What's new

Turkish Tea House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yapma kardesim....... :pissed:

I'm getting hungry, you are killing my diet timetable...... :laughcry:

Kunefe!!!!!!!!! :laughcry:

firik-500x250a.jpg

Heated Kunefe with cheese and icecream!! :)

Why? It's win-win like it is. They get to play their games with the king and some resources and for it have to station troops there, while we get almost unlimited amount of any merchandise they offer for no added expense and a traditionally good weapons buyer. Everyone is happy this way, you certainly don't hear the Middle Easterners complaining, well except Iranian regime maybe, though that is a completely different conversation on why that is so.

Plus you would loose nr.1 ally.

Aside from all that, it is undoable, unless the Saudis and Qataris loose all their oil in a fire overnight they would never bow down to Turkish leadership of Middle East.

Did you know that this month trade talks started which have the aim to create a single market from EU-US markets?

Because historically and geographically it's our backyard,you don't see Europe medlling to much in S. America,and in the future competition for resources will only get fearcer ,the americans have an edge because they're rich with oil,gas etc on home soil,we aren't that lucky so we can't have people on our door controlling the flow.Say what you want but neither the french or "ze germans" aren't to fond of the USA,that is why i think in the immediate future USA's greatest ally and its trojan horse in the EU,the UK, will leave the union,good ridance if you ask me.

Yes,i know about the trade agreements,look I am not talking about a war confrontation,our culture is very similar but for Europe to stand on her own and realise the federalisation we want, we have to distance ourselves from the americans,they are trying their best to stop a unified Europe.Look at the crisis that has hit the Old Continent,it's more or less an american imported one and we suffered more even if the european economy is much more robust and self reliant than the american one.Even the way we throw our weight around the world differs:we prefer soft power,the USA hard power.

Because historically and geographically it's our backyard,you don't see Europe medlling to much in S. America,and in the future competition for resources will only get fearcer ,the americans have an edge because they're rich with oil,gas etc on home soil,we aren't that lucky so we can't have people on our door controlling the flow.

imho, the benefits of present arrangement outweigh the benefits of loosing #1 ally for practically nothing. Most of the oil and gas is from Russia and Libya.

Say what you want but neither the french or "ze germans" aren't to fond of the USA,that is why i think in the immediate future USA's greatest ally and its trojan horse in the EU,the UK, will leave the union,good ridance if you ask me.

True about Germany and France, i don't agree on the UK though. Tywin Lannister would say: "We need to bring them into the fold".

Yes,i know about the trade agreements,look I am not talking about a war confrontation,our culture is very similar but for Europe to stand on her own and realise the federalisation we want, we have to distance ourselves from the americans,they are trying their best to stop a unified Europe.Look at the crisis that has hit the Old Continent,it's more or less an american imported one and we suffered more even if the european economy is much more robust and self reliant than the american one.Even the way we throw our weight around the world differs:we prefer soft power,the USA hard power.

Current framework is too fragile imho to stand on it's own, the glue that is NATO, or if you wish a common security policy is necessary to keep in together for a while longer.
As for the crisis, i know it was an imported one, some of it was designed specifically to prevent the euro becoming the reserve currency (specifically the loss of credit worthiness status of some South European countries hampering their abilities to issue bonds right when US needed fresh funds which they got by issuing their own bonds).
But, they merely exploited results of policies put in place by European bankers that kept on giving non insured risky loans.
Also, the system as it is, the entire worker per pensioner ratio is based off on a generation of post WWII, so called baby boomers. Because almost no families are as big as back then naturally the system is on it's merry way of imploding.
So, it's best if productivity improvements, pension and labor market reforms are done as soon as possible (like they are being done now in numerous countries), because it will take a while before the positive effects start to kick in (at least a few years).
So, while "we" are still relatively young, "we" do the reforms (+R&D) which makes us prosperous again (before "we" are too old to endure a few hard years-going on now) and with it an increase in natality (link for natality-recession statement: http://ec.europa.eu/social/BlobServlet?docId=4547&langId=en)
As for the R&D for the future, Europe has today it's most educated generation ever, though a lot of them are robbed of their possible life paths because of mistakes done by past generations and mismanagement of the present leadership.

Slightly off topic btw, looks like a food thread. :lol:

Slightly off topic btw, looks like a food thread. :lol:

lol, finally you realized :D

I was wondering about all those food pictures inbetween post of geopolitical alliances,future balance of power and economic might :))

Oh well ,as Napoleon put it :"An army marches on its stomach" :D

Haha, it is actually from the Kurdish cuisine. It is not natural naan as such. I know the Pakistani naan ( have a lot of Pakistani friends). This one is probably filled with cheese or egg and roasted over butter.

Our bread is thinner than your average Pakistani naan. This is typical fresh Kurdish bread ( but I reckon it also is a part of the Turkish cuisine).

img-thing

Kurds and baluch(like myself) are one of the closest ethnic groups... from similiarities from culture to even languages...

^^ Olay budur arkadaşlar.

İrmik helvası içi maraş dondurması. Zaten çok lezzetli birde iyi yapan yer bulursan off..............

Ankara Balgat'ta bunu çok iyi yapan bir kebapçı vardı. Sadece bu helvayı yemek için arkadaşlarla gecenin 1-2'de giderdik.

^^ Olay budur arkadaşlar.

İrmik helvası içi maraş dondurması. Zaten çok lezzetli birde iyi yapan yer bulursan off..............

Ankara Balgat'ta bunu çok iyi yapan bir kebapçı vardı. Sadece bu helvayı yemek için arkadaşlarla gecenin 1-2'de giderdik.

Son zamanlarda pişmiş mısır(tane olarak) ve sıkılmış meyve suyu satıcıları gibi bunlarda Istanbul'da yayılmaya başladı , kahve fincanı büyüklüğünde dondurma kutusu gibi bir şeye koyuyorlar üstü sıcak helva altı soğuk dondurma dolu 3 TL'ye satıyorlar.

Kurds and baluch(like myself) are one of the closest ethnic groups... from similiarities from culture to even languages...

Linguistically we are the closes ethnic group in Asia/Middle East. I have been studying Baloch language for a while some time ago, and it occured to me almost instantly that Kurdish and Baloch is extremely close. Not only in vocabulary but also in grammar. Many linguists and ethnologues believe we might have shared the same roots back in the Median empire.

You travelled around the country quite a bit! Did you use the local buses or did you have a car? I was in Turkey June last year but stayed in Istanbul for all of our 7 days (exploring all the neighbourhoods from Fateh to Besiktas to Uskudar). I wanted to venture outside but group members disagreed. Next time I go to Turkey I am definitely travelling around a lot.

I used a mix of buses, flights, taxis and lots and lots of hiking and trekking on foot.

My profession kind of gives me that level of stamina to be on the move all day long, as I have trekked on foot on some of the most hostile terrains on earth as a part of my profession.

Besides, I was alone and didn't have anyone with me then.

It was more like a backpacking visit where I was constantly on the move, that enabled me to cover large distances.

Ellerinize saglik sayenizde diyeti ilk gününde bozdum!! :)

Vacation guys! Where will you head this summer??? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom