What's new

Turkish Tea House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bhawawawawaawawwa.... :D

Someone needs to give you restaurant guide on best beyti places in EVERY city..... :woot:

Simdi, ben aciktim..... :undecided:

İşyerine yakın bi yerde. Çetin Emeç tarafında. Kebap 95'miydi neydi hatırlamıyorum. :) Güzeldi ama.

Normal'de öğlen ev yemeği yerim. Sırf Dünkü konuşmalardan dolayı yedim.

İşte bu yüzden benim karnımı acıktırdınız! Bir gün mangala gittiğimde dolu fotoğraf çekip üstüne sizi etiketleyip burda paylaşmayan ne olsun :hitwall:

No pics of Tavuk şiş ?

ay_tavuk_sis.gif

DSCN0881.JPG

Well maybe in the future they can collide with USA, but current situation is that they can still be pressured by them.
UK is a hardcore supporter of Turkish membership as well.

Only one's bothering are Germany and France due to their loss of power within the e.u.

Well, we'll see in the next couple of years what their intentions are.

Show me one example in the last 10 years when EU was forced to do something against her will by the US.
Everybody is saying that the EU is collapsing and reeling from economic pressure but i advise you to take a closer more carefull look at the situation.This whole crisis is actually beeing used by the elites to bring even more EU to the member states.Under the guise of financial stability more and more power is taken from the national states and redirected towards european hands and the flock is buying it with the exception beeing the UK and some local politicians without great power.The situation is so bad that starting from the first of july a new member state is beeing admitted.My opinion is that the rulling politicians know that Europe will survive this crises and are using it to strenghten the Union,the EU is not a sleeping giant but a foxy one skillfully exploiting the circumstances to gain more power while appearing weak and in dissaray.They don't want to be seen as ones grabbing for superpower status or world hegemony but peacefull merchants while at the same time the debate about a common european army is more and more actual.I don't think that they are necesarilly thinking about world domination but the bigger states like France,Germany,UK,Italy know that alone they will be easy pickings for the US,an emergent China or even Russia and their only chance is the EU,it's not an easy thing to achieve what they're trying but the project is actually marching on undeterred despite appearences.The UK leans towards the US because of their common history,they are almost brotherly nations but the others like France,Germany and the rest see the US like a child trying to educate the ancient parent,this is their piece of the world,the Old World and they don't like beeing told what to do,alone they are weak,France,unlike Britain tried to hold by force to most of its colonial empire but lost,Germany tried to impose her hegemony in two world wars but lost but now they solved the riddle:despite their technical prowess,power or pride the world is to big for them alone,they lack the manpower and the resources and so they found a solution:bring a whole continent who despite differences share mainly a common culture together and start a new.

Anyway this is my impression formed on reading and endless discussions with others but i strongly think that those who say that the Old Continent is dead and burried will have a huge surprise in the next 20-30 years or so.

@Waz

This keema paratha. Is it a turkic dish?

Keema means ground beef in Turkish that's why I ask.

You know Our language name Urdu is a turkish wors meaning Army? Many turkish words borrowed in to Urdu. keema is also a word in Urdu but with a slight altered meaning, Keema in urdu means minced beef meat.

And Paratah is oily bread that we eat in pakistan

Show me one example in the last 10 years when EU was forced to do something against her will by the US.
Everybody is saying that the EU is collapsing and reeling from economic pressure but i advise you to take a closer more carefull look at the situation.This whole crisis is actually beeing used by the elites to bring even more EU to the member states.Under the guise of financial stability more and more power is taken from the national states and redirected towards european hands and the flock is buying it with the exception beeing the UK and some local politicians without great power.The situation is so bad that starting from the first of july a new member state is beeing admitted.My opinion is that the rulling politicians know that Europe will survive this crises and are using it to strenghten the Union,the EU is not a sleeping giant but a foxy one skillfully exploiting the circumstances to gain more power while appearing weak and in dissaray.They don't want to be seen as ones grabbing for superpower status or world hegemony but peacefull merchants while at the same time the debate about a common european army is more and more actual.I don't think that they are necesarilly thinking about world domination but the bigger states like France,Germany,UK,Italy know that alone they will be easy pickings for the US,an emergent China or even Russia and their only chance is the EU,it's not an easy thing to achieve what they're trying but the project is actually marching on undeterred despite appearences.The UK leans towards the US because of their common history,they are almost brotherly nations but the others like France,Germany and the rest see the US like a child trying to educate the ancient parent,this is their piece of the world,the Old World and they don't like beeing told what to do,alone they are weak,France,unlike Britain tried to hold by force to most of its colonial empire but lost,Germany tried to impose her hegemony in two world wars but lost but now they solved the riddle:despite their technical prowess,power or pride the world is to big for them alone,they lack the manpower and the resources and so they found a solution:bring a whole continent who despite differences share mainly a common culture together and start a new.

Anyway this is my impression formed on reading and endless discussions with others but i strongly think that those who say that the Old Continent is dead and burried will have a huge surprise in the next 20-30 years or so.

Mate who said europe died?

The matter of fact is wether we like it or not, usa is still a superpower and has very much influence on the nato members.
İn the near future this will remain. İf today USA would go to a war, they will still drag half of the e.u with them.

Now if the future is prosperous for the e.u, they will indeed get rid of this american influence in the next 20 -30 year.
Currently, the economy of e.u is still shrinking and the events since the crisis have shown that they are still not that perfect union they desire to be.

You know Our language name Urdu is a turkish wors meaning Army? Many turkish words borrowed in to Urdu. keema is also a word in Urdu but with a slight altered meaning, Keema in urdu means minced beef meat.

And Paratah is oily bread that we eat in pakistan

Kıyma , actually means minced in Turkish.

But we also use it for ground/minced beef.

No pics of Tavuk şiş ?

ay_tavuk_sis.gif

DSCN0881.JPG

Oh my Allah!!! This looks so tasty. Guys dont share these pics. Very nice food.

On my recent trip to Saudi Arabia, I had Turkish food. Adana Kebab. It was very tasty.

Kıyma , actually means minced in Turkish.

But we also use it for ground/minced beef.

Yes!! Thats the word we use for minced meat :)

Indians often talks about racism from middle eastern nations, particularly the Gulf nations- wondering if that was the case in Turkey as well. Just wanting an Indian POV.

Racism might be in GCC countries like Saudi where labourers from entire South Asia (not just India) are mistreated and dominated upon.

Turkey is not a typical middle eastern country. It is more like a fusion of east and west.

And if Turks keep Ataturk's teachings and balance it with their culture like they do it till date, Turkey is as good as any decent country with good, sensible people.

A friend of mind who is from Indian Tibet has a name identical to your user name Btw.

Yeah. Tibetan language and my mother tongue Denzonkha come from the same family of Sanskrit-derived languages. Also, the place where I am from shares a border with Tibet throughout the history; So you might find a lot of similarities despite our overt differences.

Turkish folks here,

I had a great time last year touring your country.

Apart from the main tourist visits like Pamukkale, Blue Mosque, Bodrum and mount Nemrut, it was amazing to go on a un-guided trekking trip across, be it the beaches, cities and especially the wilderness.

Fell in love with your cuisine for it is probably the best I feel among Middle Eastern cuisines. Dishes like Keshkek, Balgur pilavi, Lehmachun and Doner kebabs were out of this world. :)

I also came across some pop music of artists like Tarkan who have really good music (though I can't understand anything he sings).

Apart from the cuisine, music and scenic beauty, I came across some very, very balanced and courteous people from your country who are in fact much better than some Europeans in behaviour; a balance of temperament of the East and sophistication of the West.

The 10 days I spent across your country were some of the best times I had.

You have an awesome country.

Now being married, I plan to visit Turkey once again with my wife. :tup:

You travelled around the country quite a bit! Did you use the local buses or did you have a car? I was in Turkey June last year but stayed in Istanbul for all of our 7 days (exploring all the neighbourhoods from Fateh to Besiktas to Uskudar). I wanted to venture outside but group members disagreed. Next time I go to Turkey I am definitely travelling around a lot.

Did you experience racism?

Turkey was not a racist country from my experiance. My other Pakistani friend who is quite dark, they thought of as "Indian" but I do not remember any racist attitude. For myself they mistook me for a middle easterner (usually thought I was Arab but sometimes even Turk I think) but again no racism.

Turkish PM signals no lowering of election threshold

Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan signaled no withdrawal of Turkey’s 10 percent election threshold, while also adding that only 10 to 15 percent of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) militants have pulled out from Turkish soil so far.

During his address at the group of Wise Persons in Istanbul on June 26, Erdoğan said the government had no plans to lower the 10 percent election threshold.

Instead, he said that “parties should work hard to pass it.”

The Wise Persons commission, which was gathered by the government as part of the recent bid to find a solution to the Kurdish issue, submitted their final reports to the prime minister on June 26. The group travelled through Turkey for two months in order to take the pulse of the nation about the Kurdish issue resolution process.

At the meeting in Istanbul, Erdoğan also said only a small proportion of outlawed PKK militants had left Turkish soil. The withdrawal rests on an agreement reached in March this year between Abdullah Öcalan, the imprisoned leader of PKK, and the National Intelligence Organization (MİT), after official negotiations started early January.

“We are at the early stages of this process. The ones who stay in Turkey are proving to be problematic,” said Erdoğan.

The prime minister also said there were no preparations for further official education in mother tongues. “The only official language is Turkish,” Erdoğan said. He stressed that Kurdish was now offered as an elective course in schools and also as private lessons, while also noting that Kurdish language departments were now open in universities.

POLITICS - Turkish PM signals no lowering of election threshold

if they don't want to go voluntarily, we should help them out to leave

bordo-bereliler-bir-%C5%9Fehir-efsanesidir_214773.jpg

what are your thoughts ?

Well, you got a date for resumption of talks iirc after the summer.

If i remember correctly it was planned from the start, to go ahead with the "troubleless" chapters first, while leaving "troublesome" chapters for later-talking about Cyprus here and the Armenian thing.

If you want a personal opinion, i'd like to see Turkey in the EU, but not with Erdogan at the helm and from this POV i agree with the talks being moved back a few months just to show Erdo that his (bullying) policies are unacceptable.

Some might see this as me not wanting a strong Turkey with a strong leader, or even attribute that i want a puppet in charge so that Turkey bends to the ways of the evil west, but it's just a complete disagreement with his civil governance policies.

Turkmens should protect themselves if Iraqi government can't, President Gul's chief advisor says Anadolu Agency

Turkish President Abdullah Gul's chief Middle East advisor Ersat Hurmuzlu stated Thursday if Iraq's central government was incapable of protecting Iraqi Turkmens, then they had the right to find a way of self-defense.

Iraq is a place, where various militia forces patrol the area, making Turkmens to find solutions to protect themselves, Hurmuzlu, an Iraqi Turkmen, told AA in an exclusive interview.

Saying they had shared their demands and expectations about "establishing an armed union" with Turkey, Hurmuzlu stated, "We inspire Iraqi Turkmens to continue these events through juristic ways, however it got out of hand. There is no more life safety in Turkmen regions." He added there was a planned project to demolish the Turkmen identity and existence in the region and said they were doing it by "scaring people, forcing them to immigrate both inside & outside and working the sectarian tensions up."

Hurmuzlu stressed deputy head of Iraq-Turkmen front Ali Hasim Muhtaroglu passed away as a martyr who had died in Thursday's bomb attack in Iraq's Tuz Khurmatu, saying he was a "flag martyr".

"Muhtaroglu was recently in Baghdad. While he was there, he got an information that the Turkmen flag was to be lowered in the meeting. He attended the meeting saying 'Whatever happens, I will protect the Turkmen flag at the risk of my life' and gets attacked there," Hurmuzlu said.

Calling on the international area to act sensitively on Turkmen's problems in that region, Hurmuzlu underlined his will to have the Turkish parliament handle this issue.

He added, the statements of Gul and Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu were "boosted their morale", adding they were glad to see the issue also in the agenda of Turkish National Security Council.

Hurmuzlu listed the prior demands of Turkmens from Turkey as "securing Turkmens in Turkey, protecting their citizenship and calling out the constitutional rights as soon as possible."

Turkey joining EU will not be good idea. When Turkish economy was bad, it had a point to joining to gain economic benefits. Now many EU economies are sinking and Turkey doing well will have to take the burden of the many European countries debts and mismanagement.

Sorry to be off topic but I think relevant to what @Audio said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkey joining EU will not be good idea. When Turkish economy was bad, it had a point to joining to gain economic benefits. Now many EU economies are sinking and Turkey doing well will have to take the burden of the many European countries debts and mismanagement.

Sorry to be off topic but I think relevant to what @Audio said.

Turkey doesn't have interest rates low enough to be able to borrow money and lend it at a profit to South European countries like Germany, the Netherlands, France do.

You need not go down this alley (money), the results at the end are not like what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
we might even dislodge the americans in the ME and project power.

Why? It's win-win like it is. They get to play their games with the king and some resources and for it have to station troops there, while we get almost unlimited amount of any merchandise they offer for no added expense and a traditionally good weapons buyer. Everyone is happy this way, you certainly don't hear the Middle Easterners complaining, well except Iranian regime maybe, though that is a completely different conversation on why that is so.

Plus you would loose nr.1 ally.

Aside from all that, it is undoable, unless the Saudis and Qataris loose all their oil in a fire overnight they would never bow down to Turkish leadership of Middle East.

the future will bring EU on a collision path with the US

Did you know that this month trade talks started which have the aim to create a single market from EU-US markets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom