What's new

Turkish Special Operations Forces

Brothers please do not discuss reasons for SAT / SAS deployment especially if you have some inside or real information.

Consider OPSEC.

Thanks....

mate, are you PDTL0191 from mp.net? he was living in ireland and last i remember he was asking Tolga about joining TSK.

mate, are you......

:cheers: Not PDTL0191 but very,very close.

Nice to see some old crowd from mp.net still around.

I have worked with Tolga since then. He is still around but at the moment he is still a little busy :sniper:

What was you mp.net username ?

:cheers: Not PDTL0191 but very,very close.

Nice to see some old crowd from mp.net still around.

I have worked with Tolga since then. He is still around but at the moment he is still a little busy :sniper:

What was you mp.net username ?

yeah, i know the numbers at the end are different :) my username was the same, but you won't remember me coz i was a long-time lurker (from 2008 to 2013 IIRC). i remember CleardayTRForce opening TSK thread on mp.net LOL i remember now very popular orko_8 (arda mevlütoğlu) writing on that thread. i decided to join mp.net in 2013 but you weren't active any more. just now i remembered that once you posted a pic of yours with carry vest loaded with clips. last time Tolga posted on themess forum about his duties in İzmir. he was very flashy in his jandarma yeleği and mp-5 :D

btw, do you know where 4x4Driver is? is he still active on the forums? he was very cool-headed and informative guy.

Last edited:
yeah, i know the numbers at the end are different :) my username was the same, but you won't remember me coz i was a long-time lurker (from 2008 to 2013 IIRC). i remember CleardayForceTR opening TSK thread on mp.net LOL i remember now very popular orko_8 (arda mevlütoğlu) writing on that thread. i decided to join mp.net in 2013 but you weren't active any more. just now i remembered that once you posted a pic of yours with carry vest loaded with clips. last time Tolga posted on themess forum about his duties in İzmir. he was very flashy in his jandarma yeleği and mp-5 :D

btw, do you know where 4x4Driver is? is he still active on the forums? he was very cool-headed and informative guy.

Yeah that pic was back in 09 I was the first person to show that new vest online and explain how the pouches work. At the time standard soldiers did not have that vest.I remember I was pretty mad that people started posting that pic everywhere when I pointed out not to use it anywhere else without asking first however PERSEC was not an issue in my early years :laugh:.

Nowadays It is much more important for me. Especially because I am currently off the field and working on a Bachelors Degree so I am always in public. I have a couple more pictures I could post here but I cant get it working haha.

Tolga has a very stressful position at the moment because Izmir is in fact a very tough place for operationally active troops. Izmir is a high value target and this results in cross collaboration between OKK, POH, Jandarma special units, and EGE ORD. KOM. personal units; who must all maintain an extremely high operational tempo. For a lot of operational troops rotating out of the east to an operational unit in Izmir is a bad thing. I remember in 2010/2011 there were upwards of 30-40 raids a week in Izmir keeping terrorists in check.

I keep in touch with him when I can hopefully the stress and workload does not catch up on him.

Enough

Ok. Lets speak honest Maroons almost 6000 and SAT-SAS 2000.

Actually not that much. We have 1 Marine brigade which has almost 5,000 soldiers with it's all components. But for the SAT if we speak more honest than you,it's not more than 200 (Two Hundert, İkiYÜZ)..

Police SF (PÖH) during the recent terror operations in Şırnak...

PS: they are Luving the LAW 8-)

fdr0g2.jpg

20ivwqb.jpg

2zz0yyv.jpg

8yu8pj.jpg

3329f04.jpg

207ksp3.jpg

24bkuq0.jpg

@-DENO-

Bro. I can't follow the numbers. SAS and SAT numbers seem to be too low.
1. Amphibious Brigade in FOCA - ok
2. Two Maroon Brigades in Gölbasi - ok
That means at least 6000 Maroons . -"Jul 13, 2007 - ÖKK 5 bin olan personel sayısı 7 bine çıkıyor"-
3. SAS - SAT only 200 ?

in comparison :
British SAS are organized in 2 Brigades.

Germany has 800 active Combat Frogmen (SEALS) plus EOD divers ( called Mine Diver)

Learn About the US Navy SEALs | Navy SEALs

Number of SEAL Forces NSW is a remarkably small, elite force. There are 2,450 active duty SEALs, (just 1% of all Navy personnel), and 600 active duty SWCC. These forces spearhead our global maritime security worldwide. NSW reserves number 325 SEALs, 125 SWCC, and 775 support personnel. Navy SEALs have proven so potent a “force multiplier” in the war against terror in Afghanistan and in Iraq, that the Pentagon has ordered a 25% increase in SEAL forces over four years (by 2011).

1- We can't compare our naval size and capability same as the US, they had destroyers, cruisers, nuclear ballistic submarines, nuclear powered aircraft carriers and more than one marine amphibious assault task forces and units. So the needs and task concept between these two navies are quite different so we can't compare the numbers...

2- Only the SAT have active almost 200 personnel. Not SAS, SAS is aspesific Navy EOD unit that contains more soldiers than SAT.

3- British SAS is the special forces of the British Armed Forces in general, like our Maroon Berets. To compare much more accurately try to look SBS (Special Boat Service), SF unit of the Royal Navy like our SAT

4- German Navy has Kampschwimmers as the SF unit and they are not more than 150 personal too...

Maroon berets are much more general SF unit of the Armed Forces, remember they even had frogmen equipment and underwater diving units and trainigs, even personnel of the gendarmerie, navy and air force could join the Maroons. So this makes SAT is much more spesific and trained for the Turkish Navy's needs and operations only. Not like the Maroons...

German Navy has Kampschwimmers as the SF unit and they are not more than 150 personal too...

Sorry @-DENO-

That are true numbers of German joint operation Force Navy Seals in Eckernförde
3-format1.jpg

Das Foto zeigt einen Marinesoldaten im Tarnanzug der Aufklärungsabteilung in Eckernförde (Schleswig-Holstein) nach dem Aufstellungsappell des neuen Seebataillons (Bataillion) an einem Dingo-Einsatzfahrzeug. In der rund 800-Mann starken Einheit werden künftig Marineschutzkräfte, Minentaucher und Boarding-Soldaten

Bundeswehr: Komische Perücke für deutsche Kampfschwimmer

Das Seebataillon – Multitool der Deutschen Marine - Deutsches Marine Kompetenznetz - DMKN

Complex mission and complex mixture. Equipped with UAV and underwater Drones and other sophisticated weapons.
Critical missions. Including Harbor and Coastal Protection, Boarding, Intelligence and EOD.

Sorry @-DENO-

that are true numbers of German joint operation Force Navy Sealsin Eckernförde

They took the sum of a sepecilized personnal of their Sea battalions, AKA Task Forces, (Görev gücü in Turkish Navy), so in German Navy each sea battalion has VBSS (Boarding), EOD, reconnassiance, underwater operations units et all. But the Kamfscwimmers only the SF part of this specialized units , the other ones are created by trained personnal of the German Marines.

So Im talking the numbers of the Kommando Spezialkrafte Marine, the command Kampschwimmers Companies working under, not for the task force gropus contains different branches and elements of the navy...

Kommando Spezialkräfte Marine – Wikipedia

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom