What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Objection to the co-operation with Esad means to accept a PKK state in the north Syria on our borders. Why people dont understand this very clear fact?
You do know that Esad has friendly relations with the YPG,right?
Did you ever see the SAA attack YPG territory?

Objection to the co-operation with Esad means to accept a PKK state in the north Syria on our borders. Why people dont understand this very clear fact?

Just go check the Syria map as of 2010 when the Syrian civil war was not started yet and compare to today. Then you will understand why The US supported and trained the "moderate rebels" aka FSA. Turkey, unfortunately, i hate to say, just let itself be a useful tool of the US in Syria for ultimate aim of the Great ME Project.

Democracy in Syria? BS. What country in the ME is ruled by democracy anyway?

This is our problem. Our problem is not PKK. They are weak. Our problem are those bone heads. Either we get rid of them or they will be our end. We can’t keep making foreign policy mistakes.

Again? Really?

Did it work last time?

Did it work before that?

Of course they will change plans, develop new tactics but we know you can not change the result of bad strategy with different tactics.

I don't know. That seems dumb.

Dumb or not it doesn't matter because living in caves, tunnels and holes is in their DNA.

Aside from Syrian policies in the early 2000's and 90's, it's the Turkish gov which pushes its neighbors to not be hostile to the PKK. When you become Barzani's best friend you give no reason for Baghdad to be against the PKK, when you organize and arm terrorists in Syria you give him all the reason to support your enemy.

Wouldn't you do the same? So I don't get why people find this 'wrong' in any way, if Syria benefits from a deal with Turkey they will have no reason not to stand against the PKK/YPG. But where is that reason, nowhere. Rather Erdogan tries to take land from Syria and people here actually support that.
There is no more "Land" in play... When the TOP decide to make it halal to eradicate whatever is against him... Having 500K death and Almost 10Mil refugees... make it "ok" for whoever wish to take it and re-build something...
Since ASSAd dynasty doesn' wish to leave to put in place a future for ALL Syrians...Therefore That Land has no value When one KM² is equal to Dozens of Innocent life...
If Iraq/JOR or TR wish to take it for themselves and establish some peace under their rule...Then they should...

Last edited:
Aside from Syrian policies in the early 2000's and 90's, it's the Turkish gov which pushes its neighbors to not be hostile to the PKK. When you become Barzani's best friend you give no reason for Baghdad to be against the PKK, when you organize and arm terrorists in Syria you give him all the reason to support your enemy.

Wouldn't you do the same? So I don't get why people find this 'wrong' in any way, if Syria benefits from a deal with Turkey they will have no reason not to stand against the PKK/YPG. But where is that reason, nowhere. Rather Erdogan tries to take land from Syria and people here actually support that.
Yeah,and before the 2000's there were only PKK vacation camps resorts right?
Afrin was GHQ for Syria and Qandil was GHQ for Iraq,reason for us to trust both countries,right?
Nobody tries to take any land,if you Arabs can control every fvcking corner of your countries,avoid being terrorist base countries,dont try anything stupid against my country,do all that and we wont have a reason to take action.
Btw,the US was willing to give us northern Irak(Erbil,Mosul,Kerkük,Süleymaniye) if we had joined the first invasion of Iraq so,dont come with such comments.

Yeah,and before the 2000's there were only PKK vacation camps resorts right?
Afrin was GHQ for Syria and Qandil was GHQ for Iraq,reason for us to trust both countries,right?
Nobody tries to take any land,if you Arabs can control every fvcking corner of your countries,avoid being terrorist base countries,dont try anything stupid against my country,do all that and we wont have a reason to take action.
Btw,the US was willing to give us northern Irak(Erbil,Mosul,Kerkük,Süleymaniye) if we had joined the first invasion of Iraq so,dont come with such comments.

PKK was heavily suppressed by Iraq and unable to regularly operate against Turkey from Iraq till the US together with Turkey which followed US orders attacked Iraq and established the northern no-fly zone.

If you can stop doing with America tells you to do there will be less issues in the region, the few speeches of Erdogan jumping around are just words no actions. Mosul has millions of Arabs and Iraq's population is growing too fast, if you want to take those lands remember to rename Istanbul to something Arab within a few decades not that you can take them unless you think you can sustain the type of insurgency the US had to deal with, Juba sniper targeting soldiers daily and IED's lol. Till then keep acting like Erdogan didn't **** up.

If GCC and Turkey weren't doing what the US told them to since the 90's there wouldn't be any Kurdish problem.

It's not that the Syrian regime which is brutal, a dictatorship and has supported terrorism (PKK against Turkey and ISI which is the Islamic state of Iraq) is right, it's that the entire Syrian mess is largely in Turkey's hands since 2011, had you kept those borders closed, told the US to **** off and not sent in arms the region would have been better, you wouldn't have 6 million Arab refugees, you wouldn't have PKK in the entire north of Syria, Iraq would not have experienced the 2014 ISIS disaster and 200k+ life's would've been spared. But that's all acceptable collateral damage so that Erdogan can walk around in 1600 sultan clothes.

PKK was heavily suppressed by Iraq and unable to regularly operate against Turkey from Iraq till the US together with Turkey which followed US orders attacked Iraq and established the northern no-fly zone.

If you can stop doing with America tells you to do there will be less issues in the region, the few speeches of Erdogan jumping around are just words no actions. Mosul has millions of Arabs and Iraq's population is growing too fast, if you want to take those lands remember to rename Istanbul to something Arab within a few decades not that you can take them unless you think you can sustain the type of insurgency the US had to deal with, Juba sniper targeting soldiers daily and IED's lol. Till then keep acting like Erdogan didn't **** up.

If GCC and Turkey weren't doing what the US told them to since the 90's there wouldn't be any Kurdish problem.

It's not that the Syrian regime which is brutal, a dictatorship and has supported terrorism (PKK against Turkey and ISI which is the Islamic state of Iraq) is right, it's that the entire Syrian mess is largely in Turkey's hands since 2011, had you kept those borders closed, told the US to **** off and not sent in arms the region would have been better, you wouldn't have 6 million Arab refugees, you wouldn't have PKK in the entire north of Syria, Iraq would not have experienced the 2014 ISIS disaster and 200k+ life's would've been spared. But that's all acceptable collateral damage so that Erdogan can walk around in 1600 sultan clothes.
That is the problem with you Arabs,always blame others for your own mess,you have read my post but didnt understand it.
If if if is to late now,it is what it is,look for ways to clean this mess instead.
If it were up to me,i would have carpet bombed 50km into both countries,mined every cm,sent all Iraq and Syria born back,closed all Southern borders,monitored every cm 24/7,killed all coming close.
Its not up to me.

This is our problem. Our problem is not PKK. They are weak. Our problem are those bone heads. Either we get rid of them or they will be our end. We can’t keep making foreign policy mistakes.
You do know that Esad has friendly relations with the YPG,right?
Did you ever see the SAA attack YPG territory?
Before the civil war, PYD was just a small group in Syria.

Only a question.

If the civil war was not broke out, could PYD/PKK/YPG (with or without american aid) dare to send their terrorists into Syria and declare cantons?

Only a question.

If the civil war was not broke out, could PYD/PKK/YPG (with or without american aid) dare to send their terrorists into Syria and declare cantons?
The Syrian war was going to brake with or without Turkey because of the simple reason that its part of a bigger project in which also Turkey participates. If Turkey didn't intervene in the Syrian war was there still going to be any trace from Idlib or YPG/PYD was going to control all the territory including Idlib, Latakia to the sea and gain independence together with Barzanistan?

PYD is the HDP of Syria tolerated by Assad only because of the terrorist attacks to/in our country.
They were already in Syria,a PPK branch exists there since the 80s.
Remember ASALA.

The Syrian war was going to brake with or without Turkey because of the simple reason that its part of a bigger project in which also Turkey participates. If Turkey didn't intervene in the Syrian war was there still going to be any trace from Idlib or YPG/PYD was going to control all the territory including Idlib, Latakia to the sea and gain independence together with Barzanistan?
I agree that Turkey had no choice other than participating in the game of Syria.
But,
My question was about prior to the civil war.

PYD is the HDP of Syria tolerated by Assad only because of the terrorist attacks to/in our country.

They were already in Syria,a PPK branch exists there since the 80s.
Remember ASALA.
Yes.
I asked a Syrian about this PKK attacks from Syria. He said; it was not an official policy of Syrian government but, unable to control the entire border with Turkey and so, attacks happened. It sounded reasonable to me when i thought that dealing with terrorism is not easy even within our own country..

Everything was better before 2011 when Erdoğan still used to call Syrian leader as "Esad kardeşim". Tourism, no millions of refugees we have to feed , bilateral trade...

I’m just amazed how quickly people forget things in Turkey. Did we forget huge peshmerga troops heading over Turkish soil to establish Kurdish PKK cantons in Syria. How can you say Erdogan had no hand in creating that mess? Unbelievable. Rojava is a direct product of Erdogan’s Kurdish peace process. A peace process that was lit to fire by PKK because they (justly) believed they could get more. Now they have 80k PKK army.

I agree that Turkey had no choice other than participating in the game of Syria.
But,
My question was about prior to the civil war.

Yes.
I asked a Syrian about this PKK attacks from Syria. He said; it was not an official policy of Syrian government but, unable to control the entire border with Turkey and so, attacks happened. It sounded reasonable to me when i thought that dealing with terrorism is not easy even within our own country..

Everything was better before 2011 when Erdoğan still used to call Syrian leader as "Esad kardeşim". Tourism, no millions of refugees we have to feed , bilateral trade...
The wise Muhabbarat not able to control Syria? You got to be kidding me. Do not underestimate the Syrian authorities. They have never been joke and will never be. Muhabbarat is very powerful organization that even if Syria is destroyed to ashes will be still active and causing troubles. Their roots are very deep and their hands are very long.

Back
Top Bottom