What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

There are pictures of rebels with a Kirpi. Are we handing over older Kirpis to the rebels now that the NG Kirpis are being handed over by BMC to our forces?
You need to equip them... Otherwise what's the point of having soldiers to fight if they die at the first "bomb"...
FSA is in the forefront...the first line of Attack... if they die at every meter they made thx to IED& Cie...then what's the point of it...

Kirpi is too new to hand over to them. Dont we have some old Btr-80s in storage? Some acvs, btrs and may be akreps or kobras are more than enough. I'm againts heavily equipping them. Most of them are a future problem in my opinion. Have to admit that enemy has a point on calling them Jihadists, they tend to radical Islam, there is no guarentee that they will be always under our control.

Kirpi is too new to hand over to them. Dont we have some old Btr-80s in storage? Some acvs, btrs and may be akreps or kobras are more than enough. I'm againts heavily equipping them. Most of them are a future problem in my opinion. Have to admit that enemy has a point on calling them Jihadists, they tend to radical Islam, there is no guarentee that they will be always under our control.
What do you guys think a Kirpi is? A tank?
As for if they will stay under control...well it's Turkey problem in whatever she side with ASSad later on or not... and if she cares about her refugee pool...

Our BTRs are really crappy against ieds. This is why we do not use them anymore. Same applies to akreps.

Our BTRs are really crappy against ieds. This is why we do not use them anymore. Same applies to akreps.

Well thats why we dont use them, but I wouldnt care if those guys had a little less protection.

My objection to Kirpi is about its reputation as a new indigineous vehicle. Seeing them get damaged in militia hands is not gonna be a good sight.

Maybe we can give more Cobras and ACV to FSA soldiers. We have enough numbers of them.

Well thats why we dont use them, but I wouldnt care if those guys had a little less protection.

My objection to Kirpi is about its reputation as a new indigineous vehicle. Seeing them get damaged in militia hands is not gonna be a good sight.
To be successful in Export...an equipment have to be combat proven in "Actual" warfare...otherwise it's stay at home... or with limited exports...
So if the Kirpi sustain a lot of damage and the guys survive...it's good for the image...but if it's otherwise... then... it should be back on the drawing board...
But, Kirpi seems enough for that...

As for you comment...that FSA need less protection...just remember... this YPG war... is not made mostly by Turkey... without those FSA alive and willingly to fight with you... you will still be waiting at the border...

So...give respect and credit where it belongs...no need to spit on those fighting hand in hand with you and dying for a common cause... it's disrespectful.

Even ASSad and IRan give more respect to their "proxies" than some Turks around here...

:D
let them protect themselves with our new toys, it seems the syria war is not going to end soon, we will need them

Let the Americans give YPG Oshkosh MRAPs, let ours drive in pick-ups... What kind of toxic mentality is this ?

That's a sad and racist thing to say. You don't care because they aren't Turkish. They are fighting for your country, they are the first line of defense. But look at the attitude on this page. Shameful. With people like you, Turkey will be left with no friends.

That's a sad and racist thing to say. You don't care because they aren't Turkish. They are fighting for your country, they are the first line of defense. But look at the attitude on this page. Shameful. With people like you, Turkey will be left with no friends.

This has nothing to do with race.

-They are tend to be religious fanatics which is a trouble
-As far as I know they are being paid, which is a future trouble if you decide to cut off their salaries.
-God knows how many times they changed allegiance in the past.

They dont fight with Turkey because they truly want to. We simply have parallel goals for now. We should not get emotional and pour everything we have into their inventory. Them fighting againts us in the future is still a distant possibility.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom