What's new

Type 052D DDG News & Discussions

Jesus freaking Christ. Finally a link!

Was that so hard?

Do you know more about the trials? What problems were detected?

Don't know any details yet,and yeah link was difficult to find since i had forgotten where i had read it.
A possible defect could be in integration of different components and subsystems from varied OEMs,this type of problem arose in trials of original talwar class,when shtil missile initially didn't work due to difference in frequencies with Indian equipment.Fixed after initial problem.

Don't know any details yet,and yeah link was difficult to find since i had forgotten where i had read it.
A possible defect could be in integration of different components and subsystems from varied OEMs,this type of problem arose in trials of original talwar class,when shtil missile initially didn't work due to difference in frequencies with Indian equipment.Fixed after initial problem.

Sounds about right. There is no way a lack of suitable torpedoes could delay the commissioning of the ship.

So how many DDGs Type 052D China is producing and where it will going to place in current and war Scenario as US is sending all of its moderin equipment to near Chinese countries for unknown reasons...??
Rumors said 8x 052D DDG plan, most new 052D will join PLAN East Sea Fleet to face the Western pacific including Japan islands, join PLAN South Sea Fleet to face SOC dispute.

Official news, 2x new 052D DDG officially named N.o172 "KunMing" and N.o173 "ChangSha"

213348fubry34tqr76364k.jpg.thumb.jpg

Rumors said 8x 052D DDG plan, most new 052D will join PLAN East Sea Fleet to face the Western pacific including Japan islands, join PLAN South Sea Fleet to face SOC dispute.

I think the plan should be to construct two to three fleets to protect the coast, and provide support for another one to two strike force that consist of our latest techs and hopefully carriers and Nuke Subs capable of delivering nukes on moment's notice and strike anywhere in the Pacific, China seas, and Indian ocean.

The marine corp should also be separate and be more powerful. With it's own equipment and own chain of command, under a joint Chief of staff system.

This sea fleets system seems old and doesn't work with the new ambitions of the Chinese navy, I mean from what I can see.

Sounds A tad American, but it does work and seems to be better than our current system.

Official media news released a map to intorduce future China 052C/D 055 DDG building numbers.

1. China had finished 6x 052C DDGs including join PLAN and sea trial.
2. Now building another 4x 052D and 2x 052C DDGs plan, before 2014 to build 1x 055 and before 2016 to build another 6x 052D, total 13x 052C/D & 055 building plan
3. Future to build another 15x DDGs plan.

If this news is ture, i think it means before 2023 PLAN will own 35x APAR DDGs --- 052C/D and 055 class.

P.S right now i'm confused by 055 class DDG, somebody said a new designed 12,000ton APAR DDG ... wow but still no any pic leaked, i really wonder how it looks like ???

153621k2wdg12d6859jdqw.jpg.thumb.jpg

Official media news released a map to intorduce future China 052C/D 055 DDG building numbers.

1. China had finished 6x 052C DDGs including join PLAN and sea trial.
2. Now building another 4x 052D and 2x 052C DDGs plan, before 2014 to build 1x 055 and before 2016 to build another 6x 052D, total 13x 052C/D & 055 building plan
3. Future to build another 15x DDGs plan.

If this news is ture, i think it means before 2023 PLAN will own 35x APAR DDGs --- 052C/D and 055 class.

P.S right now i'm confused by 055 class DDG, somebody said a new designed 12,000ton APAR DDG ... wow but still no any pic leaked, i really wonder how it looks like ???

153621k2wdg12d6859jdqw.jpg.thumb.jpg

Still some errors -

* Type 052C will stop at 6th ship, not 2 more
* The first order of Type 052D concerns 3 ships, not 4

Except for Type 055, all others are speculation for the moment.

Henri K.

Still some errors -

* Type 052C will stop at 6th ship, not 2 more
* The first order of Type 052D concerns 3 ships, not 4

Except for Type 055, all others are speculation for the moment.

Henri K.

It is likely then that the 055 might start construction in 2013.

The BIG DEAL is that China's next generation of nuclear-powered submarines will employ a multiple-purpose VLS that's is very similar in design and function to the one used on 052D。

The system will allow the new sub to assume the dual roles of tactic and strategic strike,by having on one boat conventional or nuclear ballistic missiles,conventional or nuclear cruise missiles,anti-aircraft missiles、anti-ship missiles、anti-submarine missiles,totalling some 100 plus torpedoes。

That's SSN、SSGN and SSBN in one,3 in 1. :yahoo::china::smitten:

The sub will launch 7-8 months as of today。

2008080707401477.jpg

For illustration only。:azn:

Back
Top Bottom