What's new

Turkish Small Arms Industry | Updates and Discussions

Also i want to point out something... You are talking about quality etc... MKE produced sniper rifle JNG-90 and now it's one of the best sniper rifle in the world... This is proved by foreigners also... In Pakistan tests JNG-90 was successful with a huge difference against it's international rivals...

Also i want to point out something... You are talking about quality etc... MKE produced sniper rifle JNG-90 and now it's one of the best sniper rifle in the world... This is proved by foreigners also... In Pakistan tests JNG-90 was successful with a huge difference against it's international rivals...

You got a nice point. :agree:

There was a company in the USA that give 0.1 MOA guarantee percision in their .308 Win. bolt action rifles I can't remember the name but I remember it was a very, very small company.

And JNG-90, given it's a fine rifle but I wouldn't say "one of the best" it would be like saying Canon 1100D is one of the best DSLR cameras of the world. It's an entry rifle, like 1100D is an entry level camera. :)

MKEK is really a shame of Turkish defence industry, JNG-90 isn't one of the reasons behind this conclusion but it's true.

I would rather have companies like Magpul, Kel-Tec (which are small companies compared to MKEK but ten times more innovative). There are state weapons companies that could outpreform MKEK in Africa

Last edited:
There was a company in the USA that give 0.1 MOA guarantee percision in their .308 Win. bolt action rifles I can't remember the name but I remember it was a very, very small company.

And JNG-90, given it's a fine rifle but I wouldn't say "one of the best" it would be like saying Canon 1100D is one of the best DSLR cameras of the world. It's an entry rifle, like 1100D is an entry level camera. :)
It may be the best or at least on par with any other military grade bolt action "Sniper Rifle". I dont know the exact cost of the rifle but I am guessing that any other similar rifles from Sig sauer, and Sako would cost much more thus giving the JNG 90 a major advantage.

It may be the best or at least on par with any other military grade bolt action "Sniper Rifle". I dont know the exact cost of the rifle but I am guessing that any other similar rifles from Sig sauer, and Sako would cost much more thus giving the JNG 90 a major advantage.
I really don't give a fvck about the few hundred dollars price difference. How many sniper teams are there in a regular infantry brigade or a commando brigade? very few.

Most armies, including ours employ larger calibers (mostly .338 Lapua and larger) .308 Win. sniper rifles are used more by police and paramilitary forces around the world. For Turkish army that's even more underpowered, we have 7.62x51 as a standard issue infantry weapon, just take your G3 or MPT76 to single-shot mode, stick an 12x scope on it and you'll get pretty much the same performance.

Maroon Berets have CheyTac M200s, they aren't going to touch JNG-90 I guarantee you that. I mean it's a fine rifle but saying it's one of the best is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Is it a fine rifle ? I mean its in battlefield but I didn't heard much about its actual performance :D did any of you had the change to use it ?

I really don't give a fvck about the few hundred dollars price difference. How many sniper teams are there in a regular infantry brigade or a commando brigade? very few.

Most armies, including ours employ larger calibers mostly (.338 Lapua and larger) .308 Win. sniper rifles are used more by police and paramilitary forces around the world. For Turkish army that's even more underpowered, we have 7.62x51 as a standard issue infantry weapon, just take your G3 or MPT76 to single-shot mode, stick an 12x scope on it and you'll get pretty much the same performance.

Maroon Berets have CheyTac M200s, they aren't going to touch JNG-90 I guarantee you that. I mean it's a fine rifle but saying it's one of the best is ridiculous.
I guarantee you that it is more accurate than the MPT 76 although I do agree that it can be used as a sniper rifle.

Your comparing apples and oranges when comparing the Chey Tac to the JNG 90. The Chey Tac fires special ammunition whereas the JNG 90 fires standard ammunition that is widely available in the military. This makes a huge difference. I would put the JNG 90 and the M24 (7.62) in the same category.

Türk Metal Sendikası Kırıkkale Şube Başkanı Mürsel Öcal, Kırıkkale’nin tarihi bir güne imza attığını söyleyerek, “Her şeyiyle yerli üretimin son safhasına geldik. Bu gün birliklere gidiyor. Emeği geçen mühendislerimize, müdürlerimize, işçi arkadaşlarımıza gönülden teşekkür ediyoruz. Hepsinin emeğine, gönlüne ve yüreğine sağlık. Bu silah her şeyiyle bizim. Bizim de kalması için bizlere, MKE çalışanlarına, tüm Kırıkkale’ye düşen görevler var. Bu günden sonra yapılacak olan anlaşmalarla fabrikanın kapasitesinin yettiği kadar üretimi, montajı, testleri hepsi MKE Silah Fabrikası üzerinden olmalı. Bunun haricindeki bir şeyi kabul etmiyoruz ve etmeyeceğiz de”

MKE Yapımı İlk Milli Piyade Tüfeğinin Sevkiyatı Yapıldı - Haberler.com

Murad Bayar hani, "Çok büyük miktarlarda üretim yapılacak, bunun için özel sektörde dahil olabilir" demişti ya. Ona atıfta bulunuyor arkadaş..... Sanki bu konuda çıkacak bir SSM kararına uymama gibi bir yetkisi varmış gibi. :disagree:

I guarantee you that it is more accurate than the MPT 76
Slightly, and it's not good enough to be used as main sniper rifle of the army. If it was semi-automatic it could be a good dedicated marksman rifle. In this condition, JNG 90 is simply not good enough.

also, don't compare US army with Turkish Army. They don't have regular 7.62x51 service rifles like we do. They roll with 5.56x45 M4s, .308 Win is a big round for them. M24 used a special round aswell... it's actually a good example, because they've even started chambering M24s for .338 Lapua (see M24A3)

You've actually helped me prove my point.

Murad Bayar hani, "Çok büyük miktarlarda üretim yapılacak, bunun için özel sektörde dahil olabilir" demişti ya. Ona atıfta bulunuyor arkadaş..... Sanki bu konuda çıkacak bir SSM kararına uymama gibi bir yetkisi varmış gibi. :disagree:
MKEK leadership was always moronic like this. They've brought HK416 from Germany, removed HK markings and tried to shove it in SSM's face, the Army of course didn't accept it.

Here's the whole story if you're interested:
Siyah Gri Beyaz: 100% Yerli Milli Özgün Yerel Tasarım Ulusal Piyade Tüfeği

Last edited:
Slightly, and it's not good enough to be used as main sniper rifle of the army. If it was semi-automatic it could be a good dedicated marksman rifle. In this condition, JNG 90 is simply not good enough.

also, don't compare US army with Turkish Army. They don't have regular 7.62x51 service rifles like we do. They roll with 5.56x45 M4s, .308 Win is a big round for them. M24 used a special round aswell... it's actually a good example, because they've even started chambering M24s for .338 Lapua (see M24A3)

You've actually helped me prove my point.

MKEK leadership was always moronic like this. They've brought HK416 from Germany, removed HK markings and tried to shove it in SSM's face, the Army of course didn't accept it.

Here's the whole story if you're interested:
Siyah Gri Beyaz: 100% Yerli Milli Özgün Yerel Tasarım Ulusal Piyade Tüfeği
Prove that the JNG 90 isn't good enough.

it depends more on the soldier to make the accurate shot

it depends more on the soldier to make the accurate shot

Sure soldier has effect on the result but firstly sniper rifle must be good... If rifle sucks what can soldier do ?..

Also are you saying me that Pakistan Army don't know how to test & choose a sniper rifle are they stupid ?..

Watch this and see what kind of things happened in these comparison of sniper rifles... What did Pakistan Army do ?.. How they tested ?...

Also you can see there which sniper rifles were JNG-90's rivals, which countries' sniper rifles were there and what is the result...

Back
Top Bottom