What's new

U.S. denies Turkey’s request for combat UAVs

See this is a common fallacy of Israelis i have discussed with. You can't say "they do much worse in Darfur compared to what we do against Palestinians, so ours is justifiable". Where is the logic in this statement?

I was against Omar al-Bashir being welcomed by Erdogan, as i am against Israel's unjust slaughtering of civillians and illegal occupation of their lands. The problem in Sudan is worse, because there, some people claiming themselves as "muslims" clearly, oppresses their own people. But this doesn't mean we have to diverge our focus entirely from the Israeli problem.

I never expressed any support for Hamas, yet what IDF does is much worse than Hamas' action, undeniably.

I also dont understend how u can support terrorist Hamas regime when your people suffered so much from similar terrorists.

Well,there is no similarity between PKK and Hamas.

You are occupying their land and they resist.Yes,sometimes they are using terror methods but not as much as Israel.

Its very ironic for Israel to complain about terrorism.Israel is founded via terror methods.Deir Yasin massacre was not terror or what?

Yes, Hamas is much more criminal, since it targets mainly civilians.

You are occupying their land and they resist.
Hamas did not make any significant terror when we occupied them. Terror started in 1994 when we game then an authonomy and escalated in 2000 when we offered them a state.

Yes,sometimes they are using terror methods
All their methods are terror.

but not as much as Israel.
If Israel behaved like Hamas there would not be Palestinians today.

Its very ironic for Israel to complain about terrorism.Israel is founded via terror methods.Deir Yasin massacre was not terror or what?
In Deir Yassin were killed some 100 Arabs, almost all of them grown males, many armed. It happened in the middle of bloody war. Compare to events happened in Greeko-Turkish war 1920-es its so scanty that no one would even think to mention it.

You are occupying their land and they resist.Yes,sometimes they are using terror methods but not as much as Israel.

It is very Irony that this is coming from a Nation who doesn't even recognize a Genocide it carried out.:angry:

This guy has 33 posts totally, 29 of them related to Turkey section ... And none of them include any positive thing about Turkey ...
I dont know what kind of aß pain he has got.. I suggest you to ignore him ..

Make it 34/30....
It is your job to gloat Turkey strong Turkey is the best country in the world, and i have my own agenda...

It is very Irony that this is coming from a Nation who doesn't even recognize a Genocide it carried out.:angry:

Because there was never a genocide. Ottoman Empire was not a short term fluke state. It ruled vast amount of area and for centuries. If we had really been genocidal people, how come these Armenian managed to live with Turkish people together for many many centuries? yet alone maintaining their own identity.... It just does not make sense! After centuries, all of a sudden we decided to eradicate the Armenians??? They helped Russia on eastern front in WWI, betrayed their own country and also started killing Muslim population. Only after these they were forced to exile...

Similarly look at Cyprus. It was under Ottoman rule for three centuries after which there were more Christians Cypriots then Muslim ones... and which side started doing genocide in 1964? Just four years after the independence....

US rounded up her own Japanese people in camps during WWII before those people did anything bad... Selahaddin Eyyubi and crusaders, how each one behaved... I can go on and on.

and finally for my Indian friend, we should first let you Indians learn to be a man then give some weight to your word. If you had a little bit courage and character then England would not have ruled over India over a whole century. Don't forget India was not a small tribe then. In 1900, it was 200-250 million people...

If you had a little bit courage and character then England would not have ruled over India over a whole century. Don't forget India was not a small tribe then. In 1900, it was 200-250 million people...
I don't think we should be the judges of other nations where we don't like when others put a judgement on us. Just do what I do, ignore the messages when their sole purpose is trolling.

You see, by worsening our relationship with Israel we have won the support of arabs. Honestly, we have gained maybe 10 times by improving our relations with the arabs. Of course our tourism industry has boomed as a result of turkish tv soaps in ME.

We have also improved our ties with Syria, Iraq, Iran, UAE, Kuwait etc. If you are unable to see these developments thats your problem.

Turkey was a close ally of the US. They even went into the Korean war together. I guess this is the best way to repay a close ally of theirs :/

Turkey was a close ally of the US. They even went into the Korean war together. I guess this is the best way to repay a close ally of theirs :/

Actually it is US's choice to side with Israel as usual, even after the piracy of Israel in international waters. Otherwise Turkey did not do anything to damage the relationship.

In Korean war the heroics of the Turkish brigade saved a lot of coalition troops and led to cease fire. That war is why South Korean people love the Turkish people. When S.Korea and Turkey played for third place in 2002 world cup in Korea, Koreans fans were waving in their hands both their own flags and Turkish flags together ... So who needs to repay whom is up for a debate.

Actually it is US's choice to side with Israel as usual, even after the piracy of Israel in international waters. Otherwise Turkey did not do anything to damage the relationship.

In Korean war the heroics of the Turkish brigade saved a lot of coalition troops and led to cease fire. That war is why South Korean people love the Turkish people. When S.Korea and Turkey played for third place in 2002 world cup in Korea, Koreans fans were waving in their hands both their own flags and Turkish flags together ... So who needs to repay whom is up for a debate.

I apologise if you misunderstood my post. I was speaking on behalf of Turkey. I personally felt that the US has betrayed Turkey. I already know about what happened in the Korean war and how the South Koreans loved the Turks. That goes without questioning!

US should give its allies the same respect and priority. Taking sides and favouring one more than the other isn't the way to maintain friendships. I guess this is one of the reaons why Turkey is considering quiting NATO..:what:

I guess this is one of the reaons why Turkey is considering quiting NATO..:what:
Where did you get that impression? I never read,heard or watched anyone who was in their right minds to think that Turkey considers to leave NATO. Let's not make up fantasies where boundaries of reality is still clear to see.

Where did you get that impression? I never read,heard or watched anyone who was in their right minds to think that Turkey considers to leave NATO. Let's not make up fantasies where boundaries of reality is still clear to see.

It wasn't something I dreamed about, but instead it was an impression given by some of its recent actions. I have better things to do with life than to fantasise about Turkey. If I must I would rather spend my time fantasising about woman don't you think? :smitten:

Is Turkey Leaving the West? | Foreign Affairs

Will Turkey Abandon NATO? - WSJ.com

The Acorn Will SCO hold?

It wasn't something I dreamed about, but instead it was an impression given by some of its recent actions. I have better things to do with life than to fantasise about Turkey. If I must I would rather spend my time fantasising about woman don't you think? :smitten:

Is Turkey Leaving the West? | Foreign Affairs

Will Turkey Abandon NATO? - WSJ.com

The Acorn Will SCO hold?
I still stick to my views on "right minds".

First passages on both WSG and FA articles proves my point.

"An Islamist Foreign Policy Puts Ankara at Odds With Its Former Allies"

"Will Turkey side with the United States, its NATO ally, and let more U.S. military ships into the Black Sea to assist Georgia? Or will it choose Russia?"

First article labels Turkey's foreign policy as "Islamist". Second article suggests Turkey is moving away from NATO, as in cold war terms "western bloc", to Russia, as in cold war terms "eastern bloc".

I'm sure we will see lots of articles of this kind in coming years as Turkey becomes more independent on her foreign policy issues. Who knows, if Turkey's trade volume with Zimbabwe rises to $5bn, they may put on a title such as "Turkey is shifting from NATO to Africa".

Turkey denied US request in Iraq. US denied Turkeys request about UAVs.

Actually it is US's choice to side with Israel as usual
US many times denied Israeli requests as well. It denied Tomahawk missiles, PAC-3, recently denied Apache Longbow upgrade. Many times it denied Israeli foreign sales: Kfir jets to Taiwan, Phalcon AWACS and Harpy drones to China, AESA fighter radar to India.

even after the piracy of Israel in international waters.
There was not any piracy. Bunch of violent Hamas supporters tried to breach a legal blockade.

Otherwise Turkey did not do anything to damage the relationship.
As I said, Turkey denied US request to use bases and supply passage for Iraq war. Turkey makes movies where US soldiers are portrayed as evil murderers. As result of this propaganda Turkish population considers US as biggest threat to Turkey.

But of course its easier for you to believe that you never do anything wrong and all your troubles are because of Zionist conspiracy.

@500

Turkish hate for USA isnt about propaganda.Its about US support for PKK and US humiliated our soldiers and agents in Iraq.These are the main reasons.

We invited USA to Anatolian Eagle but they sided with Israel(because of the lobby) and refused to come.

Of course its stupid to believe all the troubles are because of zionists but it doesnt mean we should close our eyes what zionists do.

Back
Top Bottom