What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

DUpmx6RW0AYq96M.jpg:large

Assad has done more than massacre islamist and he had more choice. He could have choice to leave his office and organize real election....he choice to stay in power by killing thousand, bombing and destroying his own cities without thinking about civilian casualty.

Yes we must make a deal with him (he still our neihgbours), but he is a bloody dictator.

There was too much outside meddling for Assad to do that. In Libya we have seen the democratic bearded friends of the US who opposed Gaddafi. Is there democracy in Libya right now? Syrian war was a loose loose. These things happen in Muslim countries because there is one man leadership.. one person who want to make all the choices. It should be powerful lesson for the current Islamist Turkish leadership. I hope they finally started to make notes and stop turning Turkey into an one man show with the presidential system(Assad’s system).

Interesting. Nytimes just published an Article about Olive Branch Operation and that article is written by non other that Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu our Minister of Foreign Affair. Check this out ;
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/28/opinion/us-turkey-syria-allies.html

A good article that clearly demonstrates the position of Turkey, U.S, NATO and the situation in northern Syria.

But it is strange that this criticism is presented open and exposed in one of the largest media sources of the US. Is there still an internal conflict between Trump and his rivals?

The terror group has been given manpads by usa so we have to use helicopters with great care from longer distances in attack helis and supplies to controlled areas for transport helis.

For tunnels in city battles after capturing a building digging a pole near our captured buildings with a vibration sensor on it can alert ongoing tunnel drill operations to plant explosives by terrorists nearby. A simpler version with sand on the pole instead of a sophisticated vibration sensor is used in Syria for a long time as I remember.

For atgms it is like a long distance ied. Mostly fired from static places. Route planning should be made accordingly. Passive defense of large columns by using thermal quad copter uav in each column alerting an atgm launch for going back to a secure place is possible in my opinion. Then artillery to detected atgm positions.

European press is very silent about this olive branch operation.

I think they finally understand Turkey and the EU is in the same boat. And US is both hurting EU and Turkey.

When this operation to create a safe zone in Syria is completed, despite the US.. the Syrian refugees, at least a great bulk will go back to Syria.

This is in the interest of the EU too. Europeans need to understand that US interests and Europeans interests aren’t the same. Turkey could have leverage this if we didn’t have bone headed leadership. Instead of making an enemy out of every European we should have chosen diplomacy. At the current moment I find Turkish diplomacy excellent.

They need to close every tunnel opening with C4. This time we were lucky that the FSA caught them the next could lead to unnecessary deaths.

Back
Top Bottom