What's new

Twin Blasts in Quetta, 15 dead

the border really needs to be sealed now and be dealt with a strong hand, there should be a notice of 1 month for everybody to go back to their homeland, and then the border be sealed, anybody has a problem with it, they can F off.

That is a prime need, because whenever these guys hear of any fighting going on, they load their guns on shoulders, and march off to help the brothers in need.

With sealed borders, the states will become more powerful and these factions will become easier to target and contain.

TTP b@stards knows nothing of Islam...avenging deaths of dere rats by killing innocents..what kind of Islam is this??...Ulemas in Pakistan should declare them kafirs and remove all these refugees from Pakistan!...f****** backstabbers

the hotbed of terrorism in Afghanistan is the areas bordering pakistan, helmand, Qandahar, Nuristan and Kunar, khost is also having huge problems, we surely got problem in other areas, but it is not very severe.

Yes, these border regions cause problems in Pakistan Western parts as well, especially when you look at all the terrorist infiltration from Afghanistan to Pakistan.

In Kunar & Nuristan, it is a safe haven for all the terrorists focused against Pakistan, & not Afghanistan as much. The casualty figures attest that fact as well.

But the fact is, Afghanistan faces much severe problems besides the regions bordering Pakistan. The IMU is based in Afghanistan, in regions far from the Pakistan border. The ETIM is based in Northern Afghanistan as well. The Chechen terrorism is based in Afghanistan as well. So essentially, besides the local groups, Afghanistan also faces international terrorism from ethnic groups wanting to get independence in Central Asia, as well as other parts of the world. Then on the Western border in Herat, Iran is allegedly supporting terrorism as well. So when you look at it, most of Afghanistan is faced with terrorism, from various different sources, most of which have nothing to do with Pakistan.

Yes, these border regions cause problems in Pakistan Western parts as well, especially when you look at all the terrorist infiltration from Afghanistan to Pakistan.

In Kunar & Nuristan, it is a safe haven for all the terrorists focused against Pakistan, & not Afghanistan as much. The casualty figures attest that fact as well.

But the fact is, Afghanistan faces much severe problems besides the regions bordering Pakistan. The IMU is based in Afghanistan, in regions far from the Pakistan border. The ETIM is based in Northern Afghanistan as well. The Chechen terrorism is based in Afghanistan as well. So essentially, besides the local groups, Afghanistan also faces international terrorism from ethnic groups wanting to get independence in Central Asia, as well as other parts of the world. Then on the Western border in Herat, Iran is allegedly supporting the Taliban as well. So when you look at it, most of Afghanistan is faced with terrorism, from various different sources, most of which have nothing to do with Pakistan.

as i said, we got problem in other parts as well, but it is the border area with pakistan which is very severe. the thing is, we faced terrorism for manymany years from paksitan side and our cries went on deaf ears, now you guys have the same thing from afghan soil which is very recently and you shout non stop. and about north, north is peaceful and having prospered over the last few years, yes we got problems in some parts of baghlan and qunduz, but it doesnt mean it is as bad as helmand and qandahar, as per herat, that is one of the provinces that is leading afghanistan in developemnt and security. yes there are problems which i dont deny, but they are non issue to our standard.

So based on one footnote that says he is Al-Qaeda, you have chosen to overlook all logical facts: that Al-Qaeda leaders & fighters are generally non-Pashtun & non-Afghans? Al-Qaeda operatives are foreign fighters, that need sanctuaries of local groups to survive. Qari Zia Rehman was a local fighter, an Afghan citizen, he gave refuge to international Al-Qaeda fighters as part of the Taliban commander in Kunar & Nuristan, but that is what local groups do. The Haqqani network gave refuge to the international Al-Qaeda fighters as well, that doesn't mean the group or its leadership is part of Al-Qaeda.

Dude, there's no rock solid foundation. It is a fact that he is the commander of the Kunar & Nuristan appointed by Mullah Umar, who gave shelter to international terrorists.

The footnote, was less of a footnote and more of a caption, and you should have seen whose page it was.

Anyway, here's what a document from the Naval Post Graduate School says:

Qari Zia Rahman: Qari Zia Rahman is a well known Taliban leader with strong ties to al Qaeda. He is allegedly from Kunar province and who operates in Pakistan’s Bajaur tribal agency as well as in Afghanistan’s Nuristan and Kunar provinces. The U.S. military eventually put a $350,000 bounty out on Qari Zia Rahman in 2008. Qari Zia Rahman has a long history with the “Afghan Arabs,” the foreign fighters who gravitated to Afghanistan in the 1980s to help Afghans fight against the Soviet occupation. His fighters allegedly consist of Arabs, Chechens and Central Asians. Pakistani officials claimed that Qari Zia Rahman and Faqir Mohammad were killed during an airstrike in the Mohmand Agency on March 5, 2010. Faqir Mohammad later appeared alive and told reporters that Qari Zia Rahman had survived the attack.

He may have been appointed by Mullah Umar, or he may not have been. I couldn't care less, you know why? Because times have changed, and so have the guns along with the times. Jalaluddin Haqqani was at one time a key recipient of US funding in the war against the Soviets. Today, the Haqqani Network is a pain for the US.

This is for you to say that Al Qaeda is only Arabs. Even Omar Saeed, before Daniel Pearl incident, was called the blue eyed baby of Osama. Omar Saeed is a Brit of Pakistani descent.

Again, there is no good with the Taliban, Pakistan knows that. I've quoted you multiple sources showing the Afghan Taliban & its Afghan fighters using terrorism against Pakistan.

As far as quoting a source goes, I quoted your own sources, and the undeniable sources from research entities. Even the Naval PG School, which, if lies, will be sending its students to be massacred.

as i said, we got problem in other parts as well, but it is the border area with pakistan which is very severe. the thing is, we faced terrorism for manymany years from paksitan side and our cries went on deaf ears, now you guys have the same thing from afghan soil which is very recently and you shout non stop. and about north, north is peaceful and having prospered over the last few years, yes we got problems in some parts of baghlan and qunduz, but it doesnt mean it is as bad as helmand and qandahar, as per herat, that is one of the provinces that is leading afghanistan in developemnt and security. yes there are problems which i dont deny, but they are non issue to our standard.

Again, Kandahar & Helmand cause problems for Pakistan as well, just look at the condition of Balochistan & the daily terrorism there. But the difference is, Afghanistan faces huge amounts of terrorism from places like Baghlan & Kunduz as well, the IMU being the main perpetrators, along with other ethnic terror groups fighting for independence. Pakistan has nothing to do with any of this. In fact, it is the Uzbek/Chechen etc terrorists from Afghanistan that also try to infiltrate from time to time into Pakistan, to cause terrorism inside Pakistan. Western parts of Afghanistan have huge terror problems as well, & Central Afghanistan is getting more Talibanized as well. So the fact of the matter is, most of Afghanistan's problems have nothing to do with Pakistan; but almost all of Pakistan's problems have to do with Afghanistan.

The footnote, was less of a footnote and more of a caption, and you should have seen whose page it was.

Anyway, here's what a document from the Naval Post Graduate School says:

This is exactly what I said. He is a Taliban leader, not an Al-Qaeda one. You kept insisting he was an Al-Qaeda leader & had dealings with the Taliban. He has strong ties with international Al-Qaeda terrorists, giving them shelter. This is what the Haqqanis do as well, but it doesn't make them Al-Qaeda, or its leaders al-Qaeda leaders. International Al-Qaeda terrorists are not familiar with the terrain, the local conditions, the language, the culture, even religious ideological differences (Al-Qaeda terrorists are Salafis, Taliban are Deobandis): they need shelter & protection from local groups to survive in the region. Qari Zia Rehman was that person. He was an Afghan citizen familiar with the Kunar & Nuristan area, & this is where he gave the Al-Qaeda terrorists refuge. This is common understanding.

So, blame Pakistan for all your problems eh? How, ? did the US have no part in it.? First the ruskies came, then you guys fought in between yourselves and the Taliban and the Northern Alliance, and now this.

This is exactly what I said. He is a Taliban leader, not an Al-Qaeda one. You kept insisting he was an Al-Qaeda leader & had dealings with the Taliban. He has strong ties with international Al-Qaeda terrorists, giving them shelter. This is what the Haqqanis do as well, but it doesn't make them Al-Qaeda, or its leaders al-Qaeda leaders. International Al-Qaeda terrorists are not familiar with the terrain, the local conditions, the language, the culture, even religious ideological differences (Al-Qaeda terrorists are Salafis, Taliban are Deobandis): they need shelter & protection from local groups to survive in the region. Qari Zia Rehman was that person. He was an Afghan citizen familiar with the Kunar & Nuristan area, & this is where he gave the Al-Qaeda terrorists refuge. This is common understanding.

I do not know if I can upload a document here, so I will post the heading of the document (that I quoted) for you. It is the TTP they are talking about, and not the Afghan Taliban.

304968_10150274820896744_579281743_8322675_1105184943_n.jpg

For the sake of brevity, they used the term "Taliban" in the entire document. The document focuses on nothing but the TTP. And Qari, who you think is from Afghan Taliban, and yet attacks Pakistan, acts more a facilitator to the TTP.

That guy's arena is Afghanistan, and that is how we see incidents taking place in Afghanistan and yet the TTP claiming them. For example: The recent kidnapping of 40 boys.

---------------

About Al Qaeda with which he has strong ties... and I am quoting the US Department of Homeland Security here:

Al-Qaeda probably has several thousand members and associates. The arrests of senior-level al-Qaeda operatives have interrupted some terrorist plots. Also serves as a focal point or umbrella organization for a worldwide network that includes many Sunni Islamic extremist groups, some members of al-Gama'a al-isiamiyya, the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, and the Harakat ul-Mujahidin.

I hope I do not have to tell you that the IMU has been sheltered by the TTP. They all have mutually shared goals, and attacking Pakistani Establishment is one of them.

That is the reason you see these attacks of Qari coming from Afghanistan side. The Afghan Taliban will clear off of all the attacks taking place in Pakistan. At one time, the Afghan Taliban spokesman (I am forgot the name) went on to say that the A.T. condemns all the attacks against the Pakistani Army.

I hope now you see how those skewed yet blurry lines are drawn between friends and foes.

I do not know if I can upload a document here, so I will post the heading of the document (that I quoted) for you. It is the TTP they are talking about, and not the Afghan Taliban.

304968_10150274820896744_579281743_8322675_1105184943_n.jpg

For the sake of brevity, they used the term "Taliban" in the entire document. The document focuses on nothing but the TTP. And Qari, who you think is from Afghan Taliban, and yet attacks Pakistan, acts more a facilitator to the TTP.

That guy's arena is Afghanistan, and that is how we see incidents taking place in Afghanistan and yet the TTP claiming them. For example: The recent kidnapping of 40 boys.

He facilitates the TTP fighters, just like he facilitates Al-Qaeda fighters. But that doesn't mean he is part of either. As I explained to you before, the Haqqanis are accused of giving refuge to Uzbek & other Arab fighters, but that doesn't them part of the Al-Qaeda. For simplicity purposes: the leadership of a group that is made up of Afghan Pashtuns is known as the Afghan Taliban, the leadership of a group that is made up of Pakistani Pashtuns from the FATA regions is known as TTP, the leadership of a group made up of international terrorists is Al-Qaeda. The Afghan Taliban got its birth in Afghanistan, whereas the TTP got its birth in Pakistan's FATA regions. Qari Zia Rehman is an Afghan citizen, he was appointed the commander of the Kunar & Nuristan provinces by Mullah Umar in his Shoora, he is like an Administrative leader of the Afghan Taliban. He gave shelter to both TTP & Al-Qaeda fighters.

P.S. And btw, I have read this document in great detail. I believe its the Jamestown edition or something. It talks in detail about the Afghan Taliban & the TTP. I have the PDF format.

I don't know who is behind these bomb blasts in Quetta but during the last few decades far more people have been killed in Quetta in sectarian attacks than in "Taliban" related terrorism. The Sunni sectarian trrorists who were unleashed on the minorities by the army (or say Zia, if it makes any difference) are the real menace to the peace loving Hazara community of Quetta, Ahmedis of Punjab or Shias of Parachinar, and it should be mentioned that Afghanistan has absolutely nothing to do with the rampant sectarian disharmony and hatred in Pakistan.

Col Khalid of 74 LC and Mrs. Brig. Shahzad among the deceased. Sad.

Back
Top Bottom