What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

A possible goal of the operation:

Duo030oWkAARCnq.jpg

This, In my opinion, would be the ideal scale.

France will not come on the way against Turkey. If French deployment is to be it will be close to the Iraqi border and Deir Ezzor but no way in territories which will be target of the Turkish operation.

Normally I would agree but Macron would love a skirmish between France and Turkey so he can distract his own country from trying to get rid of him. If the protests are bad again this weekend, it wouldn't surprise me if France behaved like the degenerates they are and started something. There's already been a very conveniently timed terrorist attack by a known terrorist there.

France will not come on the way against Turkey. If French deployment is to be it will be close to the Iraqi border and Deir Ezzor but no way in territories which will be target of the Turkish operation.

Turkey is afraid of hitting the US forces because of sanctions and capability of the US army. I don’t think Turkey has the same concerns against French troops. If they choose to station their forces near the Turkish border they will get bombed.

I don't think France could have said something different. That's my opinion,but I don't believe we are ready to go into a direct confrontation against Turkey in Syria for the SDF/YPG (or whatsoever),maybe we are going to provide them some equipments to slow down the Turkish's offensive,but that's it.

Anyway,at worst there are only few dozens French special forces on the ground,including some artillery units If I remember.

Unless France agrees to help them and goes alone,I might suspect it is trying to involve in the European Union. (And so a combined EU force)

The statement made from the French minister of European affairs about Syria wasn't only a mere coincidence in my opinion. The Kurds also threatening to release ISIS jihadists they hold is clearly a direct message to Europe.

Obviously with the US's withdrawal,they are panicking and in search of allies who would protect them against Turkey and their proxies. (among the first Bashar,Russia...)

Basically he's saying that Turkey is an essential and historical ally of the USA,member of NATO since its creation and that the country is geographically strategic.

Both countries were more and more distancing from each other,there were greater tensions. The US military establishment was saying they can't afford to lose Turkey at a cost of some leftists Kurds in Northern Syria and have to keep Turkey closer to the US so it doesn't get closer to its real enemies. (Iran,Russia)

He says the Kurds weren't stupid and knew this would happen,so they play their cards and try to make an alliance with Russia and with the Syrian regime.

Back
Top Bottom