What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

@cabatli_53 bro I have a request from you regarding this thread. Actually I was thinking of sending a PM but I thought everyone should know and act accordingly. It's about OPINT leaks threatening PERSEC/OPSEC. I will carry on my message but before I proceed; public or private your call?

The faces of our soldiers should be blurred in all pictures even here by the posters as a matter of responsibility.

However full PERSEC/OPSEC cannot be guaranteed here because this site only recycles other sources. Everybody uses social media as a source. And its the original uploaders of pictures, maps, and operational information there that are creating risks.

Posters can blurr a face here, but then the provided source contains the unblurred image.

Sites like SonKale etc are notorious for disregarding OPSEC/PERSEC and they are even well known by non-Turkish internet goers.

At the end of the day in the last year or two our military has fallen into the same poser epidemic as every other NATO army. And our own soldiers are also disregarding PERSEC/OPSEC rules.

There is a reason we are so proud of our people and our army. They were absolutely moral people. We heard how they treated their prisoners and their (prisoners) letters that says they are safe, happy and content with their Turkish captors. We were sharing our food with them while there isnt enough for us. We are today still doctirinated to protect, guard innocents and defend what is right.

For example some western countries doctirinate their soldiers to be killing machines, to be best at killing. That is not our way. I really hate ISIS because they dont deserve all that i mention. We can win all our fights, we can nuke all other countries, we can technicly solve some of our problem by massacre BUT there is no honour in it, there is no prestige.

Our ancestors not only conquered land and people they also conquered HEARTS. I wont accept corruption of our culture, morality of people, doctrine of our army. So even though they are ISIS scum i dont agree with treating prisoners harshly. We are better then them! If people starts to think it is okay to torture prisoners we might become like ISIS we behead, burn people. How civilized is that?

The faces of our soldiers should be blurred in all pictures even here by the posters as a matter of responsibility.

However full PERSEC/OPSEC cannot be guaranteed here because this site only recycles other sources. Everybody uses social media as a source. And its the original uploaders of pictures, maps, and operational information there that are creating risks.

Posters can blurr a face here, but then the provided source contains the unblurred image.

Sites like SonKale etc are notorious for disregarding OPSEC/PERSEC and they are even well known by non-Turkish internet goers.

At the end of the day in the last year or two our military has fallen into the same poser epidemic as every other NATO army. And our own soldiers are also disregarding PERSEC/OPSEC rules.

Excatly. That's what I was trying to point out. Please refer to Jackal's post everyone.

I agree that these Twitter accounts gone berserk to present things first so that they got a name on themselves along with reputation in the name of patriotism and feeding our nationalist anger. I am quite OK with it but this thing is out of control right now. And despite the fact that the original content providers do it unsecure, I assume most of them are uzman erbas or so on anyways. We have got to do one thing, at least what falls on our plate.

We can not limit freedom of access to information naturally. But given the intense situation of this operation and its grave consequences that most people dont know about in digital world. My proposition is this: For the time being, we should all come into the terms and agree that we may no longer post media about this Operation, unless its official and blurred [note that blurring isn't the only requirement](btw, even official doesnt take faces seriously). I know it's easy to find leaking content and perhaps its an inevitable flow. But in regards to content like this, lesser the eyes better for the sake of the all.

I need feedback on this if necessary. But this thing here is getting out of control in this thread. It already is on Twitter and Facebook but that doesn't mean we should let it go. As a former fellow of yours, you know me well and I demand you to agree with this request so that @cabatli_53 can make it an unconditional rule. We live in grieve times that we dont have any luxuries on tolerating not even a bit of a leak, or letting one more eye to see it.

@Sinan @xenon54 @T-123456 @Combat-Master and all other fellow Turkish nationals.

Last edited:
Excatly. That's what I was trying to point out. Please refer to Jackal's post everyone.

I agree that these Twitter accounts gone berserk to present things first so that they got a name on themselves along with reputation in the name of patriotism and feeding our nationalist anger. I am quite OK with it but this thing is out of control right now. And despite the fact that the original content providers do it unsecure. I assume most of them are uzman erbas or so on. We have got to one thing, at least what falls on our plate.

We can not limit freedom of access to information naturally. But given the intense situation of this operation and its grave consequences that most people dont know about in digital world. My proposition is this: For the time being, we should all come into the terms and agree that we may no longer post media about this Operation, unless its official and blurred (btw, even official doesnt take faces seriously). I know it's easy to find and perhaps its an inevitable flow. But in regards to content like this, lesser the eyes better for the sake of the all.

I need feedback on this if necessary. But this thing here is getting out of control in this thread. It already is on Twitter and Facebook but that doesn't mean we should let it go. As a former fellow of yours, you know my background and I demand you to agree with this request so that @cabatli_53 can make it an unconditional rule. We live in grieve times that we dont have any luxuries on tolerating not even a bit of a leak, or letting one more eye to see it.

@Sinan @xenon54 @T-123456 @Combat-Master and all other fellow Turkish nationals.
I agree, posting the idedtitiy of a soldier in Syria might endanger his life, its not worth the 15s fame.

I agree that these Twitter accounts gone berserk to present things first so that they got a name on themselves along with reputation in the name of patriotism and feeding our nationalist anger. I am quite OK with it but this thing is out of control right now. And despite the fact that the original content providers do it unsecure, I assume most of them are uzman erbas or so on anyways. We have got to do one thing, at least what falls on our plate.

We can not limit freedom of access to information naturally. But given the intense situation of this operation and its grave consequences that most people dont know about in digital world. My proposition is this: For the time being, we should all come into the terms and agree that we may no longer post media about this Operation, unless its official and blurred [note that blurring isn't the only requirement](btw, even official doesnt take faces seriously). I know it's easy to find leaking content and perhaps its an inevitable flow. But in regards to content like this, lesser the eyes better for the sake of the all.

I need feedback on this if necessary. But this thing here is getting out of control in this thread. It already is on Twitter and Facebook but that doesn't mean we should let it go. As a former fellow of yours, you know me well and I demand you to agree with this request so that @cabatli_53 can make it an unconditional rule. We live in grieve times that we dont have any luxuries on tolerating not even a bit of a leak, or letting one more eye to see it.

Agreed brothers. I will track on such posts but expect all to interfere the members regularly posting not blurry images of our soldiers or spreading false propaganda news taken from hostile sources. I will issue necessary warnings for such members anymore.

I dont understand why half of Qabasin is still under ISIS control? South of Qabasin is important to encircle Al-Bab why are they keep trying to attack from one front? Plus leaving that area under ISIS control limits the escape routes that civilians can take.

I dont understand why half of Qabasin is still under ISIS control? South of Qabasin is important to encircle Al-Bab why are they keep trying to attack from one front? Plus leaving that area under ISIS control limits the escape routes that civilians can take.

Qabasin was taken like 2-3 times and each time FSA had to retreat because of VBIEDs and the ISIS positions on a hill over looking the city.

Qabasin was taken like 2-3 times and each time FSA had to retreat because of VBIEDs and the ISIS positions on a hill over looking the city.

Well then if they cant take half of Qabasin how are they supposed to take Al-Bab which is 3-4x bigger? I think they should plan a solution for vbieds and take it permanently.

The fact that ISIS furiously tried o take it back proves that Qabasin is strategically important for siege of al-bab.

Back
Top Bottom