What's new

U.S. to give Pakistan 12 Shadow Drones

I think we should ask for the MQ-1 Predator.

There is no way in hell USA is going to give us the MQ-9 Reaper but they have sold the MQ-1 to a number of countries.

Our Aid Package should be:

24 MQ-1 Predators
48 Super Cobra Gunships
24 Apache Gunships
1,000 Stryker IFV
500 Bradley Fighting Vehicles

I think we should ask for the MQ-1 Predator.

There is no way in hell USA is going to give us the MQ-9 Reaper but they have sold the MQ-1 to a number of countries.

Our Aid Package should be:

24 MQ-1 Predators
48 Super Cobra Gunships
24 Apache Gunships
1,000 Stryker IFV
500 Bradley Fighting Vehicles

:azn:and they are going to give this??

12 for free not a bad deal, even unarmed. Enough to study US technology.

3d0d5c847acc64a042768d6b97a0ff08.jpg

12 for free not a bad deal, even unarmed. Enough to study US technology.

3d0d5c847acc64a042768d6b97a0ff08.jpg

Even if these are delivered free of charge, the Americans will expect the PA to resume and extend the WoT in other parts of Pakistan. 12 low end UAVs in exchange for adhering to US demands and blackmail being a good deal? Not worth it in my opinion.

This time Pakistan must refuse to take delivery of these useless systems. Falcos are way better and more capable systems than this piece of garbage. Even our own Oqaab is better than Shadow. The same old carrot and stick approach for Pakistan and real deals with India. I am sick and tired of this Yank behavior!

I will not read tomorrow's news papers as our VERY CAPABLE government officials will be barking all over the place for this REMARKABLE ACHIEVEMENT !!

We should say no ?

Hi,

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Secondly, the u s is giving us something---we can always learn something from the tech. Live, listen and learn---get these---use them and keep harping for more.

Hi,

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Secondly, the u s is giving us something---we can always learn something from the tech. Live, listen and learn---get these---use them and keep harping for more.
They will be significantly more expensive than the Falco, which we can make in-house and even develop further. I just don't see how we can justify paying extra to acquire something with strings attached when we already have something similar at home.

There are bound to be some advantages the Shadow has over the Falco, but I don't think it's worth the cost. I think it would be a good idea to refuse the "second-best" option. Back in the 70s the US offered the A-10 Warthog, but we refused it as an insult because that was not what we needed. Eventually, we got the potent F-16s we wanted all along, and they've served as well since then.

We're asking for apples, they're giving us oranges. This won't stop the drone attacks from CIA UCAVs, so what's the point? I think it would be a good idea to refuse the "consolation prize" and really make our intentions clear. Of course, I will do more research about the Shadow before making up my mind.

Last edited:
some of us look so happy and i just wonder y? gettin something which we already have. this will cost us more 'do more'

One always learn form a better technology, not an inferior one. Common sense states that when you have a better piece of equipment with transfer of technology arrangement than what is the point in going for an inferior system? And that too from Yanks? Where are those Cobras that were promised? Not to mention P3s, all 8 were supposed to be here within 2.5 years and its like over three years now and we received only two.
They are only buying time for their purpose and nothing more. We have better options in our arsenal. Carrot and Stick!

if USA keep on maintaining that kind of strong relations by giving junk to pakistan and asks for do more.
i'd better like to kik their but onece rather then being kiked several times on demanding somthing worthy:hitwall:

One always learn form a better technology, not an inferior one. Common sense states that when you have a better piece of equipment with transfer of technology arrangement than what is the point in going for an inferior system? And that too from Yanks? Where are those Cobras that were promised? Not to mention P3s, all 8 were supposed to be here within 2.5 years and its like over three years now and we received only two.
They are only buying time for their purpose and nothing more. We have better options in our arsenal. Carrot and Stick!

and they ship every desired thing to israel even before they sign the deal papers.:lol:

Hmm not what Pakistan asked for maybe USA trying to some how get Pakistan ARMY involved in North Waziristan ?

Listning what USA defence minsiter saying in India and what he saying in Pakistan are TOTALY different things. Double game by USA ?

Back
Top Bottom