What's new

The Persistence of Poverty in India: Culture or System?

The culture is at fault here imo and also the fact that India is a continent but not a country
"Republic of India" is a country.

I call the region "South Asia" or the "Asian Subcontinent."

southasia.jpg

"Republic of India" is a country.

I call the region "South Asia" or the "Asian Subcontinent."

southasia.jpg

No brother. India is not a country but a continent starting from somewhere in the north India all the way to the south.

India houses approx 30-35 countries and I mean the currently recognized indian borders has within itself 30-35 countries with to much diversity

No brother. India is not a country but a sub-continent starting from somewhere in the north India all the way to the south.

India houses approx 30-35 countries and I mean the currently recognized indian borders
Then I would assume Pakistan is not part of the Subcontinent going by your definition?

South Asia includes Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, and Sri Lanka.

Then I would assume Pakistan is not part of the Subcontinent going by your definition?

South Asia includes Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, and Sri Lanka.

Pakistan is not part of the Indian continent and never was. Not even in historical point of view. Bhutan is not part of it either cause Bhutan is more part of China. Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka are part of the Indian continent

Pakistan is not part of the Indian continent and never was. Not even in historical point of view. Bhutan is not part of it either cause Bhutan is more part of China. Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka are part of the Indian continent
I understand what you are saying.

Some people say South Asia, or Asian Subcontinent.

Some may agree with that Pakistan is not part of South Asia. That I can accept.

I understand what you are saying.

Some people say South Asia, or Asian Subcontinent.

Some may agree with that Pakistan is not part of South Asia. That I can accept.

Muhammad Ibn Qassim never claimed to have conquered Hind but it was exclusively classical Sind the two being different countries alltogether from Karachi, Balochistan to all the way to Multan and north of it to nearly Lahore.

Example words such as Khorasan, Sind, Hind, Fars etc etc was name given by the Rashidun and they had distinctive borders and boundaries. The Arabs took Sind (Pakistan), Khorasan (Afghanistan) and Fars (Iran) and left Hind they didn't touch it at all until it was centuries later opened by Turks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom