What's new

Turkish Small Arms Industry | Updates and Discussions

• Turkish Assault Rifles were produced and they passed all of the qualification tests
  • At the moment the Turkish Assault Rifle is ready for serial production.
  • The new rifle is 300 grams lighter than the G3
Piyade tüfeği üretim aşamasında
Türkiye’nin ilk milli piyade tüfeği projesinde sona geldiklerini bilgisini veren Okyay, “Bu Türkiye’nin geliştirdiği ilk otomatik piyade tüfeğidir.
MKEK ile üstlendiğimiz projede ilk prototiplerimiz çıktı. Ürün kalifikasyonu için 50 adet üretimimizi yaptık ve bütün testleri başarıyla geçtik. Üretim hattı kalifikasyonu fazında ürettiğimiz 200 adet tüfek de tüm testleri başarı ile geçti. Şu anda seri üretime hazırız.G3 piyade tüfeğine göre 300 gram daha hafif olan Milli Piyade Tüfeği Mehmetçik’in bundan sonraki silahı bu olacak. Ayrıca MKEK ile makineli tüfek projesinde de tasarım aşamasındayız” dedi.
Türkiye'nin İlk Jet Motoru Yolda | AV

(This is old news btw.)

Last edited:
  • Turkish Assault Rifles were produced and they passed all of the qualification tests
  • At the moment the Turkish Assault Rifle is ready for serial production.
  • The new rifle is 300 grams lighter than the G3
Piyade tüfeği üretim aşamasında
Türkiye’nin ilk milli piyade tüfeği projesinde sona geldiklerini bilgisini veren Okyay, “Bu Türkiye’nin geliştirdiği ilk otomatik piyade tüfeğidir.
MKEK ile üstlendiğimiz projede ilk prototiplerimiz çıktı. Ürün kalifikasyonu için 50 adet üretimimizi yaptık ve bütün testleri başarıyla geçtik. Üretim hattı kalifikasyonu fazında ürettiğimiz 200 adet tüfek de tüm testleri başarı ile geçti. Şu anda seri üretime hazırız.G3 piyade tüfeğine göre 300 gram daha hafif olan Milli Piyade Tüfeği Mehmetçik’in bundan sonraki silahı bu olacak. Ayrıca MKEK ile makineli tüfek projesinde de tasarım aşamasındayız” dedi.
Türkiye'nin İlk Jet Motoru Yolda | AV

(Btw I think this old news)

Are there any pictures of the final version, I really dont like the carry handle on that thing (looks ugly lol)

Guess what ???... 8-) :sniper:

Watch this post with this song... :)

:nana::lock::victory::taz::chilli::bounce::thinktank::mps::yay::dance3:

MİLLİ PİYADE TÜFEĞİ “MPT-76”, TSK ENVANTERİNDE | Facebook

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Thx guys from WAFF...

Video...

No sound ?..

Last edited:
Great news, but still... dat carry handle...
it's not the best rifle in the world... Yet we should sacrifice a cow to celebrate MKEK being able to finish the project :D

Despite the crap production qualities and non-indigenous design, gas-piston system should offer good reliability in the field and hopefully our soldiers won't die because of MKEK's incompetence.

Last edited:
it's not the best rifle in the world... Yet we should sacrifice a cow to celebrate MKEK being able to finish the project :D

Despite the crap production qualities and non-indigenous design, gas-piston system should offer good reliability in the field and hopefully our soldiers won't die because of MKEK's incompetence.
I want to see a real reliability test done, I would like to see it field striped, and I want to see the groups it makes on a target at short, medium, and long ranges. Im looking forward to handling it at an expo.

Last edited:
I want to see a real reliability test done, I would like to see it field striped, and I want to see the groups it makes on a target at short, medium, and long ranges. Im looking forward to handling at an expo.
there isn't much they can screw up with gas piston system, I believe that this rifle will be very reliable, that part of the rifle is licenced from H&K

But you can bet on that overall production quality will be comperable with the G3... (MKEK G3 not the H&K one)

there isn't much they can screw up with gas piston system, I believe that this rifle will be very reliable, that part of the rifle is licenced from H&K

But you can bet on that overall production quality will be comperable with the G3... (MKEK G3 not the H&K one)
If they copied the Hk-417 then the rifle is fine.

They've used HK417 as the base of this rifle, most differences in design are cosmetic

Production is another story.
They just added that grip thingy infront of the magazine slot, and added a carrying handle on top.

The Kalashnikov was invented in a rail yard so I dont get why we couldn't have designed something indigenous after all sorts of $ was poured in.

Legi i c/p this from SSM's official facebook page... Do you think SSM is a liar ?..

Savunma Sanayii Müsteşarlığınca yürütülmekte olan Modern Piyade Tüfeği Projesi kapsamında, yurtiçinde geliştirilen Milli Piyade Tüfeği’nin 200 adetlik ilk kafilesi, 09 Mayıs 2014 tarihinde Kara Kuvvetleri Komutanlığı’na teslim edilmiştir.

Silahın teknik özellikleri Türk Silahlı Kuvvetleri tarafından tanımlanan harekât konsepti ve görev ihtiyaçları göz önüne alınarak belirlenmiş, 2009 yılında başlanan tasarım ve geliştirme faaliyetlerini müteakip NATO tarafından kabul gören uluslararası askeri standart ve prosedürlere uygun olarak gerçekleştirilen test ve doğrulama süreci Kasım 2013’te başarıyla tamamlanmıştır. Tamamen Türk mühendis ve işçileri tarafından tasarlanıp üretilen MPT-76’nın tüm fikri ve sınai mülkiyet hakları Savunma Sanayii Müsteşarlığına ait bulunmakta olup, MPT-76 için uluslararası patent başvuruları yapılmıştır. Seri Üretim Dönemi Sözleşmesi’nin 2014 yılı içinde imzalanması ve teslimatların aynı yıl içinde başlaması hedeflenmektedir.

6 Mayıs 2014 tarihinde toplanan Savunma Sanayii İcra Komitesi, tüfeğe MPT-76 (Millî Piyade Tüfeği - 7,62 mm) isminin verilmesini uygun görmüştür

They just added that grip thingy infront of the magazine slot, and added a carrying handle on top. The Kalashnikov was invented in a rail yard so I dont get why we couldn't have designed something indigenous after all sorts of $ was poured in.
Corruption, it's normal for a state company. Bring some enthusiast gunmakers from black sea coast, teach them advanced ballistics and you'll see all kinds of innovative designs.

Keep hiring friends and family of politicians and you'll get this.
Bunch of morons with high-tech expensive equipment, producing low quality merchandise with no authenticity.

@xxxKULxxx I've actually laughed...

What do you think they are getting a patent for? Army said "we don't usually wear gloves" and MKEK re-invented picatinny rail covers. Normal people use this:
URCF-Binst.jpg

but MKEK is a special breed
Remind them to make a patent application for that carrying handle too...
I can see Remington and Bushmaster getting in line to steal dat design
:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom