What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

@Ansu fati I think u got something wrong the PsyOP the Russians employ is via troll/bot accounts and fake media which they use to spam their views on the population they target, they did that successfully in 2015 because it was new and the effects were massive with regards to Public opinion etc. I mean Trump litteraly won because the Russian moves in 2016 but nowadays everyone is aware that there is a substantial amount of Russian bots and trolls in the web who earn their bread trough posting fake news or engaging in various discussion on various social networks and the effectiveness of these campaigns have decreased, they are not as successful as before with their moves and with the recent push to eliminate such accounts this will only further decrease.

When we now look at the Turkish public opinion which kinda now has a "thick skin" you see that no Turks takes anything serious because everyone is aware that things are being pushed to spread a certain narrative.
You are right but i have encountered turks who are pro russian on twitter which is total nonsense when i clicked on his profile he was sharing sputnik türkçe and anti erdogan news
My point is that russians know that big percentage of turkish population hate erdogan they also know that turks are too much proud and are very sensitive about the well being of turkish soldiers they also aware that if they share the drone footage of the attack turks would get even more pissed off
All of this gives russians the necessary leverage against turkish government and control over general situation
You have literally iyi party politician licking the balls of russians on pro-regime accounts
She is saying we don’t war we want to be in peace with assad and other trash talk all that while there are dead turkish soldiers
I criticize turkish intelligence and similar institutions for failing to exploit in the same way russian opposition parties against putin
Putin isn’t very comfortable in russia as many of you think he is
This what i meant
RUSSIANS HAVE STUDIED TURKS VERY WELL THEY KNOW ALL OF OUR WEAKNESSES AND ARE USING THEM
I wanted to quit this forum yesterday when i saw how pro and anti erdogan turks are attacking and insulting each other
We should all be together right now otherwise enemies will successfully continue exploiting DISUNITY

Last edited:
You are right but i have encountered turks who are pro russian on twitter which is total nonsense when i clicked on his profile he was sharing sputnik türkçe and anti erdogan news
My point is that russians know that big percentage of turkish population hate erdogan they also know that turks are too much proud and are very sensitive about the well being of turkish soldiers they also aware that if they share the drone footage of the attack turks would get even more pissed off
All of this gives russians the necessary leverage against turkish government and control over general situation
You have literally iyi party politician licking the balls of russians on pro-regime accounts
She is saying we don’t war we want to be in peace with assad and other trash talk all that while there are dead turkish soldiers
I criticize turkish intelligence and similar institutions for failing to exploit in the same way russian opposition parties against putin
This what i meant

I argued with my dad actually today about the Turkish soldiers and tanks getting destroyed. His a big erdogan supporter.

Only reply he gave was either shut up or you dont know anything. I literally said the fucking russians killed our soldiers and destroyed 4 tanks if you cant do shit about it. It means you are a fucking weak.

This is even in geopolitics and political science that I studied if you cant do shit you are basically defeated if not being bullied into submission.

Its fustrating really.

I agree pro and anti erdogan crowd should unite and think of the country and support the Turkish troops. What can you do?? We are all angry and pissed off. The reason for this disunity is simple nothing is being done only thing is that coming is setbacks over setbacks.

I think many Turks have now accepted defeat in Syria. The morale right now is piss poor and who is to blame?? Our commander and fucking chief thats why. Not just him all the politicians too like kilictaroglu the faggot none of them have given any sort of morale boosters at all.

Once morale breaks its all over.

Last edited:
I argued with my dad actually today about the Turkish soldiers and tanks getting destroyed. His a big erdogan supporter.

Only reply he gave was either shut up or you dont know anything. I literally said the fucking russians killed our soldiers and destroyed 4 tanks if you cant do shit about it. It means you are a fucking weak.

This is even in geopolitics and political science that I studied if you cant do shit you are basically defeated if not being bullied into submission.

Its fustrating really.

I agree pro and anti erdogan crowd should unite and think of the country and support the Turkish troops. What can you do?? We are all angry and pissed off. The reason for this disunity is simple nothing is being done only thing is that coming is setbacks over setbacks.

I think many Turks have now accepted defeat in Syria. The morale right now is piss poor and who is to blame?? Our commander and fucking chief thats why. Not just him all the politicians too like kilictaroglu the faggot none of them have given any sort of morale boosters at all.

Once morale breaks its all over.
I share the same opinion with you although I don’t think Turkey has lost yet
Turkish pro government elites wanted their own puppet in damascus which we all have to agree is in turkish national interest in the reality it was a pipe dream because TAF chief back then was pacifist and the government was full of feto snakes
If Turkey did intervention in 2012 then yes this pipe dream would come true...
After 2015 especially since 2016 coup turkish main national interest is to destroy pkk on its southern border or in other news military control over northern syria
This large piece of territory is enough for all refugees to be put there
Raping ayn el arab will give the necessary boost again
All those who are fans of different parties should put first national interest
Either all turks will show unity that will definitely give boost to government and soldiers or these unnecessary fights who is guilty and who isn’t will only give leverage to the enemies
Now the best thing should everyone do is to give support to turkish army normal criticism is welcome but stupid low-IQ insults and bringing conspiracy theory against certain people isn’t
There will be new elections and you will have freedom to decide the next president someone will be punished others awarded but until that happens it’s better to have here real discussion not trash talk

@Ansu fati

Thats for example the Russian troll brigade, engaging in various social networks and spreading their fake news.

And that was a miscalucated move alltogether like the whole conflict in Idlib. They made themselfs so unsympathetic to the Turkish public. This will have consequences for them.

No, iyi party is fine with striking assad as well.

This what i meant

There are enough countries dealing with Russia and the Russian population already and they are successful with that. There is a reason why international social media is banned in Russia and why they are using their own sites which are heavily controlled by their State lol. When we now look at things in the mid to long term.... you have a country whos population is heavily declining, fertility rate below replacement lvl, unattracative for migrants in fact today 30% of the Russians would already in an instant leave their country. Now combine it with the fact that the Energy market gets more and more diverse, Gas and Oil princes in a downward trend and more and more is being found globally. Their country will face lots of upcoming conflicts with China also getting more assertive in the north of its region and Ukraine probably wanting some its lands also back. Interesting times ahead.

Like the recent succsess of our news platforms https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/turkish-news-sites-are-becoming-huge.653181/

we also need proper think tanks,analysts etc. like a think tank for european affairs, a think tank for american affairs, a think tank for south asian affairs,east asian affairs,west asian,african and russian affairs to work out a sane foreign policy for these nations.

Erdogan is not a diplomat and hes someone who gets fooled to often. He has done a lot of mischief the last years and in order to make sure that this doesnt happen with the next government its important that they start to build the think tanks or at least build the foundations for these insitution´s

I share the same opinion with you although I don’t think Turkey has lost yet
Turkish pro government elites wanted their own puppet in damascus which we all have to agree is in turkish national interest in the reality it was a pipe dream because TAF chief back then was pacifist and the government was full of feto snakes
If Turkey did intervention in 2012 then yes this pipe dream would come true...
After 2015 especially since 2016 coup turkish main national interest is to destroy pkk on its southern border or in other news military control over northern syria
This large piece of territory is enough for all refugees to be put there
Raping ayn el arab will give the necessary boost again
All those who are fans of different parties should put first national interest
Either all turks will show unity that will definitely give boost to government and soldiers or these unnecessary fights who is guilty and who isn’t will only give leverage to the enemies
Now the best thing should everyone do is to give support to turkish army normal criticism is welcome but stupid low-IQ insults and bringing conspiracy theory against certain people isn’t
There will be new elections and you will have freedom to decide the next president someone will be punished others awarded but until that happens it’s better to have here real discussion not trash talk

Assad and the kurds are no problem.

The problem is both are backed by powerful countries. Assad would not be insulting us and even killing our soldiers if it wasnt for Russia.

Having a strong country behind you emboldens and empowers them. As long as you back them up they will feel the need to attack without a fear or deterrence.

https://www.yenisafak.com/dunya/alc...di-21-rejim-hedefi-ates-altina-alindi-3526618

Twenty one (21) regime target have been flattened.

resized_24a79-072317b069b87c45mansetc.jpg

When the Turkish airforce start arriving im going to say Alhamduliah.

Istikbal GOKLERDE!!!

@Glass don’t get me wrong i am not against iyi party
I am just saying that i have encountered female politician named Ilay Aksoy talking nicely with regime accounts who talked about turkish soldiers with very bad words
Go on twitter see this shameful talk yourself

I wonder how many hours were they late. In case you didn't know, our wounded troops waited till the morning to get evacuated since helicopters couldn't enter Syrian Airspace in the convoy bombing that resulted in 8 martyrs.
Another attack happened today???

@Glass don’t get me wrong i am not against iyi party
I am just saying that i have encountered female politician named Ilay Aksoy talking nicely with regime accounts who talked about turkish soldiers with very bad words
Go on twitter see this shameful talk yourself

Another attack happened today???
Yes and as always no retaliation was made.

Assad and the kurds are no problem.

The problem is both are backed by powerful countries. Assad would not be insulting us and even killing our soldiers if it wasnt for Russia.

Having a strong country behind you emboldens and empowers them. As long as you back them up they will feel the need to attack without a fear or deterrence.
Turkey is bordering syria which is excellent situation for logistics
Northern syria doesn’t have any air defense plus russian and american presence is literally irrelevant in numbers
If today while Turkey has perfect justification doesn’t attack and finish them then later when americans or russian do instali air defense system we can say that pkk state is defacto established on southern border and the next target is SE anatolia

Yes and as always no retaliation was made.
There are f-16s with more than 100km air to air missile range yet no plane is downed...
Or an airstrike on russian position and say that assad was targeted just like the russians did

Back
Top Bottom