What's new

Two Opposing Terms: Islamic and Republic

True, the problem is general psyche of our elites you add or remove Islam it will make no difference. It's this mentality that is the problem.

@FaujHistorian
See since there is this misuse of religion in most religious based governments/constitutions,isnt it better to keep religion out of politics?

@Leader, there is a huge difference, if hypothetically they do that they would still qualify as a democracy. But the day you legislate against Islamic principles you cease to be Islamic. We are Islamic by name only:)

that day would be when Muslims or Catholics or French, say, would be dominating the population of England, we too if Hindus, or Iranian or Pukhtoon be dominating the population.

democracy is best defined as by the people for the people and of the people. so yes hypothetically, we too follow the same path.

See since there is this misuse of religion in most religious based governments/constitutions,isnt it better to keep religion out of politics?

Bro you don't know, they don't misuse religion they misuse the old tribal affiliation, their clan leadership, their feudal lordship and lack of education of rural population.

Bro you don't know, they don't misuse religion they misuse the old tribal affiliation, their clan leadership, their feudal lordship and lack of education of rural population.
And what in your opinion can we do to change that?
Most rurals dont want education.

And what in your opinion can we do to change that?
Most rurals dont want education.

Things are changing people want to get educated now. Plus within a decade at current rate most Pakistanis will be living in urban areas, so the power of these feudals will subside.

Things are changing people want to get educated now. Plus within a decade at current rate most Pakistanis will be living in urban areas, so the power of these feudals will subside.
Well,i do hope so because i sure as hell dont want to see Pakistan end up like Afghanistan(messed up).

Well,i do hope so because i sure as hell dont want to see Pakistan end up like Afghanistan(messed up).

Afghanistan again is a prime example of tribal/ethnic conflict and culture getting branded as Islam. An educated person won't call it Islam.

But I am confident that Pakistan is beyond the tipping point of emancipation, the only way now is forward.

Afghanistan again is a prime example of tribal/ethnic conflict and culture getting branded as Islam. An educated person won't call it Islam.
You are neighbours,dont you think there are many in Pakistan thinking the same?
TTP?

You are neighbours,dont you think there are many in Pakistan thinking the same?
TTP?

We are a nation of 180 million, how many are TTP, a few thousand? So no it's not many Pakistanis but very small number of Pakistanis in a certain region thinking like that:)

If you could just see the kind of open debates that happen in our media and society in general, you'd know that closing it is not possible now. This thread is an example of the type of discussions happening openly in our society.

We are a nation of 180 million, how many are TTP, a few thousand? So no it's not many Pakistanis but very small number of Pakistanis in a certain region thinking like that:)

If you could just see the kind of open debates that happen in our media and society in general, you'd know that closing it is not possible now. This thread is an example of the type of discussions happening openly in our society.
If this forum reflects the ideas and opinions of Pakistani's in general then im confident,all will be good!

If this forum reflects the ideas and opinions of Pakistani's in general then im confident,all will be good!

If only you could speak Urdu I would refer you to our media and what kind of topics are being discussed on it:)

These are programs are watched by millions, they have higher viewership than primetime dramas:)

If only you could speak Urdu I would refer you to our media and what kind of topics are being discussed on it:)

These are programs are watched by millions, they have higher viewership than primetime dramas:)
That is good to know.
Television would speed things up:tup:

So many Pakistanis use and abuse history and continue to be ignorant.

One such case is the use of two terms associated by Pakistan.

Islamic and Republic.

Even though the two are exact opposite of each other.

The concept of "Republic" in general means that no power for anyone claiming to have divine guidance.

Funny and sad at the same times, that such terms are combined by so-called highly educated elite in Pakistan.

A villager in Sindh, punjab, balochistan, KP will never try to use such mumbo jumbo

For him It is just Pakistan.

That's it.

But our professors, our degree holders, our big name politicians who go attend prestigious Western schools like Oxbridge and Harvard continue spreading this ignorance nay arrogance in Pakistan.

a republic is by defination of law ''That form of government in which the administration of affairs is open to all the citizens. A political unit or "state," independent of its form of government.''

here it doesnt include or exclude anyone on the grounds of religion, by taking into account this defination instead of the way you defined the word ''republic'' we can conclude that the word Isamic republic would entail both features of Islam and Republicanism, that is a '' the form of government in which the administration of affairs is open to all the citizens as long as these affairs are administered Islamically. A political unit or state, independant of its government but not Islam.''

Here you have to see that Islam hold a higher place instead of Republicanism because its and Islamic republic and not a Republican Islamic State.....

I wonder after reading your post for a while,what you have against Islams role in society. Now dont say what you have against Islam is terrorism...9/11....26/11....bombings etc because they are not Islam....

a republic is by defination of law ''That form of government in which the administration of affairs is open to all the citizens. A political unit or "state," independent of its form of government.''

here it doesnt include or exclude anyone on the grounds of religion, by taking into account this defination instead of the way you defined the word ''republic'' we can conclude that the word Isamic republic would entail both features of Islam and Republicanism, that is a '' the form of government in which the administration of affairs is open to all the citizens as long as these affairs are administered Islamically. A political unit or state, independant of its government but not Islam.''

Here you have to see that Islam hold a higher place instead of Republicanism because its and Islamic republic and not a Republican Islamic State.....

I wonder after reading your post for a while,what you have against Islams role in society. Now dont say what you have against Islam is terrorism...9/11....26/11....bombings etc because they are not Islam....
No one has nothing against Islam,if you had read the rest of the posts you would have seen that its the misuse of Islam where we are against.

No one has nothing against Islam,if you had read the rest of the posts you would have seen that its the misuse of Islam where we are against.

Sir, I have read the rest of the comments and understand that no misuse is meant, but the comment was noted for the poster of the thread, who always has some issue against Islam and its role on society etc....all his posts involve Islam in some shady setting....

Perhaps.

However we should also allow terms like

-- Honest Thief
-- Kind murderer
-- uneducated professor

and the list goes on.

And if someone points to the dichotomy,

We in Pakistan can simply say

Honest for West, Thief for Pakistan
Kind for West, Murderer for Pakistan
Uneducated for the West, professor for Pakistan.

You know I am not trying not to start a flame war. Just pointing out the danger of combining two antonyms, or two exact opposite adjectives for the same noun.

Peace

Sir, the opposite of Repulic is autocratic, and that of Islam is infidelic (in this context), so common sense dictates that they are not eachothers antonyms....

Back
Top Bottom