What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

With the location of US troops known and only 40 minutes warning before the operation, the night Erdogan warned about could very well be tonight. :butcher:

If this is the case, good luck to the Turks! May your soldiers be save and protected.

As soon as this happens, internal conflict starts in YPG territory and Turkey will attack to help a new ally.

Clearly, Turkey and the US intend that all area north of the Euphrates shall be captured by Turkey and FSA. The strategy might even include some area south of the Euphrates.

So if these reports are correct, Erdogan convinced Trump to withdraw US troops from Syria overnight. The French are automatically withdrawing following the Americans. And all this was done without firing a single bullet, risking the Turkish economy or bringing tension with the US and Europe. Following the two military victories; Euphrates Shield and Olive Branch, this is a major diplomatic victory.

It might be premature, as things have not solidified yet, but I am too excited and I am going to go ahead and congratulate my patriotic brothers here in this forum.

I am thinking really hard about what the Erdogan bashers will complain about this time.

So if these reports are correct, Erdogan convinced Trump to withdraw US troops from Syria overnight. The French are automatically withdrawing following the Americans. And all this was done without firing a single bullet, risking the Turkish economy or bringing tension with the US and Europe. Following the two military victories; Euphrates Shield and Olive Branch, this is a major diplomatic victory.

It might be premature, as things have not solidified yet, but I am too excited and I am going to go ahead and congratulate my patriotic brothers here in this forum.

I am thinking really hard about what the Erdogan bashers will complain about this time.

I am anti Erdo, but if this is true, it's one of the best moves he's made in a long while.

Not entirely correct. The US will need 30 (Trump) to 100 (Pentagon) days to withdraw. However, they have provided the Turks with their GPS location to avoid friendly fire. The US must (and will) keep troops along the Euphrates to avoid an Assad/Russian push from the south until the Turks reach the Euphrates.

Not entirely correct. The US will need 30 (Trump) to 100 (Pentagon) days to withdraw. However, they have provided the Turks with their GPS location to avoid friendly fire. The US must (and will) keep troops along the Euphrates to avoid an Assad/Russian push from the south until the Turks reach the Euphrates.
I am sorry I was not clear. The "overnight" refers to "convinced" not "withdraw".

Let’s first see what happens in the next weeks because it all just sounds too good to be true. :D After all the stuff that happened in the last years I still can’t believe it.

Back
Top Bottom