What's new

Turkish Tea House

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ghara ghan
download (2).jpg

Last edited:
What the hell man why do they ban everything ? but there is no point o asking why, we know why, soon our retards will start banning as well.

No probelm any time. Your right about keeping whatever capabilities one has. Once its gone you have to start from 0.

Indeed.Speaking with people involeved in our Armed Forces it looks like the sheer stubborness of our military men kept some of our capabilities on life support.For example if you look at our immediate neighbours,let's say artillery/tanks,they're almost gone while our guys did a tremendous effort just to keep T55, tanks alive and running (around 500).I was wondering why the hell would you bother to keep those rust buckets alive when in reality only our 60 T85 M1 are worthy MBT's ? They told me it's important to have them as fighting units just to have the numbers for crews and training.Once they're gone ,it's bye bye for ever like in Hungary ,Slovakia,Bulgaria,Slovakia.

The same with artillery ,we've managed to have a fully equipped LAROM 122-160 mm MLRS batallion (54 pieces) but because we couldn't afford more until now we've still kept some 150 Apra 40 122mm (an upgrade of Grad rocket launcher).The same with heavy tracked howitzers,hundreds are still fielded (105mm,152 mm).While our neighbours lost almost all tanks (or have ridiculous numbers-15-30 the most),artillery ( be it MLRS,howitzers-nonexistent in their armies) we still have the capabilities today and because the Armed Forces will start getting more funds we can replace them steadily with the man power/training facilities still intact.

Last but not least,even if our arms industry was ransacked after 1990 we're still able to produce ammunitions,low grade weapons,indigenous rockets even for the modern indigenous built MLRS LAROM (45 KM range),ATROM self propelled 155mm howitzer,maintain and upgrade ourselves all of the current artillery,all of our helicopter fleet,we can still build our own indigenous APC's (The SAUR 2 is entering this year ,that's why further purchase of Piranha was stopped) and IFV's.even army trucks.It may not seem much,but as i've said,as i look around in the neighborhood ,i'm starting to be gratefull for what we have and after what Russia is doing the hike in defence budget just became a reality.

@Targon bro there are so many WHY i wanna ask but there is no ears to Listen

Indeed.Speaking with people involeved in our Armed Forces it looks like the sheer stubborness of our military men kept some of our capabilities on life support.For example if you look at our immediate neighbours,let's say artillery/tanks,they're almost gone while our guys did a tremendous effort just to keep T55, tanks alive and running (around 500).I was wondering why the hell would you bother to keep those rust buckets alive when in reality only our 60 T85 M1 are worthy MBT's ? They told me it's important to have them as fighting units just to have the numbers for crews and training.Once they're gone ,it's bye bye for ever like in Hungary ,Slovakia,Bulgaria,Slovakia.

The same with artillery ,we've managed to have a fully equipped LAROM 122-160 mm MLRS batallion (54 pieces) but because we couldn't afford more until now we've still kept some 150 Apra 40 122mm (an upgrade of Grad rocket launcher).The same with heavy tracked howitzers,hundreds are still fielded (105mm,152 mm).While our neighbours lost almost all tanks (or have ridiculous numbers-15-30 the most),artillery ( be it MLRS,howitzers-nonexistent in their armies) we still have the capabilities today and because the Armed Forces will start getting more funds we can replace them steadily with the man power/training facilities still intact.

Last but not least,even if our arms industry was ransacked after 1990 we're still able to produce ammunitions,low grade weapons,indigenous rockets even for the modern indigenous built MLRS LAROM (45 KM range),ATROM self propelled 155mm howitzer,maintain and upgrade ourselves all of the current artillery,all of our helicopter fleet,we can still build our own indigenous APC's (The SAUR 2 is entering this year ,that's why further purchase of Piranha was stopped) and IFV's.even army trucks.It may not seem much,but as i've said,as i look around in the neighborhood ,i'm starting to be gratefull for what we have and after what Russia is doing the hike in defence budget just became a reality.
The Romanian Army actually isnt that bad. Its good enough for the defence of romania thats for sure. Also alot of the equipment is made in romania so that is a bonus aswell.

The Romanian Army actually isnt that bad. Its good enough for the defence of romania thats for sure. Also alot of the equipment is made in romania so that is a bonus aswell.

Not bad compared to the immediate neighbours,because theirs is almost non existent.Pretty outdated for modern warfare though,hope the modernisation plan until 2020 is fully implemented and i'll be happy.

Not bad compared to the immediate neighbours,because theirs is almost non existent.Pretty outdated for modern warfare though,hope the modernisation plan until 2020 is fully implemented and i'll be happy.
What are some of the future plans?

What are some of the future plans?

by 2020:

1.36-48 F16's.
2.At least another 160mm LAROM batallion (54 pieces) and a 300 mm MLRS batallion similar to the israeli Lynx.
3.SAUR 2 APC replacing older soviet models and a new IFV program.
4.Air defence missiles,CIWS's,upgrade of radars-combat system for the frigates.
5. 4 new corvettes,new missile boats,new mine hunters for the Navy.
6.More PUMA naval/ASW helicopters
7.Upgrade of the T85 M1 tanks and possible purchases of second hand tanks (Leo 2 A4 from other countries stocks)
8.Upgrade of the Hawk air defence system.
9.Long range air defence systems (program runnig right now-most likely 4-6 Patriot PAC 2 or 3 batteries-possibly SH)
10.Medium air defence systems to replace soviet style ones-Israeli SPYDER,NASAMS,VL MICA-initially MICA was selected in 200-2007,then came the crisis, it got canceled,it got reopened recently but starting from a new selection.
11.Upgrading the transport/attack helicopter fleet or start a new program for new ones -i think they'll go for upgrades due to cost(new ones after 2020)
12.New VSHORAD systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom