What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Maybe YPG can make a deal with Assad and return the north under SAA control now

1. Is YPG ready to lose everything? International image and Sponsor?
2. Will ASSad move on that offer? and if it does, Will he be able to fulfill it alone without RU help? Afrin and Idlib showed us he can't.

Therefore it's unlikely to happen and if it does...it's unlikely to succeed.

Maybe YPG can make a deal with Assad and return the north under SAA control now

How is Sinjar needed for a shia corridor when Iraq shares a long border with Syria
Most of the border regions between iraq and syria are uninhabited desert. The only feasible route passes through the northern cities such as Erbil, Mosul and Hasakah.

Furthermore such a (military) corridor is very difficult to maintain with an adversary closeby, i.e. turkey and US within a hundred kilometers to the north

Last edited:
Most of the border regions between iraq and syria are uninhabited desert. The only feasible route passes through the northern cities such as Erbil, Mosul and Hasakah.

Furthermore such a (military) corridor is very difficult to maintain with an adversary closeby, i.e. turkey and US within a hundred kilometers to the north

that's wrong

Syria-Iraq have routes (concerete highways) with border crossings in the far south, I passed through them myself in 2004. Baghdad-Damascus land connection exists in the far south and they are feasible land-routes used for transporting goods by trucks.

Last edited:

^^

This is true, US withdrawal could cause Turkey to call off operation. If it will embark on operation it needs to do soon before they reconcile with Assad and Russia.

Not even close to reality. Turkey and the US have become aligned, they both do not want to see Assad, Iran or Russia gain more influence. Therefore, the withdrawal of US forces will be in phases, with the 1st phase being Turkey capturing all area north of M4 highway while the US remains South of M4 and North of the Euphrates. In this way, Assad and Russia cannot dream of crossing the Euphrates as US forces will remain stationed along the river. 2nd phase will include the US to withdraw further south, opening a corridor for Turkey to expand in. This will continue after Raqqah and all YPG territory is controlled by Turkey and FSA.

Assad will not get the chance to gain from this. He will most probably lose, as the entire north will be united and backed by Turkey and the US i.e. He will never be able to regain those lands. The most likely outcome is thus an independent Northern Syrian state if Turkey decides not to annexe the whole area.

I need to see proof that the Pentagon, State Department and rest of American administration will not ignore Trumps orders and actually implement it. I don't see anything right now. If it really does happen, the people who hate God will prop up ISIS to achieve another few more God hating objectives. Some of which:

1.) Make ISIS popular in Islamist fanbase
2.) Continue employing ISIS as tool against other Islamists
3.) Give Israel strategic advantages in region
4.) Delay future of Syria and Middle East
5.) Make people of region believe oppressive regimes are better alternative than ISIS(which is fake organization propped up by God hating people)

Everybody with influence currently(besides God fearing Palestinian parties in Gaza, notably Hamas and Islamic Jihad) in the Middle East hates God and won't struggle for the truth. God fearing and God loving people need to start giving themselves a chance to assert themselves as influencers in the region if they want to change anything.

Not even close to reality. Turkey and the US have become aligned, they both do not want to see Assad, Iran or Russia gain more influence. Therefore, the withdrawal of US forces will be in phases, with the 1st phase being Turkey capturing all area north of M4 highway while the US remains South of M4 and North of the Euphrates. In this way, Assad and Russia cannot dream of crossing the Euphrates as US forces will remain stationed along the river. 2nd phase will include the US to withdraw further south, opening a corridor for Turkey to expand in. This will continue after Raqqah and all YPG territory is controlled by Turkey and FSA.

Assad will not get the chance to gain from this. He will most probably lose, as the entire north will be united and backed by Turkey and the US i.e. He will never be able to regain those lands. The most likely outcome is thus an independent Northern Syrian state if Turkey decides not to annexe the whole area.

You were making sense in your first paragraph, then you mention independent state or annexation. That's not happening. As for your theory in first paragraph, could be credible and may very well be the case once we see first signs of US withdrawal on the ground. You are right that Kurds can't just invite Russians or Syrians to the eastern areas to establish military presence there as US isn't going to allow that for now. So as you said they would need to withdraw in location phased order you mention.

Time will tell if that is what Erdogan and Trump discussed over phone. But, realize Pentagon and others in US admin are not on with this.

You were making sense in your first paragraph, then you mention independent state or annexation. That's not happening. As for your theory in first paragraph, could be credible and may very well be the case once we see first signs of US withdrawal on the ground. You are right that Kurds can't just invite Russians or Syrians to the eastern areas to establish military presence there as US isn't going to allow that for now. So as you said they would need to withdraw in location phased order you mention.

Time will tell if that is what Erdogan and Trump discussed over phone. But, realize Pentagon and others in US admin are not on with this.

The 2nd paragraph is speculation for the future. I have a hard time seeing a reconciliation with a murderer like Assad. I mean that man butchered his own people like they were pigs.

The 2nd paragraph is speculation for the future. I have a hard time seeing a reconciliation with a murderer like Assad. I mean that man butchered his own people like they were pigs.

I'm very anti-Assad regime so rest your fears about me. I was referring to Kurds reconciling with Assad regime instead of persisting with their independent mentality. Regarding your speculation, I don't want to see any of those prospects come to truth.

I'm more pro-God/Islam than anti-anything, however. And I think we as Muslims are being very disrespectful to our great Lord and worried he will damn us to hell for this behavior. We need to support Islam and establish Islam and demand a God fearing/loving leadership. These nationalistic political objectives we are attached to are gross and wrong.

I need to see proof that the Pentagon, State Department and rest of American administration will not ignore Trumps orders and actually implement it. I don't see anything right now. If it really does happen, the people who hate God will prop up ISIS to achieve another few more God hating objectives. Some of which:

1.) Make ISIS popular in Islamist fanbase
2.) Continue employing ISIS as tool against other Islamists
3.) Give Israel strategic advantages in region
4.) Delay future of Syria and Middle East
5.) Make people of region believe oppressive regimes are better alternative than ISIS(which is fake organization propped up by God hating people)

Everybody with influence currently(besides God fearing Palestinian parties in Gaza, notably Hamas and Islamic Jihad) in the Middle East hates God and won't struggle for the truth. God fearing and God loving people need to start giving themselves a chance to assert themselves as influencers in the region if they want to change anything.

I don't want to derail the thread but from when blowing yourself and bombing civilian targets makes you God fearing (Hamas and Islamic Jihad)? By that logic the YPG-PKK are also good and with the same slogans. We will give them a Quran and make them say "In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful." before they talk in front of medias and we are ready. We are here to talk the Turkish Peace Operations in Syria and not to give titles like "God fearing" to organizations which are causing terror "in the name of Allah". Don't bring the Israeli-Palestine sh!t here and certainly don't bring the name of Allah in that way.

Its a corridor not a road. I dont know about your experiences but I have read many times about this. I was refering to some analyses that I read on this such as the one shown below.
images

This is a huge multidimensional project that is affected by everything such as populations, ethnicities, weather, landscape, geography etc...

Even if it is possible at the south I am guessing it will be very costly.
that's wrong

Syria-Iraq have routes (concerete highways) with border crossings in the far south, I passed through them myself in 2004. Baghdad-Damascus land connection exists in the far south and they are feasible land-routes used for transporting goods by trucks.

Last edited:
I don't want to derail the thread but from when blowing yourself and bombing civilian targets makes you God fearing (Hamas and Islamic Jihad)? By that logic the YPG-PKK are also good and with the same slogans. We will give them a Quran and make them say "In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful." before they talk in front of medias and we are ready. We are here to talk the Turkish Peace Operations in Syria and not to give titles like "God fearing" to organizations which are causing terror "in the name of Allah". Don't bring the Israeli-Palestine sh!t here and certainly don't bring the name of Allah in that way.

You know next to nothing about Allah(SWT) nor do I see asking to establish Islam in our lands which is what Allah(SWT) ordained upon us. YPG is secular/communist, don't even compare them to Hamas. Hamas would target Israeli soldiers in those past bombings, and they have made a few mistakes here and there in the past, does not change that they are on right path and they are protecting the right to worship Allah(SWT). But, you're right we shouldn't get too off topic and leave it here. That being said Muslims need change of priorities sooner or later.

Its a corridor not a road. I dont know about your experiences but I have read many times about this. I was refering to some analyses that I read on this such as the one shown below.
images

This is a huge multidimensional project that is affected by everything such as populations, ethnicities, weather, landscape, geography etc...

Even if it is possible at the south I am guessing it will be very costly.

I don't understand this..

Why would Iran want to take a route through the north to end up in northern Syria when they want to reach Damascus. Whilst they can take a routh through Southern/Middle Iraq to enter southern Syria on the way to Damascus. Corridors are just paths one can establish on routes.

Now on top of that, why would the PKK be needed for a Iranian corridor When the Iraqi army and PMU are in charge there whom aren't anti-Iran. Whoever does this analysis makes no sense

As soon as you see 'Iran's Shia crescent' exit the page, it's not like Iran cannot transport 100k troops to Damascus or any SAA frontline in Syria if they wanted. The ground link exists, is secured and has no barriers.

You know next to nothing about Allah(SWT) nor do I see asking to establish Islam in our lands which is what Allah(SWT) ordained upon us. YPG is secular/communist, don't even compare them to Hamas. Hamas would target Israeli soldiers in those past bombings, and they have made a few mistakes here and there in the past, does not change that they are on right path and they are protecting the right to worship Allah(SWT). But, you're right we shouldn't get too off topic and leave it here. That being said Muslims need change of priorities sooner or later.
I know next to nothing? I know that Allah forbid us to target innocents, children, elders and for sure forbid us the suicide. The mistakes you are citing "here and there" resulted the death of hundreds civilians. I don't care the Israeli soldiers but I care when they target civilians. I have the full right to compare Hamas with the PKK because both are "freedom fighters", both are targeting civilian and military targets, just the ideology is different. I am not defending Israel in any way but I will not let somebody come here and talk about terrorists as "God fearing". I support the forming of official Palestinian Self Defense Forces and not some terrorists which are blowing themselves left and right. I support the Palestinian resistance but not in that way.

Back
Top Bottom