What's new

Two Prithvi-II ballistic missiles test-fired

this is no testing but a user trials means user pick up any 2 missiles from storage or in production to check if everything is good. Also known as IN PROCESS QUALITY CONTROL CHECK.:smitten:

It is not a quality control check. These missiles weren't the ones inducted. These missiles were carrying new experimental subsystems which have been successful. Operational tests are done by the army.

jagji!!!whr did you get this ?? They just confirmed its accuracy thats all. But they clearly mention user trial .

jagji!!!whr did you get this ?? They just confirmed its accuracy thats all. But they clearly mention user trial .

:lol: That is for you to find out for now.

I cannot tell now, may be after a week or so. ;)
I am not allowed to utter a word :disagree:

it's range is 350Km..
Think logically..
How much far distance is pakistan from rajasthan??

Whole pakistan will be covered by this Prithvi 2,We don't need Agni to do this job...

It would be foolish to use 3500Km range Agni-3 to use for a target which is just less than 350Kms..

its not about hitting Pakistan from Rajasthan or any of the Border area, because its under their range but its about launching a missile any where from India and Indian Ocean which can hit Pakistan. Because we do not have 1st strike policy.
We should be ready to use our long range missiles which can be launched from Kerela or Indira point and hit Islamabad. And Pirthvi can not do that. Enemy should nto know from where the missile was launched.

But pirthvi can be used as taking out important target ministries, bases and financial points and yes, mounted on destroyers and missile frigates, it can be a severe threat to the enemy

Last edited:
its not about hitting Pakistan from Rajasthan or any of the Border area, because its under their range but its about launching a missile any where from India and Indian Ocean which can hit Pakistan. Because we do not have 1st strike policy.
We should be ready to use our long range missiles which can be launched from Kerela or Indira point and hit Islamabad. And Pirthvi can not do that. Enemy should nto know from where the missile was launched.

But pirthvi can be used as taking out important target ministries, bases and financial points and yes, mounted on destroyers and missile frigates, it can be a severe threat to the enemy

My goodness!! What a day dreaming is going on.. beware Pakistan's missiles are not to just display in IDEAS... & plus Pakistan and Pakistanis just not rely on these bloody missiles and gadgets like that.. There is one thing which is called "Faith" & here we make the difference.. :pakistan:

My goodness!! What a day dreaming is going on.. beware Pakistan's missiles are not to just display in IDEAS... & plus Pakistan and Pakistanis just not rely on these bloody missiles and gadgets like that.. There is one thing which is called "Faith" & here we make the difference.. :pakistan:

when you people test fired "Faith " missile last time ?? :lol:

:lol: That is for you to find out for now.

I cannot tell now, may be after a week or so. ;)
I am not allowed to utter a word :disagree:
Jagjit -

What I understand that Shaurya is more of a ballstic missile and has a cruise missile like terminal guidance correction. Which is more of a characterstic of a cruise missile, That terminal guidance helps it to correct its flight path in order tto achive better accuracy.

I guess this teerminal guidance course correction can be achived for any other missile. I want to know whats the nig difference that its called quasi ballistic advertisement, its is the free flight Mach 6 speed that it has and thats the advantage or what is the differentiator?

Jagjit -

What I understand that Shaurya is more of a ballstic missile and has a cruise missile like terminal guidance correction. Which is more of a characterstic of a cruise missile, That terminal guidance helps it to correct its flight path in order tto achive better accuracy.

I guess this teerminal guidance course correction can be achived for any other missile. I want to know whats the nig difference that its called quasi ballistic advertisement, its is the free flight Mach 6 speed that it has and thats the advantage or what is the differentiator?

Every ballistic missile is a hypersonic missile so that's not why its special. Its just that this missile doesn't follow a completely parabola trajectory. It follows a trajectory that is not pure ballistic, or pure cruise missile type, but a combination of the two.

Every ballistic missile is a hypersonic missile so that's not why its special. Its just that this missile doesn't follow a completely parabola trajectory. It follows a trajectory that is not pure ballistic, or pure cruise missile type, but a combination of the two.
Thank you. Agreed. however a cruise missile like Brahmos will have a speed of 2.6 mach however, Shaurya will have a mach6 speed, so is this the only advantage as its a re entry vehicle...?

So at the renntry stage, every missile is hypersonic like mach 6-8..just what we have added is a course correction and change in flight path.

and if Shaurya will have a terminal guidance, I mean this kind of guidance can be added to all ballistic missiles, so can we conclude that, its just a different missile and nothing that is special or axtraordinary? max it can have is a better CEP but other can have it too by adding a terminal guidance or clutter detection type system added to a normal ballstic missile?

Back
Top Bottom