What's new

Two Prithvi-II ballistic missiles test-fired

Actually failure of agni-2 test and success of Ghauri Hataf-V yesterday has badly bruised indian ego .hence to satisfy their inflated egos india tested 2 prithvis today.If india wants to match the pakistani missile test success then why not test agni again.y only test prithvi.

Actually failure of agni-2 test and success of Ghauri Hataf-V yesterday has badly bruised indian ego .hence to satisfy their inflated egos india tested 2 prithvis today.If india wants to match the pakistani missile test success then why not test agni again.y only test prithvi.

The tests were announced in September 2010!! 3 months before Pakistan test fired its missile.

P.S. Dont make yourself look like a retard. At least think before you post.

So, you mean to say that this test was planned , arranged , necessary notices and warnings given, and executed ; all within a time span of 24-48 hours?:rofl:

obvious-troll-is-obvious-i2768.jpg

Aren't these Prithvi-2 are of 300-350km range? and the Prithvi-1 has range of 150 km? both were tested before if i m right? is this test meant to check the operational readiness ?

Pics from livefist.

1st missile

The ready to launch second missile can be seen in the background in this pic.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

2nd missile

p3.JPG

p4.JPG

Last edited:
I think Pakistan also tested Ghauri I (1300 km range) recently

India and Pakistan are still stuck with their 10 year old missiles i guess.

The tests were announced in September 2010!! 3 months before Pakistan test fired its missile.

P.S. Dont make yourself look like a retard. At least think before you post.
Who told u that he think's before he posts somethings..
He just need to troll and derail the thread,so he is acting as a retard or really is?

itrolls.jpg

I think Pakistan also tested Ghauri I (1300 km range) recently

India and Pakistan are still stuck with their 10 year old missiles i guess.
No,its a Upgraded one..New features has been added..
And this missile is A tactical Nuke,which can carry 1 ton of payload(nuke)..which can deceive ABM's,But Pakistan hasn't got one..
it's range is 350Km..
Think logically..
How much far distance is pakistan from rajasthan??

Whole pakistan will be covered by this Prithvi 2,We don't need Agni to do this job...

It would be foolish to use 3500Km range Agni-3 to use for a target which is just less than 350Kms..

No,its a Upgraded one..New features has been added..
And this missile is A tactical Nuke,which can carry 1 ton of payload(nuke)..which can deceive ABM's,But Pakistan hasn't got one..
it's range is 350Km..
Think logically..
How much far distance is pakistan from rajasthan??

Whole pakistan will be covered by this Prithvi 2,We don't need Agni to do this job...

It would be foolish to use 3500Km range Agni-3 to use for a target which is just less than 350Kms..

Yes, Prithvi is 350 kms max but that also means that we have to position Prithvi close to the border which makes them vulnerable to enemy attack.

In the long run, with the advent of Brahmos and hybrid Shaurya, we can limit Prithvi numbers and invest more on other missiles.

Shaurya is the future, I am betting big time on it.

There is a difference between the two tests.
The missile tests that are done by DRDO are not regular missiles, they are missiles which have experimental systems onboard, newer technologies under test. This is why they fail more often.
The tests done by the army have been 100% successful, these were the missiles that had frozen specs and were inducted with proven systems.
The new test of Agni 2+ had some new subsystems that were being tested for the first time. These Prithvi missiles too weren't regular Prithvi. Both the missiles had different systems onboard, hence two different tests. You'll come to know the details soon.

On topic - Congrats to the team, and hopefully the new guidance, and navigation system is applied to operational missiles too.

Aren't these Prithvi-2 are of 300-350km range? and the Prithvi-1 has range of 150 km? both were tested before if i m right? is this test meant to check the operational readiness ?

These missiles are already in service. But the missiles being tested are not regular inducted missiles, but some newer systems are being tested on them. These newer systems will be used on the next generation of missiles.

Operational readiness tests are done by Army. Experimental tests are done by DRDO.

Back
Top Bottom