What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

IMG_5072.JPG

@Neptune @cabatli_53

Lads I had a conversation on the phone today with someone very qualified about what we mentioned earlier regarding OPSEC/PERSEC etc.

He had a look through the thread. And stated that in todays informaiton age and the requirement for volunteers in our military/police, it was more important we promote our counter terror operations as the media in Turkey is not capable of doing so.

He stated that certain terrorist groups are far superior at online media promotion and propaganda. Which blocks out the truth of the terror we fight on a daily basis as well as making our military look like its not responding at all. He said it was threads like this that give information and awareness in English that help us fight back against false terrorist propaganda generate positive exposure internationally for our military.

Essentially I was told that the terrorists are already detailing and publishing every move we make online and twisting their own lies and propaganda into it anyway. If we stop posting the truth, what our troops are doing, and what the situation is, we are giving up and allowing them to win the information war. The only information available to the public will be what the terrorists want them to see and believe.

The suggestion I was givien was to tell everyone that blacking out faces was important and we should ensure we do so to any pictures if we are the original uploader. Critically, he said that talking about the operation and what is happening, generating awareness about how our soldiers are fighting and what they are doing, and also countering the terrorist lies with fact, is absolutely paramount in the information age.

I created the page Turkish Security News on Facebook a few weeks ago, I now have 75 page likes and almost 80 followers. I post pro Turkey info so that it can be shared around the internet.

Guys it is so important that you like and follow my page and share the posts with your friends especially if you have a lot of non Turkish Facebook friends. The reason why I say my page is because it might be the only legit English language page on Facebook about Turkish military and security issues. After long hours of making Döner kebap and Pide I take a break and help our soldiers with this page.

Follow @TRsecNews on Facebook

Others if they have time should also create accounts especially on Twitter.

@Neptune @cabatli_53

Lads I had a conversation on the phone today with someone very qualified about what we mentioned earlier regarding OPSEC/PERSEC etc.

He had a look through the thread. And stated that in todays informaiton age and the requirement for volunteers in our military/police, it was more important we promote our counter terror operations as the media in Turkey is not capable of doing so.

He stated that certain terrorist groups are far superior at online media promotion and propaganda. Which blocks out the truth of the terror we fight on a daily basis as well as making our military look like its not responding at all. He said it was threads like this that give information and awareness in English that help us fight back against false terrorist propaganda generate positive exposure internationally for our military.

Essentially I was told that the terrorists are already detailing and publishing every move we make online and twisting their own lies and propaganda into it anyway. If we stop posting the truth, what our troops are doing, and what the situation is, we are giving up and allowing them to win the information war. The only information available to the public will be what the terrorists want them to see and believe.

The suggestion I was givien was to tell everyone that blacking out faces was important and we should ensure we do so to any pictures if we are the original uploader. Critically, he said that talking about the operation and what is happening, generating awareness about how our soldiers are fighting and what they are doing, and also countering the terrorist lies with fact, is absolutely paramount in the information age.
Doesnt the state know all this,why not set up a counter propaganda agency/team/organisation with professionals financed by the state?
Other countries have that for decades now,why do we have to come up with the suggestion?
The PKK can do that but the Turkish state has never thought of it,despite many calls for it.

Doesnt the state know all this,why not set up a counter propaganda agency/team/organisation with professionals financed by the state?
Other countries have that for decades now,why do we have to come up with the suggestion?
The PKK can do that but the Turkish state has never thought of it,despite many calls for it.

that is what I always call for a propaganda instiute wich creates documentation, tv think tanks, tv shows, youtube channels, facebook ,twitter and other sites all around our issue in turkish in english in russian in german and spainish or even chinese but the really importannce is that the documentations and shows are forced into media let them not pay for it but it must be like bbc documentations with good quality also you can make some for uneducated ppl..

also force the imams and involve them in this fight by preparing them into the 20 century and internet give them a platform train them in rethoric and give them some speeches written by propaganda institute.. you know and I know kurds and anatolian ppl are religious ppl you can adress them with this

or is this all not allowed for turkey by US and EU? cant we have our own propaganda ? dont they allow us and do our idiots obey this? what is the reason not to do a nessesary thing to fight PKK and others by the roots? this propaganda thing is a key to sucess its not the only option we need to do.. there are much more things fromlaws, school, government, politics, economy and military to police many many things need to be done but this propaganda thing is for the heads if you loose your head what does it mean for the other parts of your body?

or is this all not allowed for turkey by US and EU? cant we have our own propaganda ? dont they allow us and do our idiots obey this? what is the reason not to do a nessesary thing to fight PKK and others by the roots? this propaganda thing is a key to sucess its not the only option we need to do.. there are much more things fromlaws, school, government, politics, economy and military to police many many things need to be done but this propaganda thing is for the heads if you loose your head what does it mean for the other parts of your body?
Its up to the Turkish government.

a turkish konvoy

Yes there is huge problem in supply and your soldiers are not perfect equipped.
Its -10 in the night and they have to make fire to warm them up.

They need gear, real gear. Don't feel offended they are good warriors. But the operation was not perfect planned.

If you have time watch the video 0:50 plus 2 minutes , gear for all clima ( Merino wool skin and modular gear, partly fire resistant)

Last edited:

They need gear, real gear. Don't feel offended they are good warriors. But the operation was not perfect planned.

If you have time watch the video 0:50 plus 2 minutes , gear for all clima ( Merino wool skin and modular gear, partly fire resistant)

Partly true, it gets colder than -10˚, and yes our troops are under equipped. Some equipment like Combat gloves and eye protection are not even standard issue.

We need to have these things for not just are professional troops but also our conscripts. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I think our troops buy their own sight and optics, since some have grips and Holographic sights, and others only iron sights. Optics should also be standard issue, and again not just for our prof. but also our conscripts.

If you have time watch the video , gear for all clima ( Merino wool skin and modular gear, partly fire resistant)

thats what we all say where is the equipment where are the commandos and special ops.. where is the air support..

I think maybe they made a bad deal with russians and assad and usa.. or some idiots try to send local ppl with little turkish support because they dont want to be the big part in this game..

its not only communication systems and the network behind it.. its more basic stuff they dont use..

correct me

You are right. What you see in the official video, except special technical equipment is almost
our standart gear for combat troops. Yes your guys are under equipped .

Its not colder than -10 there . We have +degrees now . But wind and psyche makes you feel colder

http://www.accuweather.com/de/sy/al-bab/313420/hourly-weather-forecast/313420

I would like to advise your staff to check again CENK-ER project.

Begin with boots and personal gear. You did a good step with Yakupoglu, but then it stopped. Why ?

its more basic stuff they dont use

Respect. Comrade

We NEED to optimize our divisions in all ways possible, otherwise this operation will result in heavy and pointless casualties for us. We don't even have a real tactic tbh.

Back
Top Bottom