What's new

U.S. stockpiles powerful bunker-buster bombs in case Iran nuclear talks fail

What if Iran stock piles number of nuclear weapons for US & Israel if taks fail
well that will be a terrorism act right !

You don't necessarily have to fight them with guns to get them out. You have to protest against it on International platforms.

LOL , protest against US on International Platforms?

great plan

LOL , protest against US on International Platforms?

great plan
hahaha..You may mock me as much as you want to, but that is the way to do it. I don't think they are going to give up their base if you send a gun-boat.

hahaha..You may mock me as much as you want to, but that is the way to do it. I don't think they are going to give up their base if you send a gun-boat.

you do realize US has direct influence over these "international platforms" , and the fact that they actually break no treaties or laws by keeping a base there or thousands more around the world.

you do realize US has direct influence over these "international platforms" , and the fact that they actually break no treaties or laws by keeping a base there or thousands more around the world.
Yes I understand that. I hope you realize this as well that without raising a voice there can be hundreds more. It's the power of people and their opinion that matters at the end of the day, not the number of guns you have.

yep it failed in tests is why it passed all the requirements some time ago and accepted into service right?
And again sent back to be fixed and still no test after the fixing phase .

And again sent back to be fixed and still no test after the fixing phase .

On 7 April 2011, the USAF ordered eight MOPs plus supporting equipment for $28 million.[13]

On 14 November 2011, Bloomberg reported that the Air Force Global Strike Command started receiving the Massive Ordnance Penetrator and that the deliveries "will meet requirements for the current operational need".[14] The Air Force now has received delivery of 16 MOPs as of November 2011.[15] And as of March 2012, there is an "operational stockpile" at Whiteman Air Force Base.[16]

In 2012, the Pentagon requested $82 million to develop greater penetration power for the existing weapon.[1] A 2013 report stated that the development had been a success,[17] and B-2 integration testing began that year.[18]

none of the tests failed , and they weren't sent back to be fixed
it was a separate contract for increased penetration for new MOPs

On 7 April 2011, the USAF ordered eight MOPs plus supporting equipment for $28 million.[13]

On 14 November 2011, Bloomberg reported that the Air Force Global Strike Command started receiving the Massive Ordnance Penetrator and that the deliveries "will meet requirements for the current operational need".[14] The Air Force now has received delivery of 16 MOPs as of November 2011.[15] And as of March 2012, there is an "operational stockpile" at Whiteman Air Force Base.[16]

In 2012, the Pentagon requested $82 million to develop greater penetration power for the existing weapon.[1] A 2013 report stated that the development had been a success,[17] and B-2 integration testing began that year.[18]

none of the tests failed , and they weren't sent back to be fixed
it was a separate contract for increased penetration for new MOPs
That increased penetration was the fixibg part so it be able to penetrate our concrete and what the genius there did was adding an extra engine at the back of the bomb which help the penetration against unarmored targets is not much of help against the armored targets.

By the way the only thing we have is the claim of the designers but no actual test against concrete as strong as what we produce .

USA is just saying i dont think USA will go to war

Well the bomb certainly didnt used in war but it failed in test .
If they want to attack fordoo with it they better drop several dozen of it at the same location with an accuracy about 10cm or so .
That bomb can peneterate normal concrete for 200 feet but against 5000psi armored cconcrete can only penetrate upto 10m and against 10000psi concrete someting about 1-2 m well our vest concrete is more than 50000psi

not needed as it was posted long time ago that two simultaneous blast of Bunker blusters can destroy most hardened bunkers.search Ausairpower for that article.

not needed as it was posted long time ago that two simultaneous blast of Bunker blusters can destroy most hardened bunkers.search Ausairpower for that article.

You obviously did not read his post properly. They tested this bomb against facilities under mountain and hardened with 50,000psi rated concrete? That bomb will be useless against fordo.
And this is assuming they had the balls to make a move against Iran. I'd love to see these savages try and use this weapon.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, it's not the capacity to take down an enrichment center or two that is at the basis of the current negotiations. When you go to war with a country, you go to war with all of it. And that is a much costlier proposition than dropping a couple of bombs in an air raid. That and other weightier issues is what has pushed the Americans to seek an understanding with Iran.

You obviously did not read his post properly. They tested this bomb against facilities under mountain and hardened with 50,000psi rated concrete? That bomb will be useless against fordo.
And this is assuming they had the balls to make a move against Iran. I'd love to see these savages try and use this weapon.

I'm damn lazy to post this thing again and again..

please read this,it describes how to defeat Hardened Underground Bunker(Hate to say,Those Nuclear Reactors placed in hardened bunkers in Iran aren't "Unique")..

Assessing PLA Underground Air Basing Capability

I'm damn lazy to post this thing again and again..

please read this,it describes how to defeat Hardened Underground Bunker(Hate to say,Those Nuclear Reactors placed in hardened bunkers in Iran aren't "Unique")..

Assessing PLA Underground Air Basing Capability

Yes, those bunkers Iran has are "unique" as they're reinforced with concerte which I would like you to show me the American tested on. They tested on some generic bunker perhaps. The Iranian concrete which Fordo is fortified with has a psi value of 50,000! Even if it was 10,000psi, their MOPB would only be able to penetrate a few meters. But it's 50,000!
They have to drop countless of them on same area before even penetrating the 10's of meter of the 50,000psi concrete which fordo is fortified with.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom