-30 is a bad replacement. however it will have a higher service cost as it's a twin engine plane. on the other hand it's contributions on our air force will be greater than any f-16.
su-30 also has SAR capability and APG-68 range is ~90 km for a target like mig-29. those numbers possibly are against giant air tankers, bombers or AWACs.

however our A version is a little under powered.

I don't disagree with you, F-14 is one of my favorite plane too (though you might've exaggerated her max AoA a bit, 70 degree can only be an accident, the pilot must've pissed himselves....). In a dogfight F-14 can still win against today's 4.5 gen, it's just that avionics massively dominated BVR fights, and one must survive the BVR fight to get into WVR.... so it's flight performance is not that important compared to what radar or ECM it carries, the missile's performance is even more important.

AND they knows the weakness of F14 and you have few F14 (60) if the war begins you're not survive much longer its wise to strengthen your Air Force with latest Russian or Chinese 4.5th gen jet to survive the war

They (USA/West) knows F14 weaknesses

True. (pls note I'm not Iranian, I'm Chinese...)

Are you unable to understand what I'm asking you? You made a claim so why can't you tell me what did China import from the EU? Is it that hard?
Nothing! Cuz EU bans weapons export to CHina since late 90s.

so it's flight performance is not that important compared to what radar or ECM it carries, the missile's performance is even more important.
So you have better electronic/semi conductor and weapon industries than west??

So you have better electronic/semi conductor and weapon industries than west??

Dude why you keep assuming I'm Iranian.... No I don't think Iran has better electronics industry than the west, or China and Russia for that matter. Therefore I suggest them to pitch their best against 4.5 gen from friendly nation and use the result to guide their procurement.

Add to my point, I think they need AWACS even more urgently then new fighters. It's no use to have 4.5 gen fighters when you lack situation awareness to support them.

If Iran actually couldnt protect itself, US would have already attacked by now so what you are implying is false. Iran ALREADY has effective national defense. lack of NATO/US attacks for over 40 years proves that the truth and reality.
You have to update your defences too

Dude why you keep assuming I'm Iranian.... No I don't think Iran has better electronics industry than the west, or China and Russia for that matter. Therefore I suggest them to pitch their best against 4.5 gen from friendly nation and use the result to guide their procurement.

Add to my point, I think they need AWACS even more urgently then new fighters. It's no use to have 4.5 gen fighters when you lack situation awareness to support them.
First they will get fighter jets to replace hundreds of old junks then thinks AWACS

Been saying this forever, US would not allow Iran to buy arms.

Iran is under massive containment, it is already difficult to contain Iran by destroying Syria, sanctioning Iran to death, and doing various behind the scenes actions to weaken the country.

Yet even with all this Iran is still a problem, so imagine an Iran that is allowed to build a modern war machine consisting of hundreds of modern fighter jets, but more importantly access to newer technology/parts/raw materials to feed its own Research and develop for new domestic projects.

I mean of course the West won’t allow it. It’s like letting your enemy power up while you sit and watch.

You have to update your defences too
True, but i believe Iran did, especially with recent entrants such as 3rd Khordad, Bavar-373, Tabas.

Been saying this forever, US would not allow Iran to buy arms.

Iran is under massive containment, it is already difficult to contain Iran by destroying Syria, sanctioning Iran to death, and doing various behind the scenes actions to weaken the country.

Yet even with all this Iran is still a problem, so imagine an Iran that is allowed to build a modern war machine consisting of hundreds of modern fighter jets, but more importantly access to newer technology/parts/raw materials to feed its own Research and develop for new domestic projects.

I mean of course the West won’t allow it. It’s like letting your enemy power up while you sit and watch.
i agree with 99% of this post, its a good one.

But talking about weapons transfers, tbh, i also strongly believe that CHina and Russia have secret "threshold" conditions for transferring weapons to Iran. They already violated the UN arms embargo on North Korea...if they are pushed back or far enoughh, they will break the sanction and supply to Iran....but like i said, that will only happen when certain thresholds or boundaries are crossed. What will US do again them really? at most 1 or 2 cosmetic sanctions and its back to UNSC work..

First they will get fighter jets to replace hundreds of old junks then thinks AWACS

A crazy idea: What if Iran buy off the shelf radar/ECM/avionics/engines/missiles from China or Russia to upgrade their fleet? A F-14 equipped with AESA and latest avionics, armed with pl-15, how cool is that? Though I'm not sure how long they can keep their F-14 flying...

A crazy idea: What if Iran buy off the shelf radar/ECM/avionics/engines/missiles from China or Russia to upgrade their fleet? A F-14 equipped with AESA and latest avionics, armed with pl-15, how cool is that? Though I'm not sure how long they can keep their F-14 flying...
Expensive venture and west/USA won't allow Russia and China to sell arms related stuff to Iran and also F14 fuselage hours are getting low

Back
Top Bottom