What's new

Twin Blasts in Quetta, 15 dead

Qari Zia Rehman is the Taliban commander in the Konar & Nuristan provinces. There is no evidence that suggests that he is an Al-Qaeda operative, only the opinion of the LWJ 's Bill Roggio.

Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

I suggest you read this article carefully.

The Afghan Taliban comprises mostly of Afghan citizens, not Pakistani citizens. Attacks from Afghan militants are from the Afghan Taliban. The attacks that come from non-Afghan militants into Pakistan are from the Al-Qaeda. It's pretty clear cut that the attacks were from the Afghan Taliban.

Saleem Shahzad, the slain journalist?

You mean this guy?

59942_431694577911_724542911_5185410_6225827_n.jpg

The footnote (Written by Saleem Shahzad) reads: Along with Commander n Chief of Al-Qaeda Qari Ziaur Rahman linked Taliban group in Kunar-Nuristan-Bajaur and Mohmand May 2008

And you know what, at one time just to save his skin from the numerous intermittent attacks, even Baitullah Mehsud claimed that he considered Mullah Umar his Emir ul Momineen. Does it make them same? Absolutely not.

Saleem Shahzad, the slain journalist?

You mean this guy?

59942_431694577911_724542911_5185410_6225827_n.jpg

The footnote (Written by Saleem Shahzad) reads: Along with Commander n Chief of Al-Qaeda Qari Ziaur Rahman linked Taliban group in Kunar-Nuristan-Bajaur and Mohmand May 2008

And you know what, at one time just to save his skin from the numerous intermittent attacks, even Baitullah Mehsud claimed that he considered Mullah Umar his Emir ul Momineen. Does it make them same? Absolutely not.

Dude, he is not Al-Qaeda, he was personally appointed by Mullah Umar to be the commander of Kunar & Nooristan. That alone shows he was not an Al-Qaeda leader. Just because he interacted with a lot of Arab fighters does not make him an Al-Qaeda commander. Baitullah Mehsud has nothing to do with Mullah Umar, Mullah Umar got allegiance from the 'old school fighters', whereas Mehsud only came into the scene in 2007. Again, just because a footnote says that, you're choosing to ignore all the factual evidence I've provided in the article?

The Afghan Taliban have repeatedly attacked Pakistan, & tried to infiltrate Afghan terrorists into Pakistan, I've even given you evidence quoting the New York Times, but you choose to overlook it.

MIRAMSHAH: The Pakistani Taliban has claimed responsibility for twin suicide bombs in Quetta Wednesday that killed at least 24 people, saying they were to avenge the arrests of Al Qaeda operatives.

“We carried out the attacks,” Taliban spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan told AFP in a phone call from an undisclosed location.

He said the two bombs, which also wounded 82 people, were “to avenge the arrest of our mujahedin brothers by Pakistani security forces in Quetta recently”.

Asked whether he was referring to the arrests, announced Monday, of Younis al-Mauritani — believed to be a senior Al Qaeda leader who had planned attacks abroad — and two others, he said “Yes.”

“We will launch a bigger attack in future,” Ehsan said.

Pakistan said Monday that its forces had arrested al-Mauritani, described as a senior Al Qaeda leader believed to have been responsible for planning attacks on the United States, Europe and Australia.

He was picked up in the suburbs of Quetta — the main town in southwestern Balochistan province, bordering Afghanistan and Iran — along with two other high-ranking operatives after the US and Pakistani spy agencies joined forces.

The twin suicide bombs on Wednesday targeted Pakistan’s paramilitary force, the Frontier Corps which was responsible for the capture of the Al Qaeda operatives, police said.

One attacker detonated his bomb-laden car outside the residence of the deputy chief of the Frontier Corps in Quetta city, before a second attacker blew himself up inside the house, said senior police official Hamid Shakil.

The attack on the home of deputy chief Farrukh Shahzad wounded him, killed his wife and injured at least one of his children, security officials said.

Quetta blasts to avenge Qaeda arrests: Taliban | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

The fact that the NATO Forces refuse to take actions against the safe havens in Afghanistan where the top TTP leaders & fighters get their sanctuary will only result in more attacks on Pakistan.

The fact that the NATO Forces refuse to take actions against the safe havens in Afghanistan where the top TTP leaders & fighters get their sanctuary will only result in more attacks on Pakistan.

well, you ignore haqani and they ignore the TTP, but fact is, we are fighting the TTP while you are ignoring the haqanis.

Dude, he is not Al-Qaeda, he was personally appointed by Mullah Umar to be the commander of Kunar & Nooristan.

That alone shows he was not an Al-Qaeda leader.

I guess I have to tell you this as well - Any group that wants to extract a lot of 'contribution' from the people, may vow its allegiance to the Afghan Taliban, which holds much respect in comparison to other groups. This guy has been sending a great chunk of that "extracted contribution" Mullah Umar's way.

Just because he interacted with a lot of Arab fighters does not make him an Al-Qaeda commander. Baitullah Mehsud has nothing to do with Mullah Umar, Mullah Umar got allegiance from the 'old school fighters', whereas Mehsud only came into the scene in 2007. Again, just because a footnote says that, you're choosing to ignore all the factual evidence I've provided in the article?

You are saying exactly what I was saying - Baitullah Mehsud had nothing to with Mullah Umar. But he did at one time tried to (unsuccessfully) link himself with the Afghan Taliban.

And the facts I am ignoring - none. You know why? Because the facts you stated were written by Saleem Shahzad. And the footnote and the photograph I posted, was too, written by Saleem Shahzad. We both are quoting the same person, aren't we?

The Afghan Taliban have repeatedly attacked Pakistan, & tried to infiltrate Afghan terrorists into Pakistan, I've even given you evidence quoting the New York Times, but you choose to overlook it.

I did not choose to overlook, rather I provided you with the material of substance and rock solid foundation. I even told you it has all the footnotes you may require to check its veracity, but it seems you chose to ignore it.

Please do read it for once, I request you, after all I read all of yours, so please... It has many revelations, none baseless.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

One more thing Bilal; I want you to look at it with a different point of view, for once.

The ISI would not care about the attacks in Pakistan or on Pakistani citizens so much, as long as it serves its purpose of keeping good with the Taliban that is still holding on to its hopes to get back to power in Afghanistan.

well, you ignore haqani and they ignore the TTP, but fact is, we are fighting the TTP while you are ignoring the haqanis.

The Haqqanis are being taken care of by the drones, violence in Khost & the surrounding areas is much lower than the ones in other parts of Afghanistan:

unledhpd.png

Deny it all you want, but the problems clearly lie elsewhere that aren't being addressed:

Because insurgent activity was negligible until recently, the NATO troop presence in Parwan and nearby provinces was kept to a minimum. Since NATO ousted the Taliban from parts of Helmand Province last year, however, the insurgents have worked to expand their influence from the predominantly Pashtun south to the more ethnically diverse northern and central provinces. With most Afghan and NATO troops stationed in the southern and eastern parts of the country, security in once-peaceful regions has deteriorated, as the Taliban attempt to demoralize NATO and undermine support for the mission in coalition countries by demonstrating the breath of their reach.

Using diverse tactics -- pitting communities against each other in some cases, preying on people's frustration with the government in others, and employing classic intimidation in large measures -- insurgents have seized territory in northern provinces such as Kunduz, Baghlan, and Badakhshan, where they previously had slight influence.

The Taliban's spread to the north of the country has been noted for some time, but the spike in insurgent activity in the central provinces is a more recent phenomenon. It is not unique to Parwan. In Kapisa, which also borders Kabul, a suicide bomber killed five French soldiers last month. To the west, in Wardark, security has been deteriorating since 2009, but attacks have recently been creeping closer to Kabul. Last week, five police officers and three intelligence agents were abducted by the Taliban in the Maydan Shah area and beheaded. The proximity of these incidents to the capital further entrenches the impression that the government's writ does not extend outside of Kabul.

Erin Fitzgerald: The Talibanization of Central Afghanistan

Bilal, the drone attacks are not doing much to eliminate the haqanis, it is the ground asault which is needed to take care of them. and to be honest with you, if it wasnt the americans pressure, the drones was also out question. on the other hand,fifht with the ttp and AT are constantly going in our side.

I guess I have to tell you this as well - Any group that wants to extract a lot of 'contribution' from the people, may vow its allegiance to the Afghan Taliban, which holds much respect in comparison to other groups. This guy has been sending a great chunk of that "extracted contribution" Mullah Umar's way.

So based on one footnote that says he is Al-Qaeda, you have chosen to overlook all logical facts: that Al-Qaeda leaders & fighters are generally non-Pashtun & non-Afghans? Al-Qaeda operatives are foreign fighters, that need sanctuaries of local groups to survive. Qari Zia Rehman was a local fighter, an Afghan citizen, he gave refuge to international Al-Qaeda fighters as part of the Taliban commander in Kunar & Nuristan, but that is what local groups do. The Haqqani network gave refuge to the international Al-Qaeda fighters as well, that doesn't mean the group or its leadership is part of Al-Qaeda.

You are saying exactly what I was saying - Baitullah Mehsud had nothing to with Mullah Umar. But he did at one time tried to (unsuccessfully) link himself with the Afghan Taliban.

So what's your point?

I did not choose to overlook, rather I provided you with the material of substance and rock solid foundation. I even told you it has all the footnotes you may require to check its veracity, but it seems you chose to ignore it.

Dude, there's no rock solid foundation. It is a fact that he is the commander of the Kunar & Nuristan appointed by Mullah Umar, who gave shelter to international terrorists.

The ISI would not care about the attacks in Pakistan or on Pakistani citizens so much, as long as it serves its purpose of keeping good with the Taliban that is still holding on to its hopes to get back to power in Afghanistan.

Again, there is no good with the Taliban, Pakistan knows that. I've quoted you multiple sources showing the Afghan Taliban & its Afghan fighters using terrorism against Pakistan.

the border really needs to be sealed now and be dealt with a strong hand, there should be a notice of 1 month for everybody to go back to their homeland, and then the border be sealed, anybody has a problem with it, they can F off.

Bilal, the drone attacks are not doing much to eliminate the haqanis, it is the ground asault which is needed to take care of them. and to be honest with you, if it wasnt the americans pressure, the drones was also out question. on the other hand,fifht with the ttp and AT are constantly going in our side.

Look at the chart, & then read the article I posted carefully (in Post #82). You shall see that the terrorism caused by the Haqqanis in Afghanistan is like a fish in a pond, very minimal looking at the regions where maximum terrorism has taken place in Afghanistan. Northern & Central Afghanistan face more of a threat from terrorism than from Khost, Paktia where the Haqqanis operate; & this terrorism has nothing to do with Pakistan, or its neighboring provinces.

Look at the chart, & then read the article I posted carefully (in Post #82). You shall see that the terrorism caused by the Haqqanis in Afghanistan is like a fish in a pond, very minimal looking at where maximum terrorism has taken place in Afghanistan. Northern & Central Afghanistan face more of a threat from terrorism than from Khost, Paktia where the Haqqanis operate; & this terrorism has nothing to do with Pakistan, or its neighboring provinces.

so you mean that the haqanis are nothing and in effetual? they are responsible for the very deadliest attacks in afghanistan.

Have the NATO and yanks done anything in Kunar, i dont think so.

When the ISAF pulls out, the Taliban will again take control of majority areas of Afghanistan, and then again, there will be backalley links and talks, and they will get what they want, then only TTP will be the real thorn.

so you mean that the haqanis are nothing and in effetual? they are responsible for the very deadliest attacks in afghanistan.

The figures posted on the chart clearly state otherwise, because these provinces have much lesser deaths from terrorism than other Afghan provinces that are not bordering Pakistan. And the article I posted clearly shows that the threat of terrorism does not mainly come from the provinces bordering Pakistan, but everywhere else.

The figures posted on the chart clearly state otherwise, because these provinces have much lesser deaths from terrorism than other Afghan provinces that are not bordering Pakistan. And the article I posted clearly shows that the threat of terrorism does not mainly come from the provinces bordering Pakistan, but everywhere else.

the hotbed of terrorism in Afghanistan is the areas bordering pakistan, helmand, Qandahar, Nuristan and Kunar, khost is also having huge problems, we surely got problem in other areas, but it is not very severe.

Back
Top Bottom