What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Turkey will go first to Manbij, maybe later Afrin.

Alerady began

M4 Highway setup to be boarder line between SAA and ES Forces.

Afrin will follow later , depending on political agreements.

Tal Rifat is no challenge. Minningh airport belongs to SAA. There is the main issue.

Al-bab is a waste of resource for us. We lost so many FSA rebels and soldiers and tanks because of it. Our main aim should be to take afrin, manbij etc. YPG areas
I agree that Afrin and Manbij serves much higher importance to any Türk then Al-Bab. Any Türk anyday would prefer to first get rid of YPG threat within its borders, over Daesh, since it's clear as daylight that many countries, especially western ones, are planning in forming an autonomous state in Nothern Syria (Rojava). But there is no such risk from Daesh, no country is officially supporting them, and any power knows the strength and influence of Daesh is fading away. Half of Mosul is gone from them, they lost most of their power in Nothern Syria, US coalition led YPG is steadily heading towards ar-Raqqah, And SAA fighting them in Deir-ez-Zoor.
However, Turkish initiative of fighting Daesh was rather a smart move. A great excuse to set foot on Syrian soils, and deploy all sorts of military personnel and equipments, succesfully utilizing our T-155 howitzers and more. The corridor cleanse operation (Eurphrates Shield) was begun, due to Daesh - however, our real aim is not really Daesh, it's as we always stated, the ones who moves west for Euphrates River, that's exactly why the name of the operation is Euphrates Shield.

What lies west for Euphrates is the YPG of Manbij. After the cleanse of al-Bab (Bzaa and Qabasin included) I guess shortly the real rat hunt will emerge.

Another importance of the Euphrates Shield against Daesh is, that FSA needed to earn credibility, as our allies repeatedly were arguing that the only effective force against Daesh is the "Kurds" (YPG) - hence all aid must go to the "Kurds" (YPG). And to justify their "Kurds" (YPG), they formed them under a new umbrella, a strategic tag was thus alligned, "SDF" (Syrian Democratic Forces). Though, Turkey is very well aware of all the 100 different tag these degenerates are using.

All the area between Al Bab and our borders will be under constant threat if you don't include Albab to this cleaned territory. No need for partisanship here. This is totally obvious for everyone who is aware of the overall situation.

If you think about the distant future, Al Bab is the perfect city for relocating hundreds of thousands of refugees from Turkey.
How do you know all that border with ypg won't be a safe heaven for pkk attacks in the future?

He didn't say that we would stop our ops in Syria. He just mentioned that our first goal would be achieved after liberating Albab. I'm convinced that they will launch a second operation with a different name. Title is misleading.
Lets see if they can convince US on dropping ypg.

Jordan will increase support to it's proxies to set safe zone next to her borders, Turkey is also going to remove KCK scum and set safe zone. I wonder what will Israel do. I do hope they enlarge their Golan area into Syria in order to remove IS pocket next to Israel border and make there safe zone.

Back
Top Bottom