What's new

Type 052D DDG News & Discussions

Congrats to China :china: but in pics from sides why sheets of metal have bad finishing, they are not as smooth as western ones have, why?

Congrats to China :china: but in pics from sides why sheets of metal have bad finishing, they are not as smooth as western ones have, why?

Because the paint is fresh, while the white color makes the seams of welding more visible than the grey color.

Navy-Names-Three-Arleigh-Burke-Destroyers-and-Two-LCS.jpg

Because the paint is fresh, while the white color makes the seams of welding more visible than the grey color.

but ship finishing don't look upto high standards, even F-22Ps had better outer finish.

if you take a closer look at highlighted part of ship with red line it seems substandard, same in nearly all closer pics posted. It looks like these ships are made in hurry.

upload_2014-3-22_2-40-0.png

but ship finishing don't look upto high standards, even F-22Ps had better outer finish.

if you take a closer look at highlighted part of ship with red line it seems substandard, same in nearly all closer pics posted. It looks like these ships are made in hurry.

View attachment 21845

I think it is the photograph, the outline in some pics seem to be ok.

I believe 172 fast commissioning is facilitate and validate all missile firing system. I believe she will be deploy for sea sortie very soon and hope she will fire LACM , YJ-12 ASM and new HQ long range air defense missile.

HHQ-9B, YJ-18A, H/PJ-38, H/PJ-12, HQ-10, 726-4 and H/VJQ004B, that's all, nothing more.

Henri K.

I am sure you all get the wrong idea. This type of finishing is standard. Even western warship do look that way. That picture show direct exposed to bright sunlight which you able to spot the edges. Westen countries are damm good at marketing. They released photo mostly of non direct sunlight to misled you all their warship hull is very smooth. But sometimes, no choice. The obvious edges can be captured by photo too. See the edges on the side of the hull.. I do not see much different of it from 172 Kumming DDG.

The_Green_Bay_(LPD_20)_near_New_Orleans.jpg

Mind you, this ship is quite new for USN.

I am sure you all get the wrong idea. This type of finishing is standard. Even western warship do look that way. That picture show direct exposed to bright sunlight which you able to spot the edges. Westen countries are damm good at marketing. They released photo mostly of non direct sunlight to misled you all their warship hull is very smooth. But sometimes, no choice. The obvious edges can be captured by photo too. See the edges on the side of the hull.. I do not see much different of it from 172 Kumming DDG.

if that is the case then its good ship, where it stands as per its class with it counterparts? can 2 to 4 ships handle threat posed by Indian Navy specially their Brahmos missile? when patrolling Indian ocean? because if yes then PN must look into these at least 4 of them, which China may provide on priority as they know that their closest ally face very big foe.

if that is the case then its good ship, where it stands as per its class with it counterparts? can 2 to 4 ships handle threat posed by Indian Navy specially their Brahmos missile? when patrolling Indian ocean? because if yes then PN must look into these at least 4 of them, which China may provide on priority as they know that their closest ally face very big foe.

I think PN will acquire it after 2020, but don't worry, after 2020, it will still be a very advanced destroyer, but in addition with cheaper price and improved/more mature technologies.

Back
Top Bottom