What's new

U.S. to give Pakistan 12 Shadow Drones

Oye....shut down this thread until the ODI is over

Shahid Afridi is batting now, knuckle heads!!!! Forget this Shadows business for next few hours :D

Oye....shut down this thread until the ODI is over

Shahid Afridi is batting now, knuckle heads!!!! Forget this Shadows business for next few hours :D

OUT! Afridi Drone shotdown by Watson!

yeah but still he put on quite the "Stage performance"

274 for 9....lets see if we can hit the 300 barrier. I hope ballers are up to task tonight, or else I will empty my 17-round Zigana clip on my television and other electronic equipment.

sorry for cricket distraction. I'm all fired up now. Drank "Redbull"

:bounce:

Last edited:
Hmm not what Pakistan asked for maybe USA trying to some how get Pakistan ARMY involved in North Waziristan ?

Listning what USA defence minsiter saying in India and what he saying in Pakistan are TOTALY different things. Double game by USA ?

it's the art of having many hats to wear.....they are masters at it.

It's pretty stupid of them to offer something we already have (actually, what we have is superior)

it is equally stupid of us if/when we accept them. It costs money time and resources to train personnel on how to use them effectively.

It's too bad we don't have a Gen. Zia around to shout "PEANUTS!!"

:lol:

:pakistan:

Shadoooooooooooow what ...

YUK ... KEEP it don't want it

I think "Bud-hazmi" hogai .....need to go to toilet to get rid of the shadow drone

12 for free not a bad deal, even unarmed. Enough to study US technology.

3d0d5c847acc64a042768d6b97a0ff08.jpg

God is this a Remote control toy ????

This won't even scare a bird let alone terrorist

I'd piss myself laughing if I saw it flying above me.

I noticed it has a Wankel/rotary engine.

They sound like vacuum cleaners on steroids

The problem lies with the fact that there is a trust deficit between Pakistan and USA.

USA will not trust Pakistan with any technology which could fall into the hands of the Chinese.

We need to make it clear to the Americans that they are welcome to monitor the equipment that the sell us and our support on GWOT is contingent upon Pakistan getting advanced weaponry.

I think Zardari and Kayani need to visit US and go on American News Talk Shows like Meet the Press, O'Reilly Factor and articulate these facts.

That should convince american lawmakers to give us this equipment.

Whats the hype about ? they're unarmed drones ? we already got falcos... This is what i dont understand how can our govt. fall head over heels for this BS. Shadow is a flying piece of plastic nothing more. If you got the predator then it makes sense to have a 8 page thread but seriously couldn't the pakistani government fall for a better exploit ?

People are only judging this UAV by the looks only... for god sake some people are even comparing this to low tech uqaab and acting no different from Indian fanboys. Suppose its like we should not reject 12 free AH-1Z because we already have T-129 in our fleet.
These UAV can also be utilized in eastern front and just watch this video..... WATCH AND LEARN!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done my research mate, let me know if PA needs help flying these. I used to be an ace with the paper planes back in elementary.

And its not about what "indian fanboys" say, they can say whatever they want its our a$$es on the line that we gotta defend

Pakistan needs to work hard to come up with something of a tactical and armed UAV. History repeats its self as much as we needed F-16s and us embargo lead to the developent of JF-17s i suspect there might be a project in pipeline or atleast a serious consideration to develop Pakistan's indigenous armed UAV.

We need a UAV with somewhat specifications like or better:
General characteristics
* Length: 41 ft
* Wingspan: 60 ft
* Height: 14.50 ft
* Empty weight: apprx 6,500 lb
* Powerplant: 1× Garrett TFE731-2A-2A turbofan, 16.01 kN (3,600 lb)

Exactly if some of you are thinking of the engine used in K-8 Jet trainer i believe with some hard work Pakistan and China can cope with and resolves some problems and come up with a armed UAV with no longer begging for UAVs from us..
seems difficult but not impossible JF-17 looked impossible for many at one stage but things changed....That is purely my Idea might seem stupid to many but i do believe in aviation miracles...instead of a pricey Predator and global hawk and what not that we will never get we can have something potent in around $5/7 million..we don't need 150 we need enough to watch east and west. I'm wild with Ideas infact i've drawn a few designs that'll only rest on my desk while i grow old lol.

People are only judging this UAV by the looks only... for god sake some people are even comparing this to low tech uqaab and acting no different from Indian fanboys. Suppose its like we should not reject 12 free AH-1Z because we already have T-129 in our fleet.
These UAV can also be utilized in eastern front and just watch this video..... WATCH AND LEARN!
ljK1wgNOjXg[/media] - UAV's Shadow

Sir. I know we shouldnt 'berate' the deal; but don't you think that given the falcos that are under co-production with selex galileo are superior to these, it's just a waste of time and resources?

Those are superior to these. I think in the end, whatever assets we can use that helps us protect our integrity and security --at reasonable cost yet impressive enough to meet the defence requirement ---we should use them.

I do welcome more presentations on Shadow Drone, and more cross-comparison analyses --especially if TTs/MPs etc. can get involved. What are, if any -- the advantages of inducting these for unmanned recce/surveillance missions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom