What's new

U.S. poverty totals hit a 50-year high

gambit oh gambit, why do you not realize that the top 1% of the US make more money than the bottom half?

Will you ever join the Anglo-Saxon and Jewish ruling class?

No of course not. Still chasing "the American Dream". Its just a dream though, time to wake up in the Wall Street military dictatorship.
Am very middleclass and I bet I live better than you do. Do I need to use keyword searches to show everyone the wealth disparity in China? And where would YOU place in that bigoted country of yours? My house is just under 2800 sq ft including a fully finished basement that contain a theater room. My rides are in a 2.5 car garage. My property lot is 1/4 acre with buried sprinklers. I got a live-in G/F. What do you have in that glorious "Worker's Paradise"? Looks like I got my dream. You?

Am very middleclass and I bet I live better than you do. Do I need to use keyword searches to show everyone the wealth disparity in China? And where would YOU place in that bigoted country of yours? My house is just under 2800 sq ft including a fully finished basement that contain a theater room. My rides are in a 2.5 car garage. My property lot is 1/4 acre with buried sprinklers. I got a live-in G/F. What do you have in that glorious "Worker's Paradise"? Looks like I got my dream. You?

I'm flattered that a 50 year old with decades of work experience would compare himself to a 22 year old student! :lol:

I won't brag about my parents wealth of course, just know that its quite significant and may put yours to shame :lol:

As for the wealth disparities:

How the world's wealth is distributed - the top two percent own half

The concentration of wealth within countries varies significantly but is generally high. The share of the top 10% ranges from around 40% in China to 70% in the United States, and higher still in other countries.

I'm flattered that a 50 year old with decades of work experience would compare himself to a 22 year old student!
The perhaps the student should wise up and shut up instead of talking about stuff beyond his experiences. :lol:

I won't brag about my parents wealth of course, just know that its quite significant and may put yours to shame
Do not care about your parents' wealth. They earned it. Not you. But even if they inherited their wealth, it is still theirs so you have no right to brag about it. News for you, student: Brag about what you accomplish. :lol:

Pointless article. Idea of poverty is very different in industrialized nations. And US is going through a recession second only to great depression.

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

I'm flattered that a 50 year old with decades of work experience would compare himself to a 22 year old student! :lol:

I won't brag about my parents wealth of course, just know that its quite significant and may put yours to shame :lol:

It is all clear now..

By the Census Bureau's latest measure, the poverty threshold last year was an income of $11,139 for one person and $22,314 for a family of four.

Well Different countries have different thresholds of poverty
In India if a person earns 4000 USD a yr , he will be classified as Middle class
But in US a person earning 11000 USD a yr will be classified as Below Povery Line

You cannot compare like this as purchasing power parity has to be considered. With one dollar in India you can purchase a good lunch with drinks while with one dollar or one rupee in US, you cannot purchase anything.

Can we come around for a drink gambit lol

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Its quite simple really something we have known for some time american govt policies are such that they are going to continue making their people poorer. Gambits comparing to china their trend is the reverse so in due course they will cross sometime in the future and there will be more poverty in amreeka than china

Worthless article... And even more worthless comments on it...
PS : I agree with most of what gambit said..
Peace....

Truthfully, I think I'd pretty depressed if that's where I end up when I'm 55.

(also I've never actually heard anyone brag about buried sprinklers before :what:)

Because, the so called developed richest and biggest economy in the world suppose to have very little poverty by now as time goes by.

Who ever said that? and as one poster pointed out. The level considered poverty in the U.S. is considered middle and upper middle class in other countries. In order to be considered middle class in China you need to at least make 60000 yuan (9,385.00 USD) by todays currency quote.

http://www.china.org.cn/china/2010-01/23/content_19293900.htm

Truthfully, I think I'd pretty depressed if that's where I end up when I'm 55.
The majority of Americans are just like me. But of course you are a Chinese and a Canadian so you have no choice but to turn your nose up at us regular Americans.

(also I've never actually heard anyone brag about buried sprinklers before :what:)
What do YOU have?

By the way, am not 55. And if I invested all the money I sent back to VN all these decades since my days in the USAF, I would be retired by now, cruising my bike across the US, living off room service. But I believed in causes greater than myself. How about you? When are you going to leave that white-bread country call 'Canada', our 52nd state, for China where you will stand out even worse...:lol:

The majority of Americans are just like me. But of course you are a Chinese and a Canadian so you have no choice but to turn your nose up at us regular Americans.

What do YOU have?

By the way, am not 55. And if I invested all the money I sent back to VN all these decades since my days in the USAF, I would be retired by now, cruising my bike across the US, living off room service. But I believed in causes greater than myself. How about you? When are you going to leave that white-bread country call 'Canada', our 52nd state, for China where you will stand out even worse...:lol:

Sorry I can't seem to muster much antagonism today, so I'll leave this be.

When are you going to leave that white-bread country call 'Canada', our 52nd state, for China where you will stand out even worse...:lol:

Honestly if you are still around, I'll send you a picture or a postercard on that day.

Back
Top Bottom