What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Problem, thoses "proxy" too are people with flesh and blood....they certainly have their own interest.

Who cares proxy's life? That is the real reason about why we don't push our army troops in, but instead use FSA proxy with our SF/Artillery/Airforce support. Because FSA members' lifes are far way cheap and less valuable than Turkish Citizen's life. They are there to fight and die for Turkish interests and reduce our losses.

Those "some militias" are the factions we use them as a Proxy. A proxy shouldnt be able to announce something. They are in that region not to talk, but fight against IS and PKK, and die for Turkish interests.

That's easy to say, but hard to materialize. It's not easy to put a leash on hardcore Islamist factions. The only reason they stuck to the plan was that their own interests coincided with Turkey too. I remember in beginning days of this operation, when they sent hundreds of troops from Aleppo city to north Aleppo countryside to fight for Turkey, SAA quickly crushed them in southwest Aleppo and reimposed the siege on Aleppo. Many of them came to social media beginning to curse Turkey and accusing it of backstabbing them, for sending their 'brothers' to fight ISIS while they lose against SAA in Aleppo. Even some accused Turkey of being on the side of Iran/Assad and Russia.

The point is, you may assume you have put a leash on them, but it's far from true. Just wait when there is a conflict of interest between them and Turkey. You may call them moderates, call them FSA or whatever, but at the end, they are all allied together under banned of Jaish al-Fath, which also includes Nusra (JFS) and Ahrar al-Sham terrorists and literally call them brothers in arms.

PS: There will be a huge Jaish al-Fath attack in Aleppo city in coming days, using many VBIEDs, including various terrorist groups. It will be a test to know what's the real intention of those mercenaries fighting in Euphrates Shield operation. Will they simply ignore their comrades in Aleppo and continue to fight SDF or ISIS? It remains to be seen.

If you believe that Euphrates Shield could be started even if Turkey and Russia kept their rivalry, then you are delusional.
Then I am not, because I haven't claimed such thing but better watch your mouth.

I dont think that you are in a position to tell people forgetting real facts.
Of course, I am not but with such "real facts" of yours, you better be prepared for heart attacks...
There is no such thing as "We Turkey strong, we will do anything we want and you will accept our actions".
It doesn't work like that. Besides, who tells you these again? I didn't get it.
We will leave Syria tomorrow morning if our relations turned into rivalry again tonight, period.
We will not. Hopefully, you won't have to see it.
our troops are real people with blood and flesh..
Did somebody claim otherwise?
Those "some militias" are the factions we use them as a Proxy. A proxy shouldnt be able to announce something. They are in that region not to talk, but fight against IS and PKK, and die for Turkish interests.
I am glad, somebody like that is not in charge of the shield.

You are right, every Proxy has time, after they used and throwed away they will rebel to it's owner. FSA is not an exception. They won't be a big problem though, since Turkey is the only door for their supplies. If we cut the supplies, ISIS-SAA-Hezbollah would eat them alive.

If FSA and Isis belonge to the same ideological fraction, where is the difference between Assad and Iran in this instance?

Comparing Assad and İran is wrong as comparing DAESH and FSA.

Provide them support against regime ?

You do. By suplying them weapons. And dont think for a second MiT or whos ever running it doesnt know they will be used against the regime. Rebels there dont need direct fire support. Just enough weapons, esspecially heavy weapons. And by the looks of it, they got planty in recent days.

OMG. Its like most of you started following Syria few days ago. Its all interconnected.

Turkey has more then one enemy in Syria, YPG/PKK is just one of them. Just like Turkey doesnt want to see PKK bases all along its border, its also dfoesnt want the fricking IRGC bases eather, or see Russians turning Syria into its ME Donbas and building large naval base on Med.

C'mon ppl.

So southern Aleppo city front lights up tonight, it seems. Rebel raining GRADS on regime bases in the area. In the northern part military acadamy is also under heavy rebel bombardment. Activity also on MAllah frontline.

Old granpa Kuznetsov may come to late.

You are right, every Proxy has time, after they used and throwed away they will rebel to it's owner. FSA is not an exception. They won't be a big problem though, since Turkey is the only door for their supplies. If we cut the supplies, ISIS-SAA-Hezbollah would eat them alive.

Why are you making a big fuss out of nothing , the main aim of Euphrates shield was to fight and end Kurdish dream of connecting Afrin with Kobane . Fighting isis is just a head cover for this operation , the main aim is PKK .

As long as these rebels are killing PKK dogs I am more than happy , I would rather waste bullets on peasants than isis .

So southern Aleppo city front lights up tonight, it seems. Rebel raining GRADS on regime bases in the area. In the northern part military acadamy is also under heavy rebel bombardment. Activity also on MAllah frontline.

Old granpa Kuznetsov may come to late.
This is what they were talking about on twitter, rebels have prepared to break the siege of Aleppo for a long time, we will see if they can do it.

What do you guys think about the Syrian governments threats to shoot down Turkish jet's next time they "breach their airspace" to bomb YPG?

the main aim of Euphrates shield was to fight and end Kurdish dream of connecting Afrin with Kobane . Fighting isis is just a head cover for this operation , the main aim is PKK .

Of course the aim is removing PKK rats and IS, i also told that multiple times. FSA will keep being useful at least decade. I don't think that they will stop advancing against PKK when they take Tal-Rıfat. I think they will also march into Afrin's center and finish this terror pocket :D

What do you guys think about the Syrian governments threats to shoot down Turkish jet's next time they "breach their airspace" to bomb YPG?

it's bs

Assad is just a Russian proxy and he can never do anything without Russia's approval as much as this hurts the shias on this forum to say this. Assad polishes Russia's shoes first than Irans second.

I think Turkey's involvement with Euphrates shield is to come to a solution with Russia over the whole Syrian conflict with both countries pushing their guys to gain as much territory as they can before a genuine ceasefire is made.

They say three is a crowd in any engagement and in Syria PKK/YPG is the Western proxy that are finally going to get pushed out.

Back
Top Bottom