What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

I've only seen a few Kirpis. I don't think there's enough equipment there to start an operation before Christmas.

I'm thinking maybe we sent tanks over a while ago. Surely not all of them went to Afrin and Idlib. From what I saw throughout the past few years, I can safely say that we have sent hundreds of tracked vehicles to the border; Hopefully most of them were discreetly sent to the east Euphrates side of the border.

I think the operation will start when Borsa İstanbul closes.

Did we bring a lot of tanks and IFVs to the east Euphrates part of the border? Beacause I haven't found any videos showing recent deliveries. The only thing I saw recently was Kobras and Kirpis heading that way. But no tanks or tracked IFVs.

We have brought tons of equipment to the Syrian border for 2 years so there should be enough...The operation will probably start next week hopefully.

We have brought tons of equipment to the Syrian border for 2 years so there should be enough...The operation will probably start next week hopefully.
With Christmas coming and New year... I don't know...
You may say, it doesn't matter for TR, since it's a Muslim country, but for the foreign forces in Syria (aka US/FR/IT) it is... So since there is "mostly" an agreement btw both sides, I think the other side would ask for making the OP after those events, but I could be wrong too.

I would say maybe Early January.

You may say, it doesn't matter for TR, since it's a Muslim country, but for the foreign forces in Syria (aka US/FR/IT) it is... So since there is "mostly" an agreement btw both sides, I think the other side would ask for making the OP after those events, but I could be wrong too.

I would say maybe Early January.

HAHAHAHAHA, should we also wait for Thanksgiving? What you think this is? The Turkish army has strict rules and schedules, after bringing in logistics and scouting the region Erdoğan was probably informed by the Army to start the operation.

I sincerely doubt we will wait any longer. It will start till the end of this month.

HAHAHAHAHA, should we also wait for Thanksgiving? What you think this is? The Turkish army has strict rules and schedules, after bringing in logistics and scouting the region Erdoğan was probably informed by the Army to start the operation.

I sincerely doubt we will wait any longer. It will start till the end of this month.

Will see. I could be wrong, But I know such thing is taken into consideration for OPs like we saw and see it in Iraq before or Afghanistan.
Even RU , last year reported an OP because of some Russian Holy Week.
Or Even Muslim Forces, who waited for End of EID or Ramadan for new op...

Yeah sure let's send them some cookies and presents... and wish them good holidays.

The truth is if they don't leave the PKK areas it's possible that they will celebrate Bloody Christmas.

Yeah sure let's send them some cookies and presents... and wish them good holidays.

The truth is if they don't leave the PKK areas it's possible that they will celebrate Bloody Christmas.

They could no care, and Therefore I'm wrong, no problem in that. But I wanted to point out that it's a possibility and Therefore the OP may not start Next week as the previous Poster said in his post.
And let's be Honest. There is some sort of Agreement btw the US and TR for that OP, It doesn't mean the US agree 100% on it, but for the sake of Mutual necessity, Both sides Did give conditions/concessions for that to happen.
Therefore, the possibility for that OP to begin after the End of December may be one the conditions (among others) from the other side for understandable reasons.

It isn't new, neither abnormal. It was done in the past and it's still being done.
This has nothing to do with PKK, but Btw TR/US agreement.

They could no care, and Therefore I'm wrong, no problem in that. But I wanted to point out that it's a possibility and Therefore the OP may not start Next week as the previous Poster said in his post.
And let's be Honest. There is some sort of Agreement btw the US and TR for that OP, It doesn't mean the US agree 100% on it, but for the sake of Mutual necessity, Both sides Did give conditions/concessions for that to happen.
Therefore, the possibility for that OP to begin after the End of December may be one the conditions (among others) from the other side for understandable reasons.

It isn't new, neither abnormal. It was done in the past and it's still being done.
This has nothing to do with PKK, but Btw TR/US agreement.

@HannibalBarca,

Bro, winter operations are preferred due to regional and asymetrical warfare conditions. The fact that the regional conjuncture offers an appropriate range is another reason, but tactically, the summer conditions are more challenging.

The area is open land, which can be considered completely flat compared to the region of OB operation. Terrorists have no choice but to use small towns.

On the other hand, the Minister of Internal Affairs has just made a statement , 2 hours ago. There were 700 terrorists left in the mountains. We start the last big operation on December 15th. So there is a far more comprehensive operation than you think.

@HannibalBarca,

Bro, winter operations are preferred due to regional and asymetrical warfare conditions. The fact that the regional conjuncture offers an appropriate range is another reason, but tactically, the summer conditions are more challenging.

The area is open land, which can be considered completely flat compared to the region of OB operation. Terrorists have no choice but to use small towns.

On the other hand, the Minister of Internal Affairs has just made a statement , 2 hours ago. There were 700 terrorists left in the mountains. We start the last big operation on December 15th. So there is a far more comprehensive operation than you think.

My point wasn't to start in Spring or in Summer ... But could be pushed early January instead of next week. For the reason stated higher.
Nothing more Nothing less.

My point wasn't to start in Spring or in Summer ... But could be pushed early January instead of next week. For the reason stated higher.
Nothing more Nothing less.

It will be over till Christmas. Unlike Afrins rigid and tough topography these areas are way more favorible for the attacker force. Remeber ISIS offensive against YPG, they steamrolled em in metter of weeks until US intervention put the stop on the offensive in Kobane

It will be over till Christmas. Unlike Afrins rigid and tough topography these areas are way more favorible for the attacker force. Remeber ISIS offensive against YPG, they steamrolled em in metter of weeks until US intervention put the stop on the offensive in Kobane
So you are saying Around Christmas-End of year the OP will be over?
So if it's start next week... you believe than in a Week, Tel Abyad and Ayn al Arab will be taken over?

So you are saying Around Christmas-End of year the OP will be over?
So if it's start next week... you believe than in a Week, Tel Abyad and Ayn al Arab will be taken over?

Yes.
Of course it just my estimate. I could be wrong. YPG is so hyped up by western media and McGurk lapdogs in CENCTCOM but metter of the fact is that they were among the least leatheal gruops in Syrian arena. W/O US and allies resources, and I dont mean just air and artillery cover, but intel, strategy, not to mention imbeded US SF unites, they are no match for majority of actors in that arena. Gruops who fight with TSK in Afrin, are tough sobs, they fought 7 years against all ods, they fought YPG, regime, Hezbollah and other shia militias, and all that while being bombed from the sky. Afrin was the first time YPG rats found them self with out US aircover and other perks since Kobani. We all saw their videos, perplexed, afraid, suprised...

Afrin was their fortress, we all saw intercate tunnel networks, concrete underground bunkers, atop of that terreain which was made for defensive postirion, dont to mention that YPG in Afrin operated since late 80s, had deep roots there, many hardened supporters... and still they underwhelmed by their performance. You think that forced conscripted arabs and many Kurds in areas of Raqqa will fight to the death. Im ready to bet my good arm that many od them will change sides or just flee.

I have a feeling this operation will start early next week, possibly early night hours of Monday.

Again, the timing is a bit odd and the whole strategy on Syria is "lazy." This operation should have been done years ago to clear ISIS and the YPG, that in of it self would have created a buffer zone to house the millions on Syrians instead of letting them enter Turkey. Overall, it could have been done better, but it's better late than never.

I have a feeling this operation will start early next week, possibly early night hours of Monday.

Again, the timing is a bit odd and the whole strategy on Syria is "lazy." This operation should have been done years ago to clear ISIS and the YPG, that in of it self would have created a buffer zone to house the millions on Syrians instead of letting them enter Turkey. Overall, it could have been done better, but it's better late than never.
They also realize it.

Erdogan: Turkey has lost a lot of time to intervene in the quagmire of terrorism east of the Euphrates, and we will not be able to delay one day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom