What's new

U.S. to give Pakistan 12 Shadow Drones

People are only judging this UAV by the looks only... for god sake some people are even comparing this to low tech uqaab and acting no different from Indian fanboys. Suppose its like we should not reject 12 free AH-1Z because we already have T-129 in our fleet.
These UAV can also be utilized in eastern front and just watch this video..... WATCH AND LEARN!
ljK1wgNOjXg[/media] - UAV's Shadow
Dude get rid of this mentality.If we want to use something on Eastern Front we can buy it.Matter of fact is you might be happy now but when US will be making huge demands just because they gave few UAV's you wont be happy.They'll say we gave uavs worth millions to pakistan and its not doing enough etc..Why our elites cant get rid of begging mentality.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are already using drones on our eastern front.

All we need is better drones, capable to fly for much more time, capable to designate targets with lasers, and most important of all, armed drones.

For COIN, armed drones are very very important, as they can keep an eye on an area of interest and attack in real time when a target of opportunity is identified. Militants move in groups or in vehicles, with such armed UAVs, the militants would be restricted in their movement and moral will go down as more and more casualties they take.

These Shadow drones are of no use for us.

I think Growler's comments here are salient. Those whom understand your Pakistani UAV capabilities are in position to judge the merits of this craft but what struck me was being able to down-link to TICs (troops in contact).

Mentioned in the initial press release early in the thread is the training followup that's necessary. Why, I'm unsure but my guess is that there are capabilities here that require some levels of training to fully exploit this system's advantages.

24/7 all-weather acquisition is critical to ground forces. My first awareness of these systems came at an exercise in Twenty-nine Palms, Calif. in 1988 where we had a very early version deployed. We located a Marine M109A3 artillery battalion refueling at night...in real time and with the ground coordinates displayed.

Oh, and in range of our artillery. Ten minutes later that battalion had been neutralized for the purposes of the exercise. 18 guns, their ammo carriers and their C3I gone.

1988. Things have unquestionably improved since.

Maybe you already have all that in your present vehicle and the dismissals seen here by everybody are perfectly accurate. Fine, don't accept it. My suspicion is, however, that if your armed forces take on this asset it will be because it offers them something needed to fill a gap that few of you are apprised about.

Thanks.:usflag:

"...we need armed only"

I wouldn't consider you personally qualified to make that judgement.

Thanks.:usflag:

IMO Falco's belongs to the AF and PA needs its not fleet of drones to assist ground troops in quick time if we are getting Shadow 600 than its good for us.:D

RQ-7 Shadow-600

Length 16 ft,
Wing Area 40 square foot,
Wingspan 22 ft
Weights: Max Weight 585 lb (265 kg), Payload 91 lb (41.3 kg)
Performance: Ceiling 16,000 ft (4,877 m),
Cruise Speed 80 kt (148 kph),
Endurance 14 hours,
Loiter Speed 65 kt (120 kph),
Max Range 200 km (108 nm),
Top Speed 108 kt (200 kph)

what is most important with these deals, and is mostly neglected by members is that we are getting good insight into westren systems for our own UCAV. we already have discussed that pakistan is able to develop a UAV large enough a weapon payload, a laser guided missile is also said to be developed by NESCOOM to be used with UCAVz. one big hurdel is an engine capable enough to support such heavier platform and here the knowledge of Shadow and Falco may well play its part.
i hope we are moving in right direction atleast in this felid!!

regards!

Sir. I know we shouldnt 'berate' the deal; but don't you think that given the falcos that are under co-production with selex galileo are superior to these, it's just a waste of time and resources?
Sir G... These UAVs are free of costs... i am also sure the training, spares etc are also going to be free.
So why risk galileo that we paid for when we can get the job done for free?

Sir G... These UAVs are free of costs... i am also sure the training, spares etc are also going to be free.
So why risk galileo that we paid for when we can get the job done for free?

You've to understand that the UAVs will have strings attached to them. That means expanding the WoT to other parts of Pakistan and also adhering to other US demands. Please try to take this into account.

You've to understand that the UAVs will have strings attached to them. That means expanding the WoT to other parts of Pakistan and also adhering to other US demands. Please try to take this into account.

Nothing but a conspiracy theory. What the hell is this suppose to mean that 12 UAVs will change the course of WOT and COAS will sit quite? Are you in your senses?
I totally agree that US must stop supporting groups in pakistan as well as the drone strikes which only has 1% success rate. But now the war is ours and we should absorb as much free equipments as possible.
If any strings were attached to anything then F-16s will be the main once.. and our Air force seems to be very happy with the F-16 deal because it has no freaking strings attached.

Nothing but a conspiracy theory. What the hell is this suppose to mean that 12 UAVs will change the course of WOT and COAS will sit quite? Are you in your senses?
I totally agree that US must stop supporting groups in pakistan as well as the drone strikes which only has 1% success rate. But now the war is ours and we should absorb as much free equipments as possible.
If any strings were attached to anything then F-16s will be the main once.. and our Air force seems to be very happy with the F-16 deal because it has no freaking strings attached.

It's not a conspiracy theory. The UAVs are being delivered because the US wants something in return from Pakistan. That something means expanding the WoT in other areas of Pakistan which is on the wish-list of the US. Were you hiding under a stone when the Americans were pressuring Pakistan to expand their war to Baluchistan Quetta? The UAVs aren't being delivered because the US loves Pakistan so much.

Secondly, like I've already explained that it isn't free lunch. The UAVs will come with many strings attached. The US will demand Pakistan to do more. The US will have another reason to bash Pakistan when they feel like. Remember the 10 billion dollar mantra? Even though this was really a reimbursement sum the Americans wasted no opportunity in blackmailing Pakistan with the 10 billion dollar mantra.

LOL You're either living in a cave or don't know what you're talking about. The F-16s have so many strings attached to them that the PAF isn't even allowed to use them freely. Get your facts straight buddy. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Read on:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/43112-paf-get-eight-new-f-16-a.html#post606193

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/43112-paf-get-eight-new-f-16-a.html#post606208

Our air force cut the number of F-16s for a reason. Despite the restrictions the handful of advanced F-16 Block 52 will serve as a learning platform which will benefit JF-17. 18 F-16s suffice such a goal.

Stop being dillusional! We already have better UAVs in our inventory and don't need another one. PA requires UCAVs which can stay airborne for days if not weeks. UCAVs that can strike with missiles when the target is acquired. UCAVs that can serve both purposes of intelligence gathering and eliminating legitimate targets. UCAVs with longer range, higher altitude and better endurance. Also, I've already suggested other ways of acquiring UCAVs instead of accepting mediocre UAVs from the US which will serve only one purpose. Namely, blackmail and harassment. Read my previous posts before making silly statements like the COAS should sit idle. I've long before suggested ways of acquiring this much needed capability through China or/and by supporting our home-grown UAV industry! Don't put words in my mouth or accuse me of something I've never claimed.

Last edited:
Growler, brother i understand your point but history reminds us that nothing comes for free from US especially in our case. They might be free of charge but they will cost us dearly in the longer run as the yanks will malign us even more that now they have given us so called "DRONE" tech so we have to do even more. Other global powers will follow their suit as they always do and we will be under even more pressure. One can only hope may this offer be rejected by our leaders as General Zia did by denying unwanted equipment by stating them "Peanuts". One can only wish!

These events have been occurring for eight years and if even now we are convenient to live in a fantasy world than no one will help us. Is this a conspiracy theory? On the contrary, this is a fact and what is being conducted behind doors is the conspiracy theory. We are not provided what we actually need. Were yanks so innocent that they thought we need their trash drones that even their own military use reluctantly? NO, it is time to take a decisive step and some one will have to stand for it or we will be fooled around again and again.

These events have been occurring for eight years and if even now we are convenient to live in a fantasy world than no one will help us. Is this a conspiracy theory? On the contrary, this is a fact and what is being conducted behind doors is the conspiracy theory. We are not provided what we actually need. Were yanks so innocent that they thought we need their trash drones that even their own military use reluctantly? NO, it is time to take a decisive step and some one will have to stand for it or we will be fooled around again and again.

The solutions are there. Have we done our homework and made any efforts in acquiring an armed drone platform which we require so badly? It's plain and simple. If the US is really sincere than it should provide PA with armed drones that can really make a difference in the war. If not, at least don't ridicule Pakistan by offering such useless toys when on the other hand you're offering cream to India.

Back
Top Bottom