What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

I agree that Afrin and Manbij serves much higher importance to any Türk then Al-Bab. Any Türk anyday would prefer to first get rid of YPG threat within its borders, over Daesh, since it's clear as daylight that many countries, especially western ones, are planning in forming an autonomous state in Nothern Syria (Rojava). But there is no such risk from Daesh, no country is officially supporting them, and any power knows the strength and influence of Daesh is fading away. Half of Mosul is gone from them, they lost most of their power in Nothern Syria, US coalition led YPG is steadily heading towards ar-Raqqah, And SAA fighting them in Deir-ez-Zoor.
However, Turkish initiative of fighting Daesh was rather a smart move. A great excuse to set foot on Syrian soils, and deploy all sorts of military personnel and equipments, succesfully utilizing our T-155 howitzers and more. The corridor cleanse operation (Eurphrates Shield) was begun, due to Daesh - however, our real aim is not really Daesh, it's as we always stated, the ones who moves west for Euphrates River, that's exactly why the name of the operation is Euphrates Shield.

What lies west for Euphrates is the YPG of Manbij. After the cleanse of al-Bab (Bzaa and Qabasin included) I guess shortly the real rat hunt will emerge.

Another importance of the Euphrates Shield against Daesh is, that FSA needed to earn credibility, as our allies repeatedly were arguing that the only effective force against Daesh is the "Kurds" (YPG) - hence all aid must go to the "Kurds" (YPG). And to justify their "Kurds" (YPG), they formed them under a new umbrella, a strategic tag was thus alligned, "SDF" (Syrian Democratic Forces). Though, Turkey is very well aware of all the 100 different tag these degenerates are using.

Ok, so why only manbij. When we have manbij what is going to change, what about the other 500km+ border that ypg is going to have. They can use that as a safe heaven for pkk. It was a big mistake allowing them that much land anyways. They own 35% of syria now.

what are you talking about ? which ally ?

Draco IMF is iranian. Their ally syria and their so called pact, if anyone touches syria they supposedly touch iran. Their red line's was pissed on by everyone.

Hey turks, I dont know what your google maps is showing
but last time I looked on Google Maps Al-Bab belonged to Syria, and in future will also belong to Syria
You better coordinate with the legitimate goverment of Syria and the legitimate ally Russia, or else your wannabe superpower azz will be wiped on the floor

Last time I looked we secured land over your beloved syria and supplied fsa with weapons and pissed on your ''red lines''?? Syria is finished, thus you lost an important ally.

Last time I looked we secured land over your beloved syria and supplied fsa with weapons and pissed on your ''red lines''?? Syria is finished, thus you lost an important ally.

how many Leopard tanks you have lost? sorry, i forgot...12? 15? just in some days
pretty good ratio, you guys are clearly battle hardened and experienced guys...
Syira, finished? 8-) thank you, had a very god laugh

how many Leopard tanks you have lost? sorry, i forgot...12? 15? just in some days
pretty good ratio, you guys are clearly battle hardened and experienced guys...
Syira, finished? 8-) thank you, had a very god laugh
How many '' advisors'' did you lose? A thousand? Pretty battle hardened ey.

How many '' advisors'' did you lose? A thousand? Pretty battle hardened ey.

No need to quote such fake sources like Google Maps and fall for the bait to derail the topic/thread. IMO, report the post and move on without quoting.

Regards,

Ok, so why only manbij. When we have manbij what is going to change, what about the other 500km+ border that ypg is going to have. They can use that as a safe heaven for pkk. It was a big mistake allowing them that much land anyways. They own 35% of syria now.

Draco IMF is iranian. Their ally syria and their so called pact, if anyone touches syria they supposedly touch iran. Their red line's was pissed on by everyone.

What exactly are we doing in Syria mate?

I didn't mean that. I mean, what are our supposed goals in Syria?

Counter PYD or any affiliated groups who are with them. The Q is: " will it succeed?" after all those fighting are Syrians (99%) in north syria. And those turkish's fsa allies... are not ASSad/russian friendly... Let's see who's gonna succeed in keeping their proxies in check.. Russia/iran or Turkey...

AFP confirmed that Turkish and FSA troops definitely entered Al-BAB city center from west.
Turkish F-16 jets are fyling low level altitude attacks at AL-BAB city.
Defence expert Yarar claimed that Turkish Military intelligence delivered Russian military evidence that a Syrian-Iranian clique delivered Russian Air Force fake ISIS targets, to demolish Russian-Turkish relations and that Russian spokesman Peskovs statement was done in inconciousness of that.

Counter PYD or any affiliated groups who are with them. The Q is: " will it succeed?" after all those fighting are Syrians (99%) in north syria. And those turkish's fsa allies... are not ASSad/russian friendly... Let's see who's gonna succeed in keeping their proxies in check.. Russia/iran or Turkey...
What about ISIS?

What about ISIS?
ISIS..mhh let's say it's a "good" scapegoat. Everyone is using it to reach their own targets.
Assad and allies, it's an escuse to keep rebels in check and an escuse to attack Rebels. As for PYD and such it's a mean to expand their territories as for Turkey it's an escuse to have more influence and get inside the conflict and expand.... . per exemple assad did not fight ISIS till few weeks back, when fsa and turkey got to close to them.... and if you say " and palmyre and deir ez zor?... well I let you see a syrian map, and you will see that Assad and ISIS share more than palmyre fronts....

it's an escuse to keep rebels in check and an escuse to attack Rebels.
That is none of our business.

As for PYD and such it's a mean to expand their territories as for Turkey it's an escuse to have more influence and get inside the conflict and expand....

What do you mean by "expand"? Are we still on agreement that it is now just militias invading here and there? What can even be "expanded" in this situation..?

That is none of our business.

What do you mean by "expand"? Are we still on agreement that it is now just militias invading here and there? What can even be "expanded" in this situation..?

influence...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom