What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Qabr al Mukri, captured from ISIL :
Cz4NJjHXgAE7hUn.jpg

Hospital Area Captured in Al-bab
screenshot-syria.liveuamap.com-2016-12-17-21-17-26.png

CzezrkAXUAAeQlz.jpg:large

ypg nasil bukadar ilerlemesine izin veriliyor? ypg advancing?

What is the total amount of FSA in OES? I think the numbers are too low. Is any who left Allepo going to join OES?

If we didn't have stupid generals 1 week.
The generals can accomplish the mission but they have limited resources and political limits as well as social limits because of people who say they don't want Turkish soldiers "dying for Syrians".

The real attack on Al-Bab has not begun, the city is not surrounded yet. Taking the hospital hill area is just positioning, ISIS still has its supply lines to the city open.
---

Our tanks are entrenched when possible and have "Sniper" support.

IMG_4639.JPG

Hm, there is no one here talking about the future of Syria and whether if it will be Balkanized or not.

Say there are 20,000 rebels in this operation and their mission is done after capturing Bab and other areas then what? This is about the rebel's perspective on this operation and what is their future goal once the mission is complete.

I find it very hard to believe they would join Turkey just like that when they saw what was happening in Aleppo and knowing Turkey made a deal with Russia. Also, moving to this operation was one of the reason of Aleppo collapse so there is noway they would join just like that.

There must be some sort of secret deal with rebels and Turkey that no one will know yet, maybe Turkey/rebels will push to the western side again in a larger scale and confront Assad since the rebels won't stay idle after the Euphrates Shield is complete? Will Turkey invade Syria (under the prexext of eliminating YPG etc) in the future? Could it be the reason why they patiently allowed YPG to expand further in the last few months so they could wait for this moment?

Also, I was reading the relationship with Turkey and Hafez/Bashar, it was never stable and both have threatened each over over territorial disputes and harboring PKK.

It tends to be forgotten, but in the fall of 1998 Turkey and Syria almost went to war. The crisis started when Gen. Atilla Ates, commander of the Turkish land forces, spoke near the Syrian border on Sept. 16. Ates, called on Damascus to expel Abdullah Ocalan and the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), the militant group that had been fighting the Turkish government since 1984. The drums of war echoed throughout the Middle East as Turkish tanks seemed poised to roll into Syria. Unwilling to go to war, the government of Hafez al-Assad, father of the current Syrian president, complied with Ankara’s demand and expelled Ocalan. Turkey would capture its public enemy number one in February 1999, five months after Ates’ speech

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2013/09/lessons-syria-turkey-standoff.html

I also wonder what Assad will do when he moves to Turk-FSA areas after he re-capture the remains and what Turkey's response will be if he tries to touch rebel areas under Turkish control?

Last edited:
Hm, there is no one here talking about the future of Syria and whether if it will be Balkanized or not.

Say there are 20,000 rebels in this operation and their mission is done after capturing Bab and other areas then what? This is about the rebel's perspective on this operation and what is their future goal once the mission is complete.

I find it very hard to believe they would join Turkey just like that when they saw what was happening in Aleppo and knowing Turkey made a deal with Russia. Also, moving to this operation was one of the reason of Aleppo collapse so there is noway they would join just like that.

There must be some sort of secret deal with rebels and Turkey that no one will know yet, maybe Turkey/rebels will push to the western side again in a larger scale and confront Assad since the rebels won't stay idle after the Euphrates Shield is complete? Will Turkey invade Syria (under the prexext of eliminating YPG etc) in the future? Could it be the reason why they patiently allowed YPG to expand further in the last few months so they could wait for this moment?

Also, I was reading the relationship with Turkey and Hafez/Bashar, it was never stable and both have threatened each over over territorial disputes and harboring PKK.

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2013/09/lessons-syria-turkey-standoff.html

I also wonder what Iranian controlled-Assad will do when he moves to Turk-FSA areas after he re-capture the remains and what Turkey's response will be if he tries to touch rebel areas under Turkish control?
after Rise of Fsa pKk is more getting stronger because Fsa is against KurdsMinorites so more Kurds are joining pKk to Counter euraphates shields in previous SAA times Syrians don't allow pKk linked gangs

Last edited:
east of eupraths^ ayn al arab where all the suicide bombers are.

Back
Top Bottom