What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Seems Tell Rifaat salient front is opening up, Shaalah, west of al Bab, captured from YPG
It makes sense to take it from the east and west. From behind their fortifications as well cutting off regime held areas to prevent them from.moving north. I'm going to gloat a little and say I called it earlier.
I agree I don't understand why so little has been done along the Tel Rifaat strip but im not in the command room to know everything that's going on. I would think the closer we are to Afrin city, the more likely movement will take place in this area. If there isn't you know there were agreements made prior to the start of the ops.
Right now if OB forces were to move into Tel Rifaat or Minagh then they would be vulnerable from the west, and Assad would move north from Aleppo like they did during the elbab offensive to take tadif. Then they would need to manage Syrian forces to the south as well as the YPG in Afrin region.
I would say though, if they do go for the tel Rifaat region, I think it would be better to take it from the east. Moving west from El Bab. This should cut short any northward movement from Assad and also encircle Tel Rifaat from north, east as well as the west. Tel Rifaat is heavily fortified.

h

Yes i am worried about the rest of the world. I dont want people to think Turkey invades syria.

Yes, maybe i exaggerated the meaning of it. But i am worried about the future. Thats all

Turkey ofcourse. What did you think it was?

Pretty much this.

You're an asshole. Didnt you try to convince everyone in this forum that you are an American ?
( I am talkin about your other account "Trollhunter" )
@cabatli_53 he is not a trollhunter he is a troll himself. Please do what needs to be done.

You're an asshole. Didnt you try to convince everyone in this forum that you are an American ?
( I am talkin about your other account "Trollhunter" )
@cabatli_53 he is not a trollhunter he is a troll himself. Please do what needs to be done.

Nope. This is my first and only account.

After all the operations, we still couldn't teach these FSA guys not to shout tekbir for everything. The guy sees 2 boxes of weapons and starts shouting Allahu Akbar. I mean why... Dude just load them up and get in formation. Why all the shouting? Allah is already there watching you anyway.

From what I've seen, the FSA red berets are much more organized than these small brigades. They are much more disciplined. These amateurs most probably even slow down progress on many areas during operations. We saw how they are still shooting randomly, after all the instruction and after all these years of war. We should give training to all of them instead of picking. It will put them all in order. It will be much better for them. Then perhaps, they can build a better nation for themselves, instead of shouting tekbir any time they see a camera rolling.

You have a problem with them shouting gods name, why you so hurt? maybe you should go do the fighting instead. It is a cultural thing, if thats what motivates them then so be it.

Americans shout "hell ye", Kurds shout "biji miji", TFSA shout "Allahuakbar" but thats a problem of course. Do you suggest we regulate every word that comes out of there mouth? this is impossible.

Long as they do there job whats the problem, so what westerners think, if not "Allahuakbar" they will call them jihadists because of there beards, if not that there dress, if not that simply because they are Muslims aligned with Turkey. Dont you see all the "Turkey = ISIS" propaganda they make about Turkish soldiers already.

I would like to point out that uncontrolled militia becomes a problem afterwards. Libya is a good example of this. Even after getting rid of the old dictator, the militia are using the weapons to grab power or resist anything they don't like.

So it's a problem if TSK doesn't have a list of captured weapons and how many has been handed out to the FSA. We expect the US to keep track of the weapons they hand out, but it would have been better if TSK had been the one to keep track of what the US handed out. Anyhow, we're just as responsible for the FSA behavior now that we support them. Which is why we should keep track of how the captured weapons.

I would like to point out that uncontrolled militia becomes a problem afterwards. Libya is a good example of this. Even after getting rid of the old dictator, the militia are using the weapons to grab power or resist anything they don't like.

So it's a problem if TSK doesn't have a list of captured weapons and how many has been handed out to the FSA. We expect the US to keep track of the weapons they hand out, but it would have been better if TSK had been the one to keep track of what the US handed out. Anyhow, we're just as responsible for the FSA behavior now that we support them. Which is why we should keep track of how the captured weapons.

Exactly, After Euphrates Shield Operation the FSA militias clashed with each other on regular bases because of minor problems and probably, as a result, Turkey drove the HQ's of these groups out of the cities and instead installed newly trained police force.

I didn't see anyone post this :)

Turkish army, FSA seize 12-room underground ammunition depot in Syria's Afrin

A 12-room underground ammunition depot belonging to the PKK terror group's Syrian affiliates the Democratic Union Party (PYD) and its armed wing the People's Protection Units (YPG) was discovered Sunday amid Operation Olive Branch in northwestern Syria's Afrin.

The Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) and the Free Syrian Army (FSA) found the depot during detection operations in the countryside of Afrin city center.

The 150-meter-long depot was found in the village of Cuvek, northwest of Afrin.

Instead of bombing the depot, the Turkey-backed forces entered it and took over its control without harming any of the civilians hiding inside, said the source who refused to be named due to restrictions on speaking to the media.

In the depot, thousands of U.S. and Russian made anti-aircraft flak and DShK rounds, anti-tank rockets, artillery shells, multiple rocket launcher ammunition and various kinds of tank ammunition and U.S. made TOW rockets were seized.

Also, in the village of Telef, the forces took control of a terrorist training camp where members where indoctrinated.

Books written by jailed PKK terrorist leader Abdullah Öcalan, numerous organizational documents, and banners were seized.

Photographs and symbols representing the terrorists were posted on the walls.

Turkey on Jan. 20 launched Operation Olive Branch to remove the PYD and the YPG as well as remaining Daesh elements from Afrin.

According to the Turkish General Staff, the operation aims to establish security and stability along Turkey's borders and the region as well as protect Syrians from terrorist cruelty and oppression.

source: https://www.dailysabah.com/war-on-t...-underground-ammunition-depot-in-syrias-afrin

I didn't see anyone post this :)

Turkish army, FSA seize 12-room underground ammunition depot in Syria's Afrin

A 12-room underground ammunition depot belonging to the PKK terror group's Syrian affiliates the Democratic Union Party (PYD) and its armed wing the People's Protection Units (YPG) was discovered Sunday amid Operation Olive Branch in northwestern Syria's Afrin.

The Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) and the Free Syrian Army (FSA) found the depot during detection operations in the countryside of Afrin city center.

The 150-meter-long depot was found in the village of Cuvek, northwest of Afrin.

Instead of bombing the depot, the Turkey-backed forces entered it and took over its control without harming any of the civilians hiding inside, said the source who refused to be named due to restrictions on speaking to the media.

In the depot, thousands of U.S. and Russian made anti-aircraft flak and DShK rounds, anti-tank rockets, artillery shells, multiple rocket launcher ammunition and various kinds of tank ammunition and U.S. made TOW rockets were seized.

Also, in the village of Telef, the forces took control of a terrorist training camp where members where indoctrinated.

Books written by jailed PKK terrorist leader Abdullah Öcalan, numerous organizational documents, and banners were seized.

Photographs and symbols representing the terrorists were posted on the walls.

Turkey on Jan. 20 launched Operation Olive Branch to remove the PYD and the YPG as well as remaining Daesh elements from Afrin.

According to the Turkish General Staff, the operation aims to establish security and stability along Turkey's borders and the region as well as protect Syrians from terrorist cruelty and oppression.

source: https://www.dailysabah.com/war-on-t...-underground-ammunition-depot-in-syrias-afrin
No mention of Iranian Ammunition... Interesting...

I think the weapons need to be shared under control of the TSK. After all, you do not know where they will end
They need to be destroyed, you cant be sure that those weapons are any good. Maybe they are booby trapped? I mean, they have time to set cars on fire but not to take weapons with them. Sounds fishy

They need to be destroyed, you cant be sure that those weapons are any good. Maybe they are booby trapped? I mean, they have time to set cars on fire but not to take weapons with them. Sounds fishy
That amount of weapon is not like something you can put in your car...
You will need a good lot of Trucks filled to the top... and therefore being spotted...
The Depot was already targeted by TSK...therefore anyone trying to "empty" it will have been striked.
So either you play your suicide card, to take some or you just let it be... it' snot like they are losing something... they have plenty of "support" to get them back in night... EIther by US or RU/IR

And the depot who was booby trapped were destroyed, like the one in Afrin, few days back.

Back
Top Bottom