What's new

Twin Blasts in Quetta, 15 dead

Are you kidding me? Where have you been all these past few months with all the cross-border infiltration from hundreds of Afghani terrorists inside Pakistan?

I have been right here. Reading how the TTP captured "boys" for crossing into Afghanistan. And how, many other different factions have been coming inside Pakistan to attack the civilians. Can you really cite those instances where Taliban was mentioned as the one infiltrating Pakistan and fighting Pakistani forces?

And almost all the infiltration took place in the northern areas, but are you yourself not the one who says Taliban is based in Kandahar?

Your main grouse is for those that come from Afghanistan to attack Pakistani forces, but you never complained against those who came from Pakistan to attack NATO in Afghanistan. It was a very regular phenomenon throughout 2009-2010. Today, just the tables are turned.

I expected something better than this from you. After all, it is you who cannot even believe the news, but when time comes, you bolster your position with nothing better than the opinion of an unknown Associate Professor from Karachi? I though you were very much against opinions/analyses/speculations etc?

Again, you are doing the same things you accuse me of doing. It is a fact that the Haqqani network killed Shias in the Kurram Agency, particularly in the city of Parachinar.

According to the Ahlul Bayt News Agency of Iran, 25 Shias have been killed and 80 others injured In the Parachinar area in the Kurram Agency of the Federally-Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) of Pakistan during the last two weeks following attacks by members of the Haqqani network of the Afghan Taliban on the Kheyvas village in the Shaluzan Mountains. It claimed that the Shias put up a fierce resistance to the attack and managed to kill 10 members of the Taliban, including two commanders of the Haqqani network.

www.outlookindia.com | The Haqqani Network In Parachinar

In addition, the Haqqani network provides protection to international Al-Qaeda fighters that regard Pakistan their number one enemy.

Some other information:

The tribal elders reiterated that they will not allow their land to be used by terrorists or other countries. This resulted in a retaliation from the Taliban and Haqqani Network. They have been attacking Sahlozan with missiles and mortars regularly.

The Taliban also attached Turi-Bangash tribe in Balash Khel village, killing four and injuring seven tribesmen. The tribes retaliated, killing 19 Taliban along with two of their commanders. Then a strange thing happened. The security forces reached Khar Kali and Balash Khel villages and bombarded the fortifications of Turi-Bangash tribes and picked up the bodies of the slain Taliban.

Parachinar

So this is what I asked you for: Or, can you show of a single instance where someone important from the Haqqani Network was apprehended or killed by the Pakistani forces?

Pakistan has had to scale back troops from its Eastern border to conduct full scale operations on its Western front, & it is still short of resources. The drone strikes are handling the situation in North Waziristan. You're right, it's not incompetence, it is clearly logistical. Because Pakistan has already extended itself much more tackling its Western front than the forces in Afghanistan have. Pakistan has tackled much more than the forces in Afghanistan have. There are many more terrorist safe havens in Afghanistan untackled than there are in Pakistan. These are facts. Pakistan has conducted more thorough, extensive operations on its land than the forces in Afghanistan have in Afghanistan.

I think we are speculating and going off at a tangent. I think we should pay our condolences to the dead and family for now and allow the authorities to get to the bottom of this.

I have been right here. Reading how the TTP captured "boys" for crossing into Afghanistan. And how, many other different factions have been coming inside Pakistan to attack the civilians. Can you really cite those instances where Taliban was mentioned as the one infiltrating Pakistan and fighting Pakistani forces?

I'm not talking about the TTP kidnapping the boys dude, there have been hundreds & hundreds of Afghan terrorists (Afghani citizens) that have been infiltrating into Pakistan, into Upper Dir, Lower Dir, Bajaur, Chitral from Afghanistan over many months now. And they have killed many troops stationed at the Pakistani borders, because they were not resisted by the non-existent Afghan border forces.

Sure:

300 Taliban from Nuristan, Afghanistan infiltrate into Dir, killing 19 troops:

19 troops killed in Dir attack | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Six people killed in Pakistan's Bajaur Agency:

Several dead in Pakistan attacks - Central & South Asia - Al Jazeera English

Other events:

Afghan Terror Squads Hit Pakistan | Veterans Today

Taliban launch attack on Pakistani police outpost from Afghanistan - The Long War Journal

Seven killed AfghanTaliban overrun Dir post | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

http://www.thenewstribe.com/2011/07/09/30-afghan-militants-killed-in-upper-dir/

http://www.dawn.com/2011/06/05/afghan-govt-nato-asked-to-stop-infiltration-of-militants.html

Just 6 hours ago:

Protest: Locals express anger at Afghan Taliban infiltration – The Express Tribune

Your main grouse is for those that come from Afghanistan to attack Pakistani forces, but you never complained against those who came from Pakistan to attack NATO in Afghanistan. It was a very regular phenomenon throughout 2009-2010. Today, just the tables are turned.

There are a few differences. Firstly, Pakistani Army troops were never there in Afghanistan, like the ANA troops were in areas where extensive operations against terrorists are currently going on. Secondly, hundreds of terrorists were never able to infiltrate from Pakistan to Afghanistan for days, while hundreds of terrorists were given a free ride to do so from Afghanistan inside Pakistan by the Afghan forces. Thirdly, the troops deliberately abandoned their outposts in Kunar & other border areas to let the terrorists who fled from the Bajaur, Swat, Malakand operations in 2008 & 2009, vacating so that these terrorists that fled Pakistan could get their safe havens there. The Pakistan Forces never abandoned their outposts to let terrorists do that. So you can't compare Pakistan's actions to Afghanistan's. The US spends $110 billion on Afghanistan per year, & much of it goes on the ANA & the ANP. Pakistan only gets about 2% of that for its military. Yet, Pakistan has conducted more thorough operations than the ANA, NATO, US Forces combined over a larger area; & had even had to pull back troops from its Eastern border to stretch/overcompensate itself on the Western one.

I'm not talking about the TTP kidnapping the boys dude, there have been hundreds & hundreds of Afghan terrorists (Afghani citizens) that have been infiltrating into Pakistan, into Upper Dir, Lower Dir, Bajaur, Chitral from Afghanistan over many months now. And they have killed many troops stationed at the Pakistani borders, because they were not resisted by the non-existent Afghan border forces.

Sure:

300 Taliban from Nuristan, Afghanistan infiltrate into Dir, killing 19 troops:

19 troops killed in Dir attack | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Six people killed in Pakistan's Bajaur Agency:

Several dead in Pakistan attacks - Central & South Asia - Al Jazeera English

Other events:

Afghan Terror Squads Hit Pakistan | Veterans Today

Taliban launch attack on Pakistani police outpost from Afghanistan - The Long War Journal

Seven killed AfghanTaliban overrun Dir post | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

The News Tribe » 30 Afghan militants killed in Upper Dir

Afghan govt, Nato asked to stop infiltration of militants | Provinces | DAWN.COM

Just 6 hours ago:

Protest: Locals express anger at Afghan Taliban infiltration – The Express Tribune

Would you believe if I tell you that none of these attackers belonged to the Afghan Taliban?

"The Taliban" has become a general term here stating any terrorist activity emanating from the region. The same link you posted, the most credible one (LWJ), says of the incident:

Two major Taliban groups operate in the region, one commanded by Qari Zai Rahman, and another by Mullah Fazlullah.

Do you know they both are completely independent of the Afghan Taliban to which the Pakistani Army offers stake in Afghan government?

And your latest 6 hour old news from Express Tribune reveals so much more about the propaganda... Ehsanullah Ehsan a spokesman of Afghan Taliban?

Rather, here's the truth:

Fazlullah Wahidi, and the local Afghan Taliban commander all told AFP on Friday they were unaware of the incident.

Do you seriously read it as the Afghan Taliban whenever some independent faction goes on to attack anywhere?

There's a big difference between the Afghan Taliban, Haqqani Network, and all others being called just the Taliban everywhere.

Looks like this Zaid Hamid hogwash of 'good Taliban' (Afghan Taliban), 'bad Taliban' (TTP) has started affecting our neighbors as well, considering the fact that the tribal people in the FATA have overwhelmingly spoken & protested against the Afghan Taliban.

^^^^

Zaid hamid has more fans in Bharat than Pakistan.

Looks like this Zaid Hamid hogwash of 'good Taliban' (Afghan Taliban), 'bad Taliban' (TTP) has started affecting our neighbors as well, considering the fact that the tribal people in the FATA have overwhelmingly spoken & protested against the Afghan Taliban.

I didnt get the intention of your post, but We have always treated the TTP as the bad ones, they have been our enemy since day one.

Would you believe if I tell you that none of these attackers belonged to the Afghan Taliban?

Is this source reliable enough for you?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/02/world/asia/02pakistan.html

Afghan militants attack Pakistan border - World - CBC News

Do you know they both are completely independent of the Afghan Taliban to which the Pakistani Army offers stake in Afghan government?

Mullah Fazlullah is from the TTP, whereas Qari Zia Rehman is not from the TTP. Qari Zia Rehman is an Afghan citizen & belongs to the Afghan Taliban, Taliban leader in Konar & Nuristan Province. He was personally appointed by Mullah Umar in his Shoora Council.

There's a big difference between the Afghan Taliban, Haqqani Network, and all others being called just the Taliban everywhere.

You're telling me? What's your point. I have just shown you that the Afghan Taliban have attacked Pakistan. There is no fixed definition for the Afghan Taliban, but the groups with the leaderships made up of Afghan citizens are generally referred as the Afghan Taliban, whereas the TTP, which comprises of leadership made up of Pakistani citizens is the TTP. The Afghan Taliban got its birth in Afghanistan, whereas the TTP got its birth in the FATA regions of Pakistan. It's as simple as that. The Haqqani network was originally independent of the Mullah Umar Quetta Shoora, but later merged with it.

Is this source reliable enough for you?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/02/world/asia/02pakistan.html

Afghan militants attack Pakistan border - World - CBC News

Mullah Fazlullah is from the TTP, whereas Qari Zia Rehman is not from the TTP. Qari Zia Rehman is an Afghan citizen & belongs to the Afghan Taliban, Taliban leader in Konar & Nuristan Province. He was personally appointed by Mullah Umar.

You're telling me? What's your point. I have just shown you that the Afghan Taliban have attacked Pakistan. There is no fixed definition for the Afghan Taliban, but the groups with the leaderships made up of Afghan citizens are the Afghan Taliban, whereas the TTP, which comprises of leadership made up of Pakistani citizens is the TTP. It's as simple as that. The Haqqani network was originally independent of the Mullah Umar Quetta Shoora, but later merged with it.

I see you take every militant attack coming from Afghanistan side as the deed of the Taliban.

I have no problems with any links you post, they should simply be authentic when they talk of the attacks led by the Afghan Taliban.

Qari Zia Rehman with his group has deals done with the Taliban to attack NATO, in Afghanistan, but he is rather a member of al Qaeda.

Here Bilal, if you really want to get a hold of the situation, this is the document you should read.. It has all the verifiable footnotes and everything you may ever ask for:

Crisis State Research Center - THE SUN IN THE SKY: THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN PAKISTAN'S ISI AND AFGHAN INSURGENTS.

An abstract:
Although the Taliban has a strong endogenous impetus, according to Taliban commanders the ISI orchestrates, sustains and strongly influences the movement. They say it gives sanctuary to both Taliban and Haqqani groups, and provides huge support in terms of training, funding, munitions, and supplies. In their words, this is ‘as clear as the sun in the sky’.

The ISI even arrested and then released two Taliban leaders, Qayyum Zakir, the movement’s new military commander, and Mullah Abdul Raouf Khadem, reportedly now head of the Quetta Shura, who are among the three or four highest ranking in the movement below Mullah Omar.

I see you take every militant attack coming from Afghanistan side as the deed of the Taliban.

I have no problems with any links you post, they should simply be authentic when they talk of the attacks led by the Afghan Taliban.

Qari Zia Rehman with his group has deals done with the Taliban to attack NATO, in Afghanistan, but he is rather a member of al Qaeda.

Qari Zia Rehman is the Taliban commander in the Konar & Nuristan provinces. There is no evidence that suggests that he is an Al-Qaeda operative, only the opinion of the LWJ 's Bill Roggio.

Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

I suggest you read this article carefully.

Take Qari Ziaur Rahman, commander of the Taliban in Nooristan and Kunar provinces, which border Pakistan.

After his release, Ziaur was elevated from a military operations commander to the overall in-charge of the Taliban's affairs in Kunar and Nooristan. His duties include devising regional battle policies and arranging budgets. He also represents Kunar and Nooristan in Taliban leader Mullah Omar's shura (council).

Ziaur is widely tipped to become one of the most important Taliban commanders in the whole region.

The Afghan Taliban comprises mostly of Afghan citizens, not Pakistani citizens. Attacks from Afghan militants are from the Afghan Taliban. The attacks that come from non-Afghan militants into Pakistan are from the Al-Qaeda. It's pretty clear cut that the attacks were from the Afghan Taliban.

Here Bilal, if you really want to get a hold of the situation, this is the document you should read.. It has all the verifiable footnotes and everything you may ever ask for:

Crisis State Research Center - THE SUN IN THE SKY: THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN PAKISTAN'S ISI AND AFGHAN INSURGENTS.

An abstract:

Where have the Taliban said that the ISI gives sanctuary to the Taliban & Haqqani groups (which btw has merged with the Taliban)? The Taliban ambassador Saeed Hashmi clearly denies being aided by the ISI in an interview with Charlie Rose:

Watch it. The Western media has falsely misquoted, & in many cases, fabricated statements made by top Pakistani Army officials as well, & the Pakistan Army has even thought of suing them for slander. Again, just because they say it doesn't make it true, unless they provide concrete, undeniable, verifiable evidence that what they are saying is true. Until then, it is all propaganda, or at best, baseless speculation. Anyone can make up baseless claims, or even fake names for commanders.

Last edited by a moderator:
MIRAMSHAH: The Pakistani Taliban has claimed responsibility for twin suicide bombs in Quetta Wednesday that killed at least 24 people, saying they were to avenge the arrests of Al Qaeda operatives.

“We carried out the attacks,” Taliban spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan told AFP in a phone call from an undisclosed location.

He said the two bombs, which also wounded 82 people, were “to avenge the arrest of our mujahedin brothers by Pakistani security forces in Quetta recently”.

Asked whether he was referring to the arrests, announced Monday, of Younis al-Mauritani — believed to be a senior Al Qaeda leader who had planned attacks abroad — and two others, he said “Yes.”

“We will launch a bigger attack in future,” Ehsan said.

Pakistan said Monday that its forces had arrested al-Mauritani, described as a senior Al Qaeda leader believed to have been responsible for planning attacks on the United States, Europe and Australia.

He was picked up in the suburbs of Quetta — the main town in southwestern Balochistan province, bordering Afghanistan and Iran — along with two other high-ranking operatives after the US and Pakistani spy agencies joined forces.

The twin suicide bombs on Wednesday targeted Pakistan’s paramilitary force, the Frontier Corps which was responsible for the capture of the Al Qaeda operatives, police said.

One attacker detonated his bomb-laden car outside the residence of the deputy chief of the Frontier Corps in Quetta city, before a second attacker blew himself up inside the house, said senior police official Hamid Shakil.

The attack on the home of deputy chief Farrukh Shahzad wounded him, killed his wife and injured at least one of his children, security officials said.

http://www.dawn.com/2011/09/07/quetta-blasts-to-avenge-qaeda-arrests-taliban.html

Back
Top Bottom