What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

But the problem is that the incompetent politicians damage the reputation of TSK. What a shameful time to witness...

I dont want his chance, he should stay away from me and stop wasting my time.

I hear ya man, sometimes you just come across 'those' types of people that just don't have it. I won't pry any further on this subject.

Future historians will have a hard time understanding this situation:lol:. Like how dumb do you need to be put your country in a situation like this. You are just making your soldiers die for no reason and you don't even lift your finger to avenge them. They are just sitting there praying some drunkass russian doesn't decide to drop bombs on them.

Future historians will have a hard time understanding this situation:lol:. Like how dumb do you need to be put your country in a situation like this. You are just making your soldiers die for no reason and you don't even lift your finger to avenge them. They are just sitting there praying some drunkass russian doesn't decide to drop bombs on them.
History is far from being an orphan of such "events".
And what is interesting with History, you get to see/understand their "future"...
You can get out of numerous situation with such knowledge...

------------------

After Erdogan's statement its quite clear that Turkey wants to prevent a major escalation.

There can be a number of reasons for this:
- Turkey is economically not ready to engage in a large-scale battle with Russia, Syria and Iran together
- Turkey wants to stretch more time for its search for gas/oil (which will make itself economically independent)
- Turkey does not want to jeopardize its large-scale military projects (which will make Turkey in the next ten years a huge power)

The people who first criticized Turkey not to perform operations are now shouting that Turkey should attack Russia.

However, do they understand the consequences i just pointed out above?

My opinion is that Turkey needs more time.

Ps this does not mean that Turkey has to withdraw from Syria. Turkey's presence in Syria is still of vital importance for its border security..

After Erdogan's statement its quite clear that Turkey wants to prevent a major escalation.

- Turkey is economically not ready to engage in a large-scale battle with Russia, Syria and Iran together
- Turkey wants to stretch more time for its search for gas/oil (which will make itself economically independent)
- Turkey does not want to jeopardize its large-scale military projects (which will make Turkey in the next ten years a huge power)

The people who first criticized Turkey not to perform operations are now shouting that Turkey should attack Russia.

Ps this does not mean that Turkey has to withdraw from Syria. Turkey's presence in Syria is still of vital importance for its border security..

It really doesn't matter... the point you gave are already in jeopardy... Whatever TR goes full War in Syria or not...
- About your Economy... Let's be honest... With a potential of 6-7Mil refugees your economy will be stressed...
- Gas/ Oil? Well, better forget about it... Every Nation/entity who wish you to get out of MED...will take Syria exemple as a fact that TR can be "pushed away" If they get the right backing... ie Russia/US...
- Military projects? With a weaker Economy (bc of Refugees and Internal/External Stress) who will pay for that as a priority? And who will buy them?

That's just a Simple vision of the consequences of such decision... I can still go on and on about consequences... Remember TR will lose whatever she worked for on the International and National maiden in the last Decades...

Already said, previously... Whatever Choice TR goes with... She will lose big...
Now, do not take my words, as TR SHOULD do X or Y or that X or Y is a better solution... It's ultimately the choice of you guys...whatever path you wish to take... BUT never EVER think that the road in the coming decades gonna be a "formality" or even similar to the "vision" that many right now believe in...

I think after this lesson if he doesnt pursue nukes actively then im sorry he shouldn't lead and let others lead who will pursue nukes.
I dont know why we are shy talking about nukes. Whats worse getting nuked or getting sanctioned?

Russia cannot be trusted with any treaty. Its only turkey who works by the rule and this is costing us dearly. If russia was to be entrusted with similar treaties as we are with the montruex they would have broken it repeatedly and here is turkey allowing them to ship weapons against our interest through our straits. To add salt to injury we cannot even let russia be threatened by our allies through the straits by limiting their passage.
This status quo must be immediately be reviewed and if our leaders are clever the crises with russia can be played to our advantage by pursing nukes openly. Turkey can convince the western allies to put a blind eye to its activity as theyre not willing to protect us from this menace russia then we will by our nukes

I think after this lesson if he doesnt pursue nukes actively then im sorry he shouldn't lead and let others lead who will pursue nukes.
I dont know why we are shy talking about nukes. Whats worse getting nuked or getting sanctioned?

Russia cannot be trusted with any treaty. Its only turkey works by the rule and this is costing us dearly. If russia was to be entrusted with similar treaties as we are with the montruex they would have broken it repeatedly and here is turkey allowing them to ship weapons against our interest through our straits. To add salt to injury we cannot even let russia be threatened by our allies through the straits by limiting their passage.
This status quo must be immediately be reviewed and if our leaders are clever the crises with russia can be played to our advantage by pursing nukes openly. Turkey can convince the western allies to put a blind eye to its activity as theyre not willing to protect us from this menace russia then we will by our nukes
Nukes isn't a simple thing to attain... You will need years and years, even decades. If no external help is given...
Now, The moment you pursue Nuclear capabilities... you will be under sanction... From EVERY side... Be it the West or the East...
Then I let you imagine in what shape TR gonna be after a decade or more under such "conditions"...
Can you do it? Yes... At what cost... that's another Q for the Future...

The best way is to get already made ones from a friendly country... or enough external help, that could shorten sanctions to it's minimum...
But your Economy is already fragile... your Alliances too... and your Social structure.

Then comes the Q... Why pursuing such endeavour... with consequences beyond sanity...when you refused to engage in war against ASSad?

It really doesn't matter... the point you gave are already in jeopardy... Whatever TR goes full War in Syria or not...
- About your Economy... Let's be honest... With a potential of 6-7Mil refugees your economy will be stressed...
- Gas/ Oil? Well, better forget about it... Every Nation/entity who wish you to get out of MED...will take Syria exemple as a fact that TR can be "pushed away" If they get the right backing... ie Russia/US...
- Military projects? With a weaker Economy (bc of Refugees and Internal/External Stress) who will pay for that as a priority? And who will buy them?

That's just a Simple vision of the consequences of such decision... I can still go on and on about consequences... Remember TR will lose whatever she worked for on the International and National maiden in the last Decades...

Already said, previously... Whatever Choice TR goes with... She will lose big...
Now, do not take my words, as TR SHOULD do X or Y or that X or Y is a better solution... It's ultimately the choice of you guys...whatever path you wish to take... BUT never EVER think that the road in the coming decades gonna be a "formality" or even similar to the "vision" that many right now believe in...

Not so much unless a large-scale conflict breaks out. The economy is already under pressure, thats why i said that Turkey is not able to compete against three countries on its own at the moment.

Turkey has not withdrawn from Syria and is striking back against regime targets. Not being able to answer Russia at the moment does not automatically mean that this is a sign that anyone can attack Turkey. In addition, the Mediterranean Sea is a completely different situation.

What's your point? If Turkey withdraws completely from Syria, this means a bigger wave of refugees.
The presence of Turkey is to counter this wave. Europe also benefits from this and otherwise Europe / NATO should support Turkey to prevent this. Everything has its consequences. The extent of this is debatable. That is why I am justifying Turkey's restraint right now.

Turkey will not come out as a loser. The greatest threat has already been eliminated and that was the YPG that was in the process of founding an independent Kurdish state.

Nukes isn't a simple thing to attain... You will need years and years, even decades. If no external help is given...
Now, The moment you pursue Nuclear capabilities... you will be under sanction... From EVERY side... Be it the West or the East...
Then I let you imagine in what shape TR gonna be after a decade or more under such "conditions"...
Can you do it? Yes... At what cost... that's another Q for the Future...

The best way is to get already made ones from a friendly country... or enough external help, that could shorten sanctions to it's minimum...
But your Economy is already fragile... your Alliances too... and your Social structure.

Then comes the Q... Why pursuing such endeavour... with consequences beyond sanity...when you refused to engage in war against ASSad?
Brother it seems you dont know how advanced turkey is. Turkey is not third world country in terms of tech. Im sure you've been following turkeys defence industry and you have to respect how fast and how far they've come in recent years. The way its going so far turkey will inshaAllah overtake britain and france in a decade or two. So tell me how difficult will it be for turkey building ww2 tech?

Now i must ask whats worse being nuked or being sanctioned?
If both outcome are worse then another option is to build our nukes in pakistan. Invest billions in expanding pakistan current nuclear facilities and capacity and build it there in the guise of producing energy. So pakistan gets free energy from the plant we expanded while we get our spent plutonium. If this idea haven't come across our leaders then i dont know what to say?

How many times do i have to write this till it goes into ur brain, its already the 6th time I think. Turkey isnt going to accept any more refugees, I think ur aware of this and at this point are projecting because it gets on ur nerves. The reality is that the refugee situation in Turkey is already not sustainable and sooner or later the borders to Europe will be opened and on the other hand Syrians will face deportations. That is a simple reality.

Still if u want to help them, make urself active in the arab world and try to get them inside ur countries. We are not arabs and alltogether also dont want to engage u, in 3 years u will also see a shift in some of our foreign policies especially in regards to the arab-israeli conflict so just to make it clear for you

- Not even 5 https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/...rkey-doesnt-have-any-plans-take-more-refugees
- If ur affected by ur brethren facing difficulties, this is fine but we Turks are also effected by the difficulties some of our countrymen face and Turks comes first. We cant support refugees and we also dont want to support any further.- LOOK you are Arabs, you have to make urself more active for ur brethren. Dont expect us to solve ur problems or be ur shining white knight.
- Simply: No refugees and the current ones will sooner or later face deportation or a pass to europe.

Back
Top Bottom