What's new

U.S. to give Pakistan 12 Shadow Drones

Yes, we should get the shadow and evaluate it in the battlefield before passing out judgements. The equipment India buys is just used to peace times. The equipment Pakistan Armed Forces get are used and trained in combat. The first Afghan War to defeat the Soviets was a major contribution by Pakistan and the PAF dog fights with Soviet Pilots. Pakistan Armed Forces were in Operation Desert Shield, in Somalia and now in the second Afghan War, Kargil War, etc.. We can test any piece of equipment in combat anytime, not like India, buy it, display it and store it.

which way would you rather have. Getting a tested piece of equipment or getting a piece of equipment that you have to test. ?

Also you can feel proud of pakistani army fighting so many battles. But I would rather have Indian army not having to fight at all. If all the money we are spending on military hardware doesnt get used even once, I will consider it a better situation than having to use it ..

Pakistan want F16 (US ignore)
Pakistan want APACHES or COBRA (US Ignore)
Pakistan want Drone (US ignore and now interested to sell only Shadow)

India Interested or US offer

C17
MMRCA (F18 and F16)
C130J
Re-fueller
and other State of the Art weapon

"Jang lar ham rahay hain aur hamko lollypop" "jo sewaye batain karnay kay kuch nahe kar raha usko State of the Art weapons"

US to Provide Unarmed Drones to Pakistan
The United States will provide a dozen unarmed aerial spy drones to Pakistan for the first time as part of an effort to encourage Pakistan’s cooperation in fighting militancy on the Afghanistan border, American defense officials said Thursday.The unmanned Shadow drones, which are smaller than armed Predator drones, would be a significant upgrade in the Pakistanis’ reconnaissance and surveillance capability and would supply video to help cue ground or air strikes.

Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates, who is in Pakistan on a two-day visit, made the initial disclosure about the drones, or unmanned aerial vehicles, in an interview Thursday with a Pakistani television reporter.Asked if the United States planned to provide the Pakistani military with drones, something it has long requested, Mr. Gates replied, “There are some tactical U.A.V.s that we are considering, yes.”

American defense officials said that the drones would be for use in Pakistan’s tribal areas and would be restricted to defensive rather than offensive operations. One major concern for the American military is the possibility that Pakistan could use the drones against India, its archrival in the region.The latest version of the Shadow is used by the United States Army and the Marines in Iraq and Afghanistan. It has a wing span of 14 feet, is about 12 feet long, is launched from a trailer by ground units and can fly about 70 miles.

Mr. Gates, who is on his first trip to Pakistan in three years, met Thursday with the Pakistani Army chief, Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, as well as with, Lt. Gen. Ahmad Shuja Pasha, the director of the country’s spy agency, Inter-Services Intelligence. He attended a dinner in his honor given by the Pakistani president, Asif Ali Zardari, and is to deliver a speech on American policy on Friday before a military audience.

American officials said that Mr. Gates urged the Pakistanis in the meetings to do more against the militants, a constant American theme that the defense secretary also sounded in an opinion article published on Thursday in the News, Pakistan’s largest English-language daily newspaper.In the same article, and in his public comments in Pakistan, Mr. Gates lavishly praised the Pakistani Army for its efforts so far against the militants in the Swat Valley and South Waziristan, and noted that the Army had suffered nearly 2,000 casualties in the last three years.

He also sought to reassure Pakistani citizens that Americans had a long-term interest in their country, not just in a short-term strategic gain across the border in Afghanistan.Mr. Gates said in the article that he regretted past injustices in the American-Pakistan relationship that he himself has been part of since the late 1980s, when he was No. 2 at the C.I.A. At that time, he helped funnel covert Reagan administration aid and weapons through Pakistan’s spy agency to the Islamic fundamentalists who ousted the Russians from Afghanistan. Some of those fundamentalists are now part of the Taliban and fighting against the United States.

Mr. Gates said that the United States largely abandoned Afghanistan and cut military ties with Pakistan once the Russians left Kabul, which he called “a grave mistake driven by some well-intentioned but short-sighted U.S. legislative and policy decisions.”He also repeated an assessment that the militant groups on Pakistan’s border were an inter-connected syndicate, a view that General Abbas rejected as not as “black and white” as Mr. Gates described.

ASIAN DEFENCE: US to Provide Unarmed Drones to Pakistan

i think when Pakistan army refused to start any new operation for at least one more year, then suddenly USA has thrown this offer of drones.
I don't know how it would make any difference. in overcome the problem of violations of Pakistan sovereignty. Even if we accept this offer, still USA drone predators will to bomb inside Pakistan, and more hate will continue towards USA so these drones wont help for the problems which we are facing.
Pakistan Government main point was that , give us drone predators so we can strike the terrorist our self.

Pakistan want F16 (US ignore)
Pakistan want APACHES or COBRA (US Ignore)
Pakistan want Drone (US ignore and now interested to sell only Shadow)

India Interested or US offer

C17
MMRCA (F18 and F16)
C130J
Re-fueller
and other State of the Art weapon

"Jang lar ham rahay hain aur hamko lollypop" "jo sewaye batain karnay kay kuch nahe kar raha usko State of the Art weapons"

Terrorist logo ke sath larne ke liye State of the Art weapons jarurat nehi hai. Bandook hi kaphi hai. :triniti::triniti:

The UCAV India is getting from the US is names MQ-15 "Khayali-Pulao", very deadly indeed.

Now let's get back to discussing a possible real deal. I would love to see a side-by-side comparison of our Falco and the offered Shadow. And people, let's not speak ill of a piece of engineering we know nothing about.

Buddy what you mean by 'khayali pulao' india dreaming? We get what we want. Infact we get alot options to choose on. All i was trying to say was pakistan has to move forward. Shadow uav is not usefull specially against taliban. When it sees taliban what shadow drone will do? Drop bombs on them? It will inform F-16 but by the time F-16 comes to bomb then do you expect talibanis would be sitting and eating pizza? When shadow arives then talibani will get alerted and will scatter and dissapear by the time F-16 comes. So shadow no use. It will be useful against india as indian army wont scatter. Shadow can't harm taliban buddy. It will b useful for them.

Pakistan Uqab uav drone vs USA shadow drone

Shadow Drone

General characteristics

* Length: 11.2 ft in (3.41 m)
* Wingspan: 14 ft in (3.87 m)
* Height: 3.3 ft in (1 m)
* Empty weight: 186 lb (77 kg)
* Gross weight: 375 lb (170 kg)
* Powerplant: × 1 Wankel UAV Engine 741 used only with Silkolene Synthetic Oil, 38 hp (28.5 kW) each

Performance

* Range: 68 miles (109.5 km)
* Endurance: 6 hours
* Service ceiling: 15,000 ft (ELOS (Electronic Line Of Sight) m)

Uqab Pakistan drone

Uqab UAV that performs a wide range of remote sensing tasks. Range is 500km, max speed 180km/h, endurance 5-6hrs, and it has a 100km operational radius. It carries a 20kg payload and includes a real-time video transmission system. It has a 14.4ft (4.4m) wing span, 130kg (285lb) maximum take-off weight, zero length take-off using a rocket booster and is recovered by parachute.

5344b28b4edecd20366a8e1cc3e39caa.jpg

fd03242bac04946b7891d2ee9556cd81.jpg

@ all guys i think its not good news for pakistan. The headline in all news channel is pakistan getting non-armed drones. i dont know why but i feel like its america's game plan to sell india armed drones. Some news channel showing news india looking for option of latest armed drones. It seems america yet again back stabbing pakistan?

yes you are right:pakistan:.but janab wo just pics ly sktay hain i think,cannot do attacks according to my info.

@ all guys i think its not good news for pakistan. The headline in all news channel is pakistan getting non-armed drones. i dont know why but i feel like its america's game plan to sell india armed drones. Some news channel showing news india looking for option of latest armed drones. It seems america yet again back stabbing pakistan?

kind of like how some people back-stab Iranians and the "mamma-Russia" :woot:

kind of like how some people back-stab Iranians and the "mamma-Russia" :woot:

Buddy its iran back stabbed india by helping pakistan against india in war. Google it. We never back stabbed russians. They our again number 1 arms exporter now. Russia and india is one country and will be one. Bit of argue does goes on. Miya biwi kya kabhi jhagad tey nahi hai kya? Lol. Its normal. Am looking forward indo-russian jv like FGFA, new tank, moon mission, transeport aircraft etc etc. Its pakistan who back stabbed iran. If you know what i mean. Recent explotion in iran was blamed on pakistan. Anyway buddy back to topic that is shadow drone.

yes yes, enjoy your out-dated carrier (when it DOES arrive and the cost-overruns come to an end). How did you know I was talking about hindoostan? I said "some people"

guilty conscience?

As for shadow drone, if above post by mshoaib saab is accurate --then I dont see much advantage over the locally made drone Uqab. Sensors and image feed and other aspects may be superior, but I really don't see the advantage.

Once again, I'm not berating this development. I am just denying that this is any major breakthrough.

Falco UAVs being co-produced in Pakistan have 16,400 feet ceiling height and 14 hours endurance time. Shadow UAVs ceiling height is 15,000 feet and 6 hours endurance time.

Terrorist logo ke sath larne ke liye State of the Art weapons jarurat nehi hai. Bandook hi kaphi hai. :triniti::triniti:
Acha tu phir USA Afghanistan aur Iraq mein state of the art weapons kiyon use kar raha hain bondu.

Back
Top Bottom