What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

I don't see any problem. Any proxy force on the ground that acts against Turkey's will, would be easily flattened by Russian airforce. Proxy without Turkish support has no real power, nor has any meaning to be a threat towards Russian army.
That is true. If they want to be kebabed let them be. I just hope Turkish armies forces don't put their hand in the fire when Russian air force goes apeshit on them. Tel Rifaat is not important. Our goal at this moment is to dismember YPG territories. We still need Russia to launch into the east of the river. If we cut the connection between Iraq and Manbij everything will fall into place but these Islamist baboons think on the short term.

I think they have control over the groups in the south in Al Tanf. They have limited power in Idlib after Operation Euphrates Shield. I am worried about the situation in Al Tanf as some sources are claiming that heavy equipment is being sent to the area.
It's good news if "Heavy equipment are sent in the south"..
That could loosen up the pressure in the North.

It's good news if "Heavy equipment are sent in the south"..
That could loosen up the pressure in the North.
Pressure can be expected only around Northern Hama and I am not sure what is being talked behind closed doors. Idlib from east and from Latakia side are safe. I am not happy about any advancement of US direct backed forces. The process of the rebels going to a state where political negotiations must be Turkish controlled.

They want more harsh actions against HTS.

I don't think that was it. HTS is bombed everyday, by RU in Idlib.
They lost a majority of "border" with ASSad, except few pockets in the south Idlib.
And Idlib op and therefore ending HTS was already spoken by TR, since weeks.

"I think" the Russians wanted something in exchange, a city/land in Idlib region, But it wasn't possible.

I think they have control over the groups in the south in Al Tanf. They have limited power in Idlib after Operation Euphrates Shield. I am worried about the situation in Al Tanf as some sources are claiming that heavy equipment is being sent to the area.
You mean:Americans have control over the groups in the south in Al Tanf? Americans are sending equipment to FSA??

Pressure can be expected only around Northern Hama and I am not sure what is being talked behind closed doors. Idlib from east and from Latakia side are safe. I am not happy about any advancement of US direct backed forces. The process of the rebels going to a state where political negotiations must be Turkish controlled.
South Syria, has "almost" no Turkish influence.
It's mostly US/Jordanian/Arabs

You mean:Americans have control over the groups in the south in Al Tanf? Americans are sending equipment to FSA??
Could be they are making a "safe zone" with bases and such. To lock it.
Like in East Euphrate.

If you remember I said here 5-7 days ago : FSA is viable to be controlled by Saudis and Americas. There is a thread always loosing control over them.

Yes the Americans have control over the groups of Al Tanf and the equipment that is being sent I think is not going to FSA but in support of the US troops. I remember when they sent some tanks and other equipment to Jordan and now we are hearing information from twitter pages and from Russian sources that they are sending it to Al Tanf. Its interesting development because the US forces there have enough power and trained manpower to defend itself from possible attack.

Not so long ago FSA was begging TOW missiles from the US so they could attack Assad again. Don't underestimate the treachery capable by these Arabs. I hope Turkey has learnt from its history and doesn't look at these arabs from a romantic point of view. These FSA aren't even locals I believe. Some might be but most of them are internationalist Islamists who doesn't mind to ride the American cock carousel.

I believe at some point we have to ditch FSA to come to an understanding with Assad otherwise this war will go on forever and taking out Assad is impossible with Russia and Iran having invested so much. I don't mind using these FSA as diapers. Everybody is using them so why shouldn't we? At the least we have to ditch the ones who don't listen but the question is how much of FSA will be left when we ditch the Islamists. Real Syrians who are in Turkish cities don't want to fight.

One thing is certain. We need to change some things within the FSA. Not so long ago there were some fights between fighters in Afrin. And before that they started looting. They should be thankful to Turkey. If they control any land in syria it is thanks to Turkish help but I doubt FSA fighters understand this.

Southern front FSA will be annihilated by SAA and Russia in next few months, so Turkey will be the only FSA representive country on the table.

Not so long ago FSA was begging TOW missiles from the US so they could attack Assad again. Don't underestimate the treachery capable by these Arabs. I hope Turkey has learnt from its history and doesn't look at these arabs from a romantic point of view. These FSA aren't even locals I believe. Some might be but most of them are internationalist Islamists who doesn't mind to ride the American cock carousel.

I believe at some point we have to ditch FSA to come to an understanding with Assad otherwise this war will go on forever and taking out Assad is impossible with Russia and Iran having invested so much. I don't mind using these FSA as diapers. Everybody is using them so why shouldn't we? At the least we have to ditch the ones who don't listen but the question is how much of FSA will be left when we ditch the Islamists. Real Syrians who are in Turkish cities don't want to fight.

One thing is certain. We need to change some things within the FSA. Not so long ago there were some fights between fighters in Afrin. And before that they started looting. They should be thankful to Turkey. If they control any land in syria it is thanks to Turkish help but I doubt FSA fighters understand this.
:hitwall:

Last edited:
Yes the Americans have control over the groups of Al Tanf and the equipment that is being sent I think is not going to FSA but in support of the US troops.
But America might have sent to ypg, on the other hand, they are withdrawing their forces from Syria, today Trump has anounced.

But America might have sent to ypg, on the other hand, they are withdrawing their forces from Syria, today Trump has anounced.

Dont believe it, the department of foreign affairs quickly made a statement that they are not aware of any plans to leave Syria soon..

If the USA leave syria to saudians, Russia will start supporting ypg and kurds.

Edit( time of statement not clear)
MFA of Russia stated "They are concern situation of kurds" :)))

Back
Top Bottom