What's new

Turkish Small Arms Industry | Updates and Discussions

Tamamen Türk mühendis ve işçileri tarafından tasarlanıp üretilen MPT-76’nın tüm fikri ve sınai mülkiyet hakları Savunma Sanayii Müsteşarlığına ait bulunmakta olup, MPT-76 için uluslararası patent başvuruları yapılmıştır.
I wonder what they are patenting? I guess at this point we cant say much untill we get more details. Aesthetically the rifle looks like a copy.

I wonder what they are patenting? I guess at this point we cant say much untill we get more details. Aesthetically the rifle looks like a copy.
"clone" is the right term
except this is clone of a clone of a clone

after a few months they will be just a bit more reliable, a bit more fancy looking G3s/AR10s with10.000 shots barrel life :crazy:

"clone" is the right term
except this is clone of a clone of a clone

after a few months they will be just a bit more reliable, a bit more fancy looking G3s/AR10s with10.000 shots barrel life :crazy:

What is the barrel life of original G3 ?

Also there is an ongoing project to extend 7.62 barrel life to 25.000 shots.

What is the barrel life of original G3 ?
Also there is an ongoing project to extend 7.62 barrel life to 25.000 shots.
German made ones are superior, MKEK... not so good

There are still G3s in some places that were imported from Germany back in 1970s...
I wish you'd have a chance of using them :)

German made ones are superior, MKEK... not so good

There are still G3s in some places that were imported from Germany back in 1970s...
I wish you'd have a chance of using them :)

Germans gave MKEK and all third party producers of G3 rifles second hand machinery, the manuals written on how to produce the rifles are probably missing out parts on how to produce a top quality rifle.

Also MKEK doesn't hire the best of the best. Why would the best work at a Government institution earning poor wages? In a way MKEK is good to the community where it is based, people in poor backgrounds without much of an education earn money and provide a good service to our armed forces.

What I would like to see is MKEK being removed from R&D efforts and become an ammunition, metal works producer.

Another thing, KaleKalip's version of MPT-76 is probably better quality :P
mpt_543572.jpg

Last edited:
They just added that grip thingy infront of the magazine slot, and added a carrying handle on top.

The Kalashnikov was invented in a rail yard so I dont get why we couldn't have designed something indigenous after all sorts of $ was poured in.

That grip thingy will cause issues. From the looks, it opens Ar-15 style. So you'll have to remove the grip and perform maintenance or clear any blockages inside. Why have that extra step? Why "design" a rifle that will need extra steps, something that was so simple with AR-15 design?

15-22-bd.jpg

Damn MKEK.

But thinking again, isn't TSK normally a little picky ? I mean if it was that bad they would not accept it right ? or may be they're forced to accept because of political reasons ?

I have no knowledge about these but guys... Our special forces, maroon barrets, PÖH, JÖH tested this rifle so i can't understand the issue...

That grip thingy will cause issues. From the looks, it opens Ar-15 style. So you'll have to remove the grip and perform maintenance or clear any blockages inside. Why have that extra step? Why "design" a rifle that will need extra steps, something that was so simple with AR-15 design?

15-22-bd.jpg
Its also takes up half of the bottom rail.
I have no knowledge about these but guys... Our special forces, maroon barrets, PÖH, JÖH tested this rifle so i can't understand the issue...
We are saying that it could have been better. We could have a had unique design but I agree that the most important thing is that it passed all of the tests but like @Combat-Master said when people see turkish soldiers carrying the rifle they will think it is an m4 or something. When you see an AK you automatically think russia and when you see an m4 you automatically think america. When people see the MPT 76 they will think about america.

Last edited:
Prototypes are built with different techniques than mass production. What they have tested will not be the same with what will be distributed to units.

The israelis made the Galil which was based off of the AK. I think if you are going to design a rifle similar to another rifle then I believe that the AK should be used as a base. The design is simple and reliable. Also some minor design changes and using the 7.62x51 would make it much more accurate than a standard ak manufactured in bulgaria or something.

Opposite of all these trashy talks, our rifle is very well . It does its job so great and look good. I guess this forum has many member of the "club of people who don't like anything".

Non of you had taken this baby to your hand, even non of you had looked it from 5 meters away..

Talking too much empty and trashy words.

I didnt like this attitude.

May be fars or Greek agents you are. Then understand why..

Opposite of all these trashy talks, our rifle is very well . It does its job so great and look good. I guess this forum has many member of the "club of people who don't like anything".

Non of you had taken this baby to your hand, even non of you had looked it from 5 meters away..

Talking too much empty and trashy words.

I didnt like this attitude.

May be fars or Greek agents you are. Then understand why..

A film critic doesn't make films, a michelin star restaurant reviewer may not own restaurants. So just because we have not held this weapon dispels our opinions and experience? You sir, need to get over yourself making up conspiracies that we are Fars or Greek agents is also very ignorant of you.

A film critic doesn't make films, a michelin star restaurant reviewer may not own restaurants. So just because we have not held this weapon dispels our opinions and experience?

Not that İ agree with anyone, but a movie critic watches the movie and a food critic eats at the restaurants before they give their review.
Same can be said about this rifle, İ guess to see the final verdict it has to come in to inventory and be used by the critics (soldiers).

Not that İ agree with anyone, but a movie critic watches the movie and a food critic eats at the restaurants before they give their review.
Same can be said about this rifle, İ guess to see the final verdict it has to come in to inventory and be used by the critics (soldiers).

You're absolutely correct in your logical analysis of what I wrote, what would we be then since we are mostly criticizing the aesthetics of weapon that Turkish Armed forces will be recognized by. Fashion critics ? :triniti:

Back
Top Bottom