What's new

Two years built 1st 052D DDG join PLAN now, where anti-ship missile ?

how is the air defence of such destroyers?

how can they counter theoretical threats coming from modern antiship missiles, deployed such as by Vietnam navy: termit, uran, yakhont, klub-s and exocet?

HQ-10 and CWIS 730. Or anti- missile chaff.
The PJ-38 main gun may also carry out anti-missile role.

In China shipyard, from left to right 2nd, 4th and 3rd 052D DDGs building.
qzAX3nP.jpg

LOL I like to see China try. That means taking over our territories in the Pacific. The U.S. Navy hasn't had a major conflict in the seas since WW2 and nobody has challenged it. Not even the Russians when it was at its peak.

how much US treasury bonds Russians used to hold when it peaked?
how much cars Russians used to build each year when it peaked?

this list goes on pretty long.
your old man style thinking is too old.

in short: we are not going to challenge. we will share the pacific with your guys.

how much US treasury bonds Russians used to hold when it peaked?
how much cars Russians used to build each year when it peaked?

this list goes on pretty long.
your old man style thinking is too old.

in short: we are not going to challenge. we will share the pacific with your guys.

Share the pacific how? Please enlighten me on that.

Share the pacific how? Please enlighten me on that.

As if there were choices...
Support a war against China that would destroy everything we enjoyed in life? You do remember what it took to go to war against Japan, and that was when we had so much less to lose LOL.
US will never go to war against China, sharing is the only option.

How many 052Ds planned in total?
According to current 052D's shipbody structures in JN shipyard, the number is SIX 052D DDGs. The rumor said future DaLian shipyard also will build 052D together, the number will be >20x 052D and 055 DDGs.

If China to build 052D and 055 DDGs as the same building speed as each year 2x, PLAN will have 20x 052D and 055 + 6x 052C DDGs (Watch another 6x 052C DDGs thread). If JN and DaLian shipyard all can build 2x DDGs each year, i believe the numbers can >30x within 10 years.

China economy support + "Made in China" building speed, 30x 052D+055 DDGs & 6x 052C DDs can make ture.

We need to build at a steady, but sustainable pace. Soviet Union collapsed on itself because it overextended itself on military spending, which its economy could not properly support. Time is on China's side as its economic strength is set to surpass US sooner or later. That is the reason why Americans have been busy trying to set fires in Asia. The leadership needs to keep calm and not fall into the nationalism trap. Only strike when you're ready, not because you feel compelled to.

Given China's shipbuilding capacity, completing two destroyers, three diesel subs and five frigates per year are completely reasonable. I also think we should build at least one SSBN and SSN every year, plus a carrier every 5 years.

Latest pic in JN shipyard.
Well well well it looks China will have another 4x new 052D (2nd,3rd,4th,5th) and 1x new 052C DDGs (6th) soon, AESA DDGs building faster than i thought.

134143uq3lqensq7sd0ll5.jpg

We need to build at a steady, but sustainable pace. Soviet Union collapsed on itself because it overextended itself on military spending, which its economy could not properly support. Time is on China's side as its economic strength is set to surpass US sooner or later. That is the reason why Americans have been busy trying to set fires in Asia. The leadership needs to keep calm and not fall into the nationalism trap. Only strike when you're ready, not because you feel compelled to.

Given China's shipbuilding capacity, completing two destroyers, three diesel subs and five frigates per year are completely reasonable. I also think we should build at least one SSBN and SSN every year, plus a carrier every 5 years.
Russia did not have the economy that China has. It was spending 20% of gdp on military. China not even 2%. Need to spend more.

Back
Top Bottom