What's new

Two Indian soldiers killed in LoC skirmish: Indian army

That makes no sense, India and Pakistan both maintain a UN MilOb Group presence and that's exactly what they are for. If you are just going to deny their involvement in something as simple as a border violation investigation, then it's your fault. Pakistan can't really investigate the matter on India's behalf, or if you can find another neutral third party, then by all means, call them. Pakistan has already excused themselves of any wrongdoing by openly asking for the UN as a neutral party to investigate the issue. India need not take them to the site of the alleged incident, just an autopsy will answer many questions.

It makes sense if you look at our sad mutual history, doesn't make sense from the POV of this incident.

I agree that having refused UN involvement, the thing to do for GoI is to find a neutral third party for this incident.

I want to state that personally I believe IA. However, it seems hard for me to believe that PA will do this as policy. So I'm not sure what the hell I believe.

"Pakistan Army's action is highly provocative. The way they treated the dead bodies of Indian soldiers is inhuman. We will convey our protest to Pakistan government and our DGMO will talk to his counterpart. We are closely following the situation, Antony told reporters in New Delhi on Wednesday

<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>New Delhi summons Pak High Com to register strong protest over Pak </o:p> - www.ddinews.com

ab dobara na puchna

Have you got some neurons? Yeah, it could be provocative but where the hell is the allegation pertaining beheading? Inhumanity is an umbrella term, even shooting someone is an inhumane act..

Firstly, I have rebuked that statement more than once.
Secondly, even if you believe that and it is the case, the Pakistan state will still not be to blame.
Lastly, You have the allegedly mutilated and beheaded bodies, India's chance to shame Pakistan is not too far away but I believe that they will let it pass like the time when similar furore was raised about the alleged torture and mutilation of Lt. Srikanth Purohit and although half of the present-day EU promised to support India in the ICJ if they release the autopsy findings, India never did.

Half facts - India is not a signatory to ICJ in first place and never placed any request with ICJ.

An important point made, India don't want UN because Pakistan want to internationalize the situation , bring it to international level, a bilateral problem.

Recently Pakistan has shown its anger against lack of international support on Kashmir issue.

Have you got some neurons? Yeah, it could be provocative but where the hell is the allegation pertaining beheading? Inhumanity is an umbrella term, even shooting someone is an inhumane act..

playing with words is not going to take you very far..

Now do you understand the frustration of dealing with pakistan, this constant plausible deniability behind which pakistani army regulars hide.

Infiltration by PA regulars - Mujahideen
Kargil by PA regulars- Mujhideens
Border violence - mujhideens
Saurabh Kalia mutilation - Mujhideens

It's a frustration that India has imposed on itself, a genuine concern up till 2003, today the border jumper story is but a farce.

It is impossible to engage with pakistan as a single entity, political government has no control over the army's action, on ground level pakistani army has plusible deniability with it's every action with the terrorist twist. There is no way of engaging the nation, hence this candy floss sham needs to end, and we need to completely disengage from each other in all other areas and concentrate on key issues with whoever has any damn responsibility and control over pakistani assets.

As I said earlier, India's chance is but a UN Investigation away but India will never go for it because the entire issue hold very little water to begin with.

Brain fart by jrtt, the whole purpose of asking for UN intervention was because Pakistan knows there was no "beheading" however it would serve a purpose because it would invite international arbitrators into Kashmir and that is what Pakistan has wanted all along. :lol:

In fact it was a smart suggestion on part of GOP and India sniffed it out rightfully by rejecting it, however by rejecting it India looks bad and its claims look unsubstantiated because Pakistan can just say, "hey we have nothing to hide, we were even willing to invite UN to come investigate".

UN wouldn't find anything anyway because there was no beheading, it was just sensationalism by Indian media which even IA never confirmed. Mutilation could have occurred from gun fire but a beheading is by blade. That is another reason why GOI rejected the offer.

And what will UN do, has pakistan done anything about any directives from UN in the past. It's just frustrating to see that there is no way of engaging pakistan realistically for any kind of conflict resolution. It's high time to end all this nonsensical candy floss diplomacy and disengage, and come to core issues when Pakistan is ready to do so. In the mean while, we need to militarize the borders and thwart all violations that we practically can.

It's a frustration that India has imposed on itself, a genuine concern up till 2003, today the border jumper story is but a farce. As I said earlier, India's chance is but a UN Investigation away but India will never go for it because the entire issue hold very little water to begin with.
GOI said Pakistan want to internationalize Kashmir issue considering lack of support Pakistan have now on Kashmir issue. India is saying its a bilateral problem.

Well I won't argue with you or any other person. My problem is with GOI.

I'm not sure if either PA or IA soldiers who died, or their families, would consider any of this a game.

I certainly don't, but isn't that for the higher ups especially within Indian ranks to realize?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom