What's new

Type 052D DDG News & Discussions

You don't even make sense. History has shown the need for a powerful navy especially considering 70 percent of the planet is mostly water. You think you don't need a navy the size of ours or reaching out over the horizon beyond the Pacific? Then please explain why China is sending ships to deal with anti-piracy operations in the Indian Ocean even though it has nothing to do with them?

Learn some geography.
Asia is one large landmass. China can actually drive across Asia...and then into Africa and Europe if we choose. It's all land connected.

vmqtRj3.jpg

China produced over 22 million vehicles in 2013. Do the math.

Production Statistics | OICA

jkF3iOd.jpg

In the meantime, here are more pics.

13362058045_a7bb0284f5_o.jpg

13362061075_e367bf2c2f_o.jpg

13362444664_eb2ce853c0_o.jpg

13362213043_3fcbf2c8b0_o.jpg

13362218283_10606c2577_o.jpg

Last edited:
You don't even make sense. History has shown the need for a powerful navy especially considering 70 percent of the planet is mostly water. You think you don't need a navy the size of ours or reaching out over the horizon beyond the Pacific? Then please explain why China is sending ships to deal with anti-piracy operations in the Indian Ocean even though it has nothing to do with them?

Umm......yes i could of phrased my post better........

What i was implying was, that unlike most other nations in today's world, the size of the US Navy, is far larger than it needs to be for the defensive purpose of the USA...........where in reality, the US Navy is designed for offence!

ps...........i do make sense (i think! :-))

Last edited:

What i was implying was, that unlike most other nations in today's world, the size of the US Navy, is far larger than it needs to be for the defensive purpose of the USA...........where in reality, the US Navy is designed for offence!

Indeed, offense is the best defense, you of all people should know that.o_O Lessons learned from WW2. Why else would the Chinese want an aircraft carrier? Japan is right there, South Korea is right there, Vietnam is right there, I mean China invaded Vietnam without the need for carriers. Then you have the Philippines which is nearby as well as Malaysia. All within range of your bombers and cruise missiles as most Chinese posters have claimed.

And next time phrased your post better as you said.

Learn some geography.
Asia is one large landmass. China can actually drive across Asia...and then into Africa and Europe if we choose. It's all land connected.

vmqtRj3.jpg

China produced over 22 million vehicles in 2013. Do the math.

Production Statistics | OICA

jkF3iOd.jpg

In the meantime, here are more pics.

13362058045_a7bb0284f5_o.jpg

13362061075_e367bf2c2f_o.jpg

13362444664_eb2ce853c0_o.jpg

13362213043_3fcbf2c8b0_o.jpg

13362218283_10606c2577_o.jpg

Oh wow you can drive across Asia that don't mean your trade with other countries is all concentrated on land. Even you should know that.

Let the US be what it is,i.e. world police。It will bankrupt the country sooner or later。

No police
GOOD GOOD!!! They need to pump out these beast as fast as possible. The world situation is changing rapidly. PLAN has quickly acquire these powerful offensive asset to project its overseas strike firepower.

H-9K, Type052D and CV-16 will allow PLA armed forces for the first time able to project offensive fire power with LACM and precision strike ammo few thousands kilometres away from home soil.

They can easily pump out

And with SWS joining
Sea trial started for the 2nd 052D DDG:tup:, also will join PLAN this year :cheers:

DK7iBIe.jpg

xocGjon.jpg

31SaJVt.jpg

oYvKuK5.jpg

Early days yet。PLAN has plan to build over 20 052Ds and 052Es。

Plus dozens of 055s、055As、055Bs。

Let the US be what it is,i.e. world police。It will bankrupt the country sooner or later。

No police

They can easily pump out

And with SWS joining

For that many ships I'm not sure about it. It's too many, and yet not enough. IF we have such a navy, we must take a stand on international issues, this is bad while our internal economy is still developing.

On the other hand we would need oversea bases which isn't difficult, but again we would be forced into a situation like the US, they don't want to help, but they can't back away either. Stuck in the middle.

Even Singapore a small nation has disputes with indonesia, who do we piss off? We can't piss off either, like current Japan Korea situation, America once again stuck in the middle.

I support a new system of proxy states, like we make someone else the defining state in an organization, like ASEAN, but have some influence in it, but try to keep it limited in times of peace and no tension. This way we can stay out of things and have the puppet take the brunt of the hate.

American's system of over involvement is a system that has failed, it's showing cracks. We must not go down that road.

I'm more interested in carriers and LHDs, air power as proven in WW2 and later is the key to power projection and naval battles. We are not really much behind on warships any more, now the focus should be these massive ships to match US's naval air power and projection power.

No police

They can easily pump out

And with SWS joining

What's 052E DDG, bro ???

nice picture. do you have more?
Nup, only one pic. It's PSed by 1st 052D DDG original sea trial photo.

China need to concentrate on submarines and surface ships first.

Surface Ships:
Type 055/A/B cruiser
Type 052D/E destroyer
Type 054A and Type 057 frigate
Type 056/A corvette
Type 022 patrol vessel

Submarines:
Type 095 SSN
Type 096 SSBN
Type 041 SSK

Capital Ships:
Type 071/A LPD
Type 075 LHD

Aircraft Carriers take far too long to build and come be commissioned and don't offer a game changing advantage.

In addition to combat vessels, PLAN should get more Type 903 AOR and Type 081/A minesweeper.

Last edited:

Surface Ships:
Type 055/A/B cruiser
Type 052D/E destroyer
Type 056/A corvette
Type 022 patrol vessel

Submarines:
Type 095 SSN
Type 096 SSBN
Type 041 SSK

Capital Ships:
Type 071/A LPD
Type 075 LHD

Aircraft Carriers take far too long to build and come be commissioned and don't offer a game changing advantage.

In addition to combat vessels, PLAN should get more Type 903 AOR and Type 081/A minesweeper.

Type 055A/B, Type 052E, Type 057, Type 041, Type 075 are all, for the moment, wrong refence numbers.

The NG post-Type 054A frigate might not call Type 057.

Type 041 doesn't exist.

And the coming LHD doesn't call Type 075.

Henri K.

I become confuse here. 052E, 055, 055A, 055B... etc. How can you know that? There is no information about this. I know about the 055 rumor, but still, is it already official, or still rumor?

I become confuse here. 052E, 055, 055A, 055B... etc. How can you know that? There is no information about this. I know about the 055 rumor, but still, is it already official, or still rumor?
055 yes, it will build end of 2014 or beginning of 2015. But others ... well i also 1st time to hear that.

Surface Ships:
Type 055/A/B cruiser
Type 052D/E destroyer
Type 056/A corvette
Type 022 patrol vessel

Submarines:
Type 095 SSN
Type 096 SSBN
Type 041 SSK

Capital Ships:
Type 071/A LPD
Type 075 LHD

The Chinese military disagrees with that assessment on not building carriers.

No police

They can easily pump out

And with SWS joining

Keep building those warships. Going to need many if you want to take on U.S. as well as other countries in Asia.

Back
Top Bottom