What's new

Turkiye a NATO Member? Think Again

I can also bully, It looks like we have to sink the 6th fleet to the bottom of the mediterranean before dealing with Israel and you have to say goodbye to your ambitions in middle-east...

Ok, think carefully of what you are saying. War is not a joke. Its easy for an armchair warrior like you to talk about sinking the 6th fleet and attacking Israel. But do u have ANY idea of the consequences involved? You are talking of all out war on two military powers, both nuclear armed. You talk as if its like squishing bugs under your feet. The question is, how much are you willing to sacrifice, to satisfy your ego? Do u think the destruction of the 6th fleet or an all out attack on Israel will not escalate into a nuclear conflict?

War is not a joke kid. People die. Imagine the body of your relatives coming back draped in a flag, before you open your mouth. Its easy to sit in front of a computer and talk bullsh*t. Go ask any soldier, of any country if he WANTS a war. Its only idiotic fanboys who will talk of war like its a football game.

War is not a joke kid. People die. Imagine the body of your relatives coming back draped in a flag, before you open your mouth. Its easy to sit in front of a computer and talk bullsh*t. Go ask any soldier, of any country if he WANTS a war. Its only idiotic fanboys who will talk of war like its a football game.

of course i know, it was an answer to that micamarvin idiot...

In fact US and UK are Turkey's supporters for joining EU

and How small its turkey to USA....? do you truly want to Engage us...:usflag: do you know what happened to hiroshima

and you know what happen in NY on 9/11 :yahoo:

shame on you being american, i think usa will remian out of this as we are verybusy in afghanistan and our economy is very down...

God bless USA and now dont mess with Muslims they got thier nukes too so i wish our leaders understand this is stay out of any fight for israel

:usflag::usflag::pakistan::pakistan:

Is membership in NATO a prerequiste for EU membership? While NATO get access to facilities and manpower of Turkiye, what does Turkiye get from membership in NATO?

At one time it made sense, there was a soviet threat and all that, but the Soviets are history - so, what's the rationale for continued membership? What can NATO do for Turkiye that Turkiye cannot do for itself?

Is membership in NATO a prerequiste for EU membership? While NATO get access to facilities and manpower of Turkiye, what does Turkiye get from membership in NATO?

At one time it made sense, there was a soviet threat and all that, but the Soviets are history - so, what's the rationale for continued membership? What can NATO do for Turkiye that Turkiye cannot do for itself?

That nuclear sharing is pretty nice :lol:

NATO provides a common ground so i think from that view it is still useful. As far as protection from other countries that depends highly on diplomatic relations of that country with other NATO states.

The Turks should smell coffee and wake up..They are only fooling themselves by trying to blend into Europe,EU or whatever..
No matter how many of their women run around with bare chests and bottoms,trying to look like western women..Europe will never accept them as one of their own...Neither will NATO..

post reported....dont make generalizations like that.

I lived in Turkiye, and I can attest to you that. ''Bare chest and bottoms'' comment was totally uncalled for. And even if it were true, it's nobody else's business.

as for EU prospectives, i dont see it happening anytime soon. But nationalism is on the rise in Europe; EU is only most beneficial to the 2 big industrial powerhouses France and Germany. Where was EU effectiveness in preventing Greece from defaulting?

I personally think Turkiye is best off WITHOUT EU. Turks will realize this soon. It is, however, in EU's interest to have at least one Muslim majority (secular) country have membership

A friend of mine works for a company that "facilitates" - he told me that some of the humanitarian aid US send, was openned and it was rifles for PKK.

Germany has doctors and NGOs who are on the ground in Iraqi Kurdish areas, providing medical relief and support to PKK/Peshmerga fighters.

France also has done so in the past. I dont know if this is their official state policy.

PKK is an internationally recognized terrorist organization. It's a shame that many arms and ammunitions meant for Iraqi forces have sometimes ended up in the hands of PKK/PJAK/etc.

actually, i think we should offer full support to Turkiye. Few people know that there is some low-level cooperation between PKK and the Marxist Baluch rebels; they sympathize with eachothers causes and this is a matter of concern

Israel never was friend with Hamas or Harriri.

Oh really???? Think again ;)

who promoted the creation of HAMAS in order to counter Arafat's PLO? Who aims (gains) the most to politically and even ideologically divide Palestinians?

Israeli relationships with Turkey or Iran have nothing to do with Israeli actions but ambitions of Khomeini and Erdogan.

did you really just compare Erdogan with Khomeini????? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That nuclear sharing is pretty nice
Jigs

I don't know about Jigs, they didn't lift a finger to keep Turkish citizens from harm by Israelis, you think they will share nukes - that's kinda optimistic.

at Incirlik Air Force Base there is said to be between 80-100 nuclear weapons for NATO forces

we know however that israils ally (USA) would allow full control of those weapons......I doubt things will ever get to the point where Turkiye and israil are threatening eachother with nukes.

and it would be suicidal of israil to pick a fight with Turkiye...if israil begins to acknowledge they have a nuclear stockpile (which we know they do) then Iran will have more than enough justification to announce its possesion of nuclear weapons as well

i see israil as a huge threat to peace in the Middle East region.....the presence of a hawk as prime minister makes the situation even more dangerous.

Oh really???? Think again ;)

who promoted the creation of HAMAS in order to counter Arafat's PLO? Who aims (gains) the most to politically and even ideologically divide Palestinians?
Really. Israel did support Yassin and his guys in 70-es, early 80-es, when they held Islamic charity and stuff. But then they started gathering arms burned some alcohol stores and cinemas in Gaza, so they were arrested by Israel in 1984. Hamas was formed in 1987 and from very beginning it had very hostile to Israel ideology.

did you really just compare Erdogan with Khomeini????? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I did not say they are same, but there are similarities. Both are pan Islamist rather than nationalists, unlike previous leaders.

Pan Islamist bad - EU Christian club good - Jews around the world do not care about Israel? Be fair 500 -

Pan Islamist bad - EU Christian club good - Jews around the world do not care about Israel? Be fair 500 -
I did not say anything about good and bad. I just said that worsening relationships with Turkey and Iran had nothing to do with Israeli actions, but internal politics issue.

For example in 1979, when Iran broke ties with Israel, Israel signed agreement with Egypt pulling out from Sinai. On the other hand in 1967, when Israel occupied Sinai, Iran did not care and kept friendship with Israel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom